Who here has a job cleaning porta-potties?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
Have you ever seen porta-johns before? Have you ever looked into the abyss of one? I would like to know who has either had a job where they had to clean that up or knew someone who did.

Have you ever seen porta-johns before? Have you ever looked into the abyss of one? I would like to know who has either had a job where they had to clean that up or knew someone who did.

What a strange thread topic, oh well to answer your questions, no and no.

• Banned

Job hunting?

I sure wouldn't mind doing the job if it paid a lot. I wouldn't do it if it paid a little but if it was enough then I would do it. No shame in working at shitty jobs if it allows you to stop living at home with mom and dad. I think you should think about that last sentence Don't Rape Me Bro.

Job hunting?

I sure wouldn't mind doing the job if it paid a lot. I wouldn't do it if it paid a little but if it was enough then I would do it. No shame in working at shitty jobs if it allows you to stop living at home with mom and dad. I think you should think about that last sentence Don't Rape Me Bro.
Around here it's about a ten dollar an hour job...As long as you don't embezzle the shit..

In our family the subject of porta-potty cleaning often comes up around Thanksgiving or Christmas. Generally it's one of our three sons who brings up the topic while the family's together and, has families are known to do, talking about the old days.

Here's how it might be introduced into the conversation..."Yeah, remember when Dad gave us the porta-potty warning..." The speaker would be referring to a time when the three of them were in the back seat as we motored smartly along some interstate highway somewhere. As I was passing a truck on our right one of them asked what kind of truck it was, meaning what it was used for as he'd never seen one like it before.

I explained that it was used to clean out porta-potties, pointing out the big hose wrapped around a motor/pump device, the large holding tank and whatnot, and explained it was the driver's job to go around and suck all the stuff out of however many potties on his route.

From the back seat came a reply along the lines of, "Yuk! Who'd wanna do that?"

Well, I know a teaching moment when I hear one so I went on to explain it was one of the more crummy jobs a guy could have but the people who do it didn't have much choice because they didn't apply themselves in school and thus they're not qualified to be hired to do much else in life. Ended it with a very Ward Cleaverish, "That's why Mom and I are always telling you guys how important it is that you work hard in school."

Don't know how much that lecture had to do with it, but all three did very well academically in grade school and beyond.

Job hunting?

Well, it's not like they clean them by hand. They have a truck that has a vacuum hose they run out and down into the tank to suck out the waste, and then drive it to wherever one disposes of such things in the area. When they retrieve the stall from the site, they use a power washer to clean out the inside for the next job.

Job hunting?

Around here it's about a ten dollar an hour job...As long as you don't embezzle the shit..

Sorry. I need more money than that to do that job.

Forum List

Back