Who do you think won the debate, Hillary or Trump?

I'm not even sure what the term "won" means.Gr

The only way to determine a "victor" is if it clearly sways the polls. Everything else is the typical partisan noise.

I've heard that "the polls" have favored Hillary in general since the debate, but I'm not sure about the specifics.
We are aware of your problem.
I don't know what this means. Jake, you really don't need to insult people with whom you disagree..
I am in firm agreement with you that you are "not sure about the specifics" of polling. Rasmussen, Nate Silver, and other polls are very clear that HRC did much better than Trump. Please stay with the OP.
I was referring specifically to the OP. Please stop trolling..
And I pointed out that I agree that you do not understand about these matters. My pointing this out is not trolling in the slightest, but it applies directly to the OP. You don't get it. That has been quite obvious for some time about you, Mac.

The fact is that RCP, Nate Silver, Rasmussen, etc., are quite sure that Hillary easily won the debate.
Great, thanks.

Only partisans get it. I'm good with that.

We are aware of your problem.
I don't know what this means. Jake, you really don't need to insult people with whom you disagree..
I am in firm agreement with you that you are "not sure about the specifics" of polling. Rasmussen, Nate Silver, and other polls are very clear that HRC did much better than Trump. Please stay with the OP.
I was referring specifically to the OP. Please stop trolling..
And I pointed out that I agree that you do not understand about these matters. My pointing this out is not trolling in the slightest, but it applies directly to the OP. You don't get it. That has been quite obvious for some time about you, Mac.

The fact is that RCP, Nate Silver, Rasmussen, etc., are quite sure that Hillary easily won the debate.
Great, thanks. Only partisans get it. I'm good with that..
icon_bored.gif

It was a two against one with the moderator obviously on Hillary's side, not even asking her a single tough question or bringing up any of the scandals and doubts voters have about her. Despite that, Trump still won because he got his message across and showed himself to be credible and able, although he could have done much better had he taken advantage of the missed opportunities.

This isn't about what the liberal media elite think. Dislike and distrust of the media is at record highs, which is why despite the constant propaganda and bashing on CNN and other networks, Trump is still doing quite well and even leading in some polls.

Debates these days consist of each person not answering a question and going into attack mode.
When I was on my high school debating team, the proctor would remind us that a debate is neither won or lost but is each persons view of the question and that each person is right depending.on their belief. Debates merely discuss the pros and cons and the goal isn't to win a gold medal but to expound on the subject matter.
It gets worse as you move into national political debates like this. While the partisans enjoy the "gotcha" questions as opportunities to hurt the other side, most of us would much prefer questions that ask specifically what they would do in office, and how they would react in any given situation (particularly in foreign affairs).

This childish slap-fighting is just political BS.

The real question is did the debate move the needle one way or the other in any major way so far the answer seems to be no. According to RCP Hillary has a three point lead up a little but not a major jump as of yet.

Actually, according to 538 just now

Chance of winning

Hillary Clinton

62.2%

Donald Trump

37.7%

Lefties point to polls that "say" Hillary own, Righties point to polls that "say" Trump won.

I know this will come as a complete shock to partisans, but the question is subjective.
Don't tell LoneLaugher that :eusa_silenced:

Silly nutter.

Determining who won that debate is not subjective. It is a fact that Hillary Clinton performed better than Trump in that debate.

Determining who won that debate is not subjective. It is a fact that Hillary Clinton performed better than Trump in that debate.

My Gawd, you really are just that stupid, aren't you?

roflmao

Debate is a judged competition like gymnastics or dance.

It is ENTIRELY SUBJECTIVE, ass hole.

My Gawd, you really are just that stupid, aren't you?

roflmao

Debate is a judged competition like gymnastics or dance.

It is ENTIRELY SUBJECTIVE, ass hole.
You don't understand terms and definitions. The polls are scientifically conducted. The "fact" is that people overwhelmingly believe that Clinton did much better than Trump. They will vote on that fact.

Neither scored a knock out. Trump needed to convince people - he failed to do so. In that regard he "lost." But it was not a great outing for the crook either. She was shrill and annoying, finger nails on a chalkboard are more pleasant than hearing the Deplorable old scum drone on.

One of the more obvious symptoms of being afflicted with hardcore partisan ideology is conflating fact with opinion.

There is no known cure!

:laugh:
I think the following is safe to say about the debates:

1. Hillary supporters think she won.

2. Trump supporters think he won.

3. The impact on independents, and liberals or conservatives who might get off the couch and go vote are the ones who really decide who "won" and that has nothing to do with debate rules/points/standards, and in this case we are talking about marginal numbers, maybe 3 to 5% of the vote.

Forum List

Back