Who do you think won the debate, Hillary or Trump?

nicoleivy5

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2016
Only 30% of people think Donald Trump won the debate according to popular government survey
"The latest research from YouGov US shows that most people who watched last night's debate say that Hillary Clinton won it. 57% of Americans who watched the debate say that she won the debate, while 30% say that Donald Trump won the debate. 13% of viewers aren't sure who, exactly, came out on top. "
upload_2016-9-30_0-28-50.png

I think considering the fact that it was meant to be an ad for Hillary, neither won.

Hillary didn't go into convulsive fits, so she did well. Trump showed his ability to debate even though most of the questions were rigged to embarrass him, and he responded well.

Considering the fact that the event was rigged in Hillary’s favor, I call it a tie leaning toward Trump. He handled her condescending comments well.

Lefties point to polls that "say" Hillary won, Righties point to polls that "say" Trump won.

I know this will come as a complete shock to partisans, but the question is subjective.
Less so when it is coming from polls that strive for accuracy and objectivity: RCP, Rasmussen, Nate Silver. Guess which polls say that Clinton won a smashing debate victory?

I'm not even sure what the term "won" means.

The only way to determine a "victor" is if it clearly sways the polls. Everything else is the typical partisan noise.

I've heard that "the polls" have favored Hillary in general since the debate, but I'm not sure about the specifics.

Lefties point to polls that "say" Hillary won, Righties point to polls that "say" Trump won. I know this will come as a complete shock to partisans, but the question is subjective..
Less so when it is coming from polls that strive for accuracy and objectivity: RCP, Rasmussen, Nate Silver. Guess which polls say that Clinton won a smashing debate victory?
Well, certainly the polls that you favor.

Which is pretty much my point.

The only way to determine a "victor" is if it clearly sways the polls. Everything else is the typical partisan noise.

I've heard that "the polls" have favored Hillary in general since the debate, but I'm not sure about the specifics.
We are aware of your problem.

I don't know what this means.

Jake, you really don't need to insult people with whom you disagree.

I don't know what this means. Jake, you really don't need to insult people with whom you disagree..
I am in firm agreement with you that you are "not sure about the specifics" of polling. Rasmussen, Nate Silver, and other polls are very clear that HRC did much better than Trump. Please stay with the OP.

I don't know what this means.

Jake, you really don't need to insult people with whom you disagree.
I do!:lol:

I don't know what this means. Jake, you really don't need to insult people with whom you disagree..
I am in firm agreement with you that you are "not sure about the specifics" of polling. Rasmussen, Nate Silver, and other polls are very clear that HRC did much better than Trump. Please stay with the OP.
I was referring specifically to the OP.

Please stop trolling.

I was referring specifically to the OP. Please stop trolling..
And I pointed out that I agree that you do not understand about these matters. My pointing this out is not trolling in the slightest, but it applies directly to the OP. You don't get it. That has been quite obvious for some time about you, Mac.

The fact is that RCP, Nate Silver, Rasmussen, etc., are quite sure that Hillary easily won the debate.

Debates these days consist of each person not answering a question and going into attack mode.
When I was on my high school debating team, the proctor would remind us that a debate is neither won or lost but is each persons view of the question and that each person is right depending.on their belief. Debates merely discuss the pros and cons and the goal isn't to win a gold medal but to expound on the subject matter.

Forum List

Back