Who are the Israelis?

Gaza's Jewish History - Rabbi Yisrael Najarah

Born in 1555 in Damascus, studied with his father Rabbi Mosheh Najarah, a native of Safed under the rule of the Ottoman Empire, and with his grandfather Rabbi Israel de Curiel, one of the sages of Safed and one of the first four certified by Smichah. By his own choice, he moved to Damascus and was a public emissary in the community there. After a period spent between different cities in different places, among others in the Levant, he returned to Damascus for a short period. After that he returned to Safed, where he married and had a daughter.

Following a plague that killed his daughter and wife, Rabbi Israel Najarah returned to Damascus in 1576 and remarried. He had three children from this marriage.

The Chief Rabbi of Gaza

After a period in Damascus, he moved to Gaza, where he served as a judge. His son, Rabbi Mosheh Najarah, served as the Chief Rabbi of Gaza after him. While in Gaza he was a teacher of a Avtalion. He died in 1628 in Gaza, and was buried in the Jewish cemetery in the city. According to another testimony, his grave is located on the territory of the al-Boreij refugee camp in the center of the Gaza Strip.

The Love Song of Gaza

Rabbi Israel Najara became famous mainly as a poet and bard, and his work had a considerable influence in Jewish communities from the Balkan countries, most of the countries of the Muslim world and even India. In his poetry, the influence of Spanish poetry is evident, both in the strict weight and form, and in the subjects of the poetry. Among his famous poems: 'Anna Elech', 'Y'arat Dvash/Honey Comb', 'Yah Creator of Eternity', 'Yoducho Ra'ioni/ My Thought Shall Thank You', 'Ya'alah Boi L'Gani/Doe come to my garden', 'My Dove The Radiance Of Your Splendor', 'Residing on the throne of Glory', "My Beloved Shepherd Who Raises Me/Ydidi Ro'ee Mkimi', and many more.

Ya'arat Dvash - The Honeycomb

Gaza's Jewish History - Hebrew Love Poetry

Ydidi Ro'i Mekimi
is a poem composed by Rabbi Yisrael Nagarah (1555 Safed - 1628 Gaza). The piyyut expresses the longing of the Jewish people in exile to their G-d as a flock that yearns for the guiding and supportive hand of the shepherd and for redemption.

Rabbi Yisrael Nagara was the rabbi of Gaza, buried there in an ancient Jewish cemetery, considered one of the greatest Hebrew poets of all times.

My beloved shepherd who raises me up
From being run over people of vanity

Tell me now, to whom have You abandoned a few of the herd
Return to gather Your remote, for they are seed of Your beloved

And see the peace of Your brothers and the peace of the flock

Graze me in the beautiful grass, give pasture over all the blessings
By Your hand, gather the lamb, and carry the young of the herd

Say please my redeemer my rescue, till when is my injustice
Govern me, graze me, the Shepherd of my vanity
And Abel (vanity) was a shepherd

Gather thousands, cover them and rescue them
From the hand of the hater, hasten the redeemer

Also the herd shall pass, and build the Temple and the Hall
And send the messenger of Israel, to say "redeemer came to Zion"
Rachel (ewe) comes with the flock

Geveye says that about 2,000 Israeli Ethiopian professionals are currently integrated into high-tech but not in top management positions.

“We really have potential in terms of talent, and the situation gets better every year, but in entrepreneurship we are in the infant stages,” he says.

In comparison to efforts encouraging entrepreneurship among haredim (ultra-Orthodox Jews), Arabs and women, he says, “the private and public sector wasn’t putting in resources to make it happen.”

IMG_2420.jpeg

To be sure, the two-state solution was a noble dream. But it turns out it always was just that—a dream. What enabled those who clung to it long enough to continue sleepwalking through the wrecks of exploding buses, the bodies of slain civilians, the constant wild calls for violence against us, the massive efforts to build terror infrastructures under our noses and on our borders, was our own tendency to imagine Palestinians in our own image. For all the fashionable talk of diversity, we too find it hard to imagine a people that is not like ourselves. Knowing our own striving for self-determination, we assumed that the Palestinians, too, want above all to be masters of their own fate in their own sovereign state.

But that is not what they want. The huge amount of international aid Palestinians have received since 1948 was never used for nation-building. It wasn’t used for building houses and roads or for planting orange groves. It was harnessed to one overarching cause: the destruction of the Jewish state. This is what the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA) does: subsidize and shield Palestinian terror infrastructure. This is what the PA does with its pay-for-slay salaries—underwritten by the U.S.—to the families of terrorists. And this is what Hamas was able to do as a result of the billions invested in Gaza: It bought weapons, trained terrorists, and built a sprawling network of terror tunnels—and not one bomb shelter for civilians.

Has Bibi elected himself deity now?
:rolleyes:
~S~

He merely declared he believes in the return of Monarchy in Israel.

The anointed king is not a deity but a human being.
PM Netanyahu's been called king by his voters
since forever...the difference is only formal.

Soldiers in the army of HaShem | Mshiach Patch For Every Soldier

Temple Mount Update | Shavu'a Tov from the Temple Mount Youth

417434201_787455250080441_5224128910292702174_n.jpg

"For the conductor, a song of David. May HaShem answer you on a day of distress; may the name of the G-d of Yaakov fortify you. May He send your aid from His sanctuary, and may He support you from Zion. May He remember all your meal offerings and may He accept your fat burnt offerings forever. May He give you as your heart desires, and may He fulfill all your counsel. Let us sing praises for your salvation, and let us assemble in the name of our G-d; may HaShem fulfill all your requests."

"Now I know that HaShem saved His anointed; He answered him from His holy heavens; with the mighty acts of salvation from His right hand. These trust in chariots and these in horses, but we - we mention the name of HaShem our G-d. They kneel and fall, but we rise and gain strength. HaShem, save us; may the King answer us on the day we call." Psalms 20)

NEWSY2056db172dc2eb4bcead9affdd06666e23.jpg

PRAYING FOR VICTORY AT THE TOMB OF JOSHUA

Last week thousands of Israelis gathered at the tomb of Joshua bin Nun, the student of Moshe, who led Israel's conquest of the land of Israel, to pray for Israel's victory over her enemies and for the release of the Israelis being held hostage in Gaza.

The final chapter of the book of Joshua describes Joshua's death and burial:
"And Joshua sent the people away, every man to his inheritance. And it was after these things, that Joshua the son of Nun, the servant of HaShem, died, being a hundred and ten years old. And they buried him in the border of his inheritance in Timnath-serah, which is in Mount Ephraim, on the north side of the hill of Gaash." (Joshua 24:28-30)

417438925_787657146726918_352322628843680335_n.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back