Who are the Israelis?

I'll tell my girls these were 'the Beatles'...

Last edited:
Chabad Online - 15 Facts About Queen Esther

RBxm11850077.jpg

8. She Kept Her Judaism Hidden

After Achashverosh deposed his first queen, Vashti, he was advised to collect beautiful women from throughout his empire. He spent a night with each woman before trying out the next “contestant.”

Esther had no interest in becoming queen, but when she was taken to the harem she had no choice. Upon the advice of Mordechai, she kept her Judaism (and her royal roots) a secret, even after the king chose her to be queen.

In order to maintain a Jewish life, she had seven maids, each of whom served her on a different day of the week. Thus, the Shabbat maid would not notice that the queen acted any differently on that day.

To keep kosher, she subsisted on seeds and other food that is inherently kosher.
We commemorate this by eating poppy-filled pastries (hamantaschen) on Purim.6

Last edited:
Picture1.jpg

Chabad Online - 15 Facts About Queen Esther

RBxm11850077.jpg

8. She Kept Her Judaism Hidden

After Achashverosh deposed his first queen, Vashti, he was advised to collect beautiful women from throughout his empire. He spent a night with each woman before trying out the next “contestant.”

Esther had no interest in becoming queen, but when she was taken to the harem she had no choice. Upon the advice of Mordechai, she kept her Judaism (and her royal roots) a secret, even after the king chose her to be queen.

In order to maintain a Jewish life, she had seven maids, each of whom served her on a different day of the week. Thus, the Shabbat maid would not notice that the queen acted any differently on that day.

To keep kosher, she subsisted on seeds and other food that is inherently kosher.
We commemorate this by eating poppy-filled pastries (hamantaschen) on Purim.6

Last edited:

Guinness certifies world’s heaviest strawberry in Israel

The Ilan berry clocked in at 289 grams (about 10 ounces), whereas an average strawberry weighs 15 grams.

strawberry-men-768x432.jpg

On February 12, an Israeli strawberry was certified by the Guinness World Records as the world’s heaviest.

Toot BaSadeh (Strawberry in the Field) farm, in centrally located Kadima-Zoran, grew the berry that weighed 289 grams (about 10 ounces), or 290 with its stem. To put that in perspective, farmer Tzahi Ariel first weighed an iPhone, which clocked in at 194 grams.

“I am a second-generation strawberry farmer,” Ariel tells ISRAEL21c. “Since my three brothers and I were children, we grew strawberries with our father.”

About 10 varieties of strawberries are raised on Toot BaSadeh’s 100 dunams, or 24.7 acres. The record-breaking Ilan variety was first planted there about three or four years ago, and like the others is sold in the farm’s own market and across Israel.

Every Israeli has a case of antisemite cards and a case of terrorist cards to be played freely in any conversation.

Israel demolishes homes of three families in Khirbet al-Fakhit, Masafer Yatta​

The Israeli occupation forces detain the Jerusalemite Mohammad Al Awar after raiding his home in Silwan village.

Forum List

Back