Who are the Israelis?

Purim 5782 in Israel: War, Plagues, Somebody Call Batgirl

Batgirl at the Gabrieli Carmel School in Tel Aviv, March 15, 2022.

Our photo server, Flash90, was particularly generous this Purim, with a lovely assortment of costumes snapped by their talented photographers. And we sprinkled a few from other sources. So, without any ado at all, here is this year’s selection:

Here-are-two-count-them-two-versions-of-Muppet-scientist-Bunsen-Honeydew%E2%80%99s-lab-assistant-Beaker..jpg
Here are two, count them, two versions of Muppet scientist Bunsen Honeydew’s lab assistant Beaker. Another experiment gone terribly wrong? / Olivier Fitoussi/Flash90
You-must-have-heard-of-the-Botaner-cowboys..jpg
You must have heard of the Boyaner cowboys. Well, here is where they get their initial training, in the Meah Shearim neighborhood of Jerusalem. / Yonatan Sindel/Flash90
This-Tsfat-kid-is-the-ultimate-kosher-ham..jpg
This Tsfat kid is the ultimate kosher ham. / David Cohen/Flash90OK, time for political humor: MK Itamar

Inebriated-folks-in-a-Jerusalem-alley.-The-photograph-is-from-2021-but-we-couldn%E2%80%99t-ignore-it..jpg
Inebriated folks in a Jerusalem alley. The photograph is from 2021, but we couldn’t ignore it. / Shir Torem/Flash90
Jewish-Ukrainian-girl-who-fled-the-war-zone-is-getting-ready-for-a-Purim-party.jpg
Some more current events Purim: a Jewish Ukrainian girl who fled the war zone is getting ready for a Purim party at a temporary shelter in Kishinev, Moldova. / Yossi Zeliger/Flash90
Zelinsky-Bennett-Putin-and-Biden-at-the-Gabrieli-Carmel-School-in-Tel-Aviv..jpg
The four leaders of the world (L-R): Zelinsky, Bennett, Putin, and Biden, at the Gabrieli Carmel School in Tel Aviv. They look a little eerie without eyes, more like an alien invasion than a political get-together.

what%E2%80%99s-this-Purim-costume-about-696x464.jpg

OK, this took some thinking. Bravo!

This one is stunning. No idea how much makeup they had to use and how tiny is the child underneath:

Purim In Israel - Jewish Press

Last edited:
'As The Amount of Exodus' - Rabbi Kanyevsky Ztz"l Funeral | News Headlines
Beitar Jerusalem In Black Stripes | Knesset Openning Eulogy - "Walking Torah Scroll"

WhatsApp-Image-2022-03-20-at-06.31.06.jpeg
WhatsApp-Image-2022-03-20-at-06.31.07.jpeg
WhatsApp-Image-2022-03-20-at-06.31.08.jpeg
WhatsApp-Image-2022-03-20-at-08.37.27.jpeg
WhatsApp-Image-2022-03-20-at-06.31.06-2.jpeg
WhatsApp-Image-2022-03-20-at-06.31.07-2.jpeg
WhatsApp-Image-2022-03-20-at-06.31.06-1.jpeg
WhatsApp-Image-2022-03-20-at-06.31.07-1.jpeg

62377a834dea84af1.jpg

Shay and Bar Tzabary - Me'alay Dmamah (Silence Above Me)

Above me silence, blue-lit of light
Light of a star shining white
The meaning of a secret
Untouched for eternity
Towards my home's window
The wind stormed

Let me come and go
Only play love

Reach out Your hand my brother
This is the hour of dawn
Moment of pleasure without
A spare word, in my dreams
Your character appears
Moment of calmness
Poured before me
- by Ahuvah 'Ozery

Last edited:

Mt. Eibal Archaeology - Hebrew inscription from the 13th century BCE

An inscription in ancient Hebrew, with the explicit name of G-d, was discovered on Mount 'Eibal in Samaria, and dates to the 13th century BC. Prof. Gershon Galil from the University of Haifa says that this is the oldest Hebrew inscription found so far - evidence of the use of the Hebrew language in biblical times.

ryzDcJEbu_0_0_1280_576_0_x-large.jpg

FNOKBR2WUAMDCPU

Last edited:

Transport Minister @MeravMichaeli met today with Egged driver Arthur Hayimov, who yesterday neutralized the terrorist in the attack in Be'er Shev'a, and presented him with an honorary appreciation from the Ministry of Transportation: "Thank you for the extraordinary resourcefulness that saved civilians' lives.

Why do young people move to Israel? | What do Israelis think about American Jews?

Last edited:

NABLUS, (PIC)

A horde of Jewish settlers sneaked at dawn Monday into Jalud village, south of Nablus, and set fire to four Palestinian cars.

According to local official Ghassan Daghlas, settlers from the illegal settlement of Adei Ad torched four cars belonging to Jalud residents.

Read more at
https://english.palinfo.com/50448
@Copyright The Palestinian Information Center

Forum List

Back