Who are the Israelis?

Why does the world claim ignorance of this?

D939515E-5BF3-486A-A0DA-9A8C127D533D.jpeg

The secret of the cholent | Rabbi Sherki

Why did the Ceator want, to want, to be in need of us?
Student: To do us kindness.
R. Sherki: What kindness is this?
Student: That we're here.
R.Sherki: We could've existed without Him requiring us.
Student: Then there's no one to talk to.

Student: Will has no reason.
R. Sherki: "Will has no reason", when we need to pull a joker we add this as well.
But for now, first, we try to understand G-d's world.
Student: From the perspective of purpose?
R. Sherki: The answer is - because of the secret of the cholent.
...the cholent, yes? Yes, clear? Ok next...
Student: The one made of potatoes?
R.Sherki: Yes, of potatoes.
What isn't clear? Don't you know what's a cholent? Potatoes?
Then what don't You know?
Student: The connection.

R. Sherki: Ah...the secret of the cholent.
The secret of the cholent is as follows - cholent is the hamyn, the stew of Shabbat, it comes from the old French, meaning 'to heat slowly'. You will see how important it is, in the understanding of Jewish theology.

There's a mother who prepares the Shabbat, having her time, but there's someone nagging, small Yossi, circles around her steps, pulls her apron, gets bored...in short, a poor kid.

She tells him, "Yossi, today I'll give You a role". "Today You'll be responsible for peeling the potatoes for the cholent". His eyes are lit, he's full of joy and happiness - peeling the potatoes. And the next morning, the mother says, "do You know thanks to whom do we have cholent on the table? Thanks to Yossi".
And Yossi with his nose up, satisfied - he made the cholent.

Now, rises the question - does the mother need Yossi's peeling of potatoes?

She doesn't, could get along without it, but now that she has imposed it on Yossi, and did it for him, so he has something ideal to do rather than to treat himself. After she did so, now she's planning her Shabbat assuming, that the potatoes are indeed peeled by Yossi. And if not, tho cholent isn't successful.
As to say, she didn't have to need him, but now that she decided to need him - she really does.
Thus from the Shabbat dishes of the Jewish mother - we learn a secret in theology.
That the Creator wanted to need us, and therefore He really needs us.

Why did He do so?
For us, if we acted only for ourselves it was egoistic, which wouldn't be a complete favor. The moment we do it for HaShem, then our activity had an ideal character, therefore a much higher present having a moral value.

Picture1.jpg

The young woman from Hebron who escaped a family "honor murder"
- asks to join the tribe

Two siblings from Hebron, Saddam, and Sadin, decided to leave everything behind, to live in Israel - and become Jews. This journey included running away from a murder attempt and difficulties in assimilation, besides hope and striving for the future, including
service in the IDF.

Sadin: "It was 2020, I was obliged to marry someone. His father called me, said he had my pictures without Hijab (head cover), and if I don't go tell my father, that I wish to cancel, he comes the next morning to show my father the pictures - and he will deal with it.

I didn't want to get married anymore, and I've told him. He would hit me all the time, he didn't accept that. So I thought, Saddam wasn't home, doesn't talk to them and doesn't think like them - and I didn't do a thing to be killed for. So I called him, explained my situation, and asked if he could help me get out. If he wouldn't I do it on my own. And he said, "no, I'll come to help You".

Saddam and Sadin are siblings only through a common father. Met only a few times, and have an age difference - Saddam is 30, Sadin is 18. Saddam who was living abroad but on a vocation in Israel, remembered his sister Neevin who was simillarily murdered in 2017,
and when the phone call reached, he didn't think twice.

Saddam: "I was a person who was raised to hate Jews, this is the truth no one can deny.
To hate the Jew, to rob a Jew, to murder a Jew, it's ok. If the army passes by,
take stones, and go throw them, if you're shot,
nothing is wrong - you're a "Shahid..."

"You're learning something not because You have to, but because this is what You want to be.
I'm not shy and not scared, only for one thing - which is what I really want to be.

I want to be in the IDF, not in five years, I'm ready now. What I've gone through, eventually decided that I've found myself here, and if to convert in front of the entire world, then I want to return the favor to the nation."

Sadin: "I want to learn, want to be a lawyer to help people, I know many are like me".

7th of Adar the Hillulah of Mosheh Rabbenu A"H
Temple Mount Yeshivah - Minhah Prayer Live

Mazal Tov! And called her name in Israel - Hen Zion

Last edited:
The secret of the cholent | Rabbi Sherki

Why did the Ceator want, to want, to be in need of us?
Student: To do us kindness.
R. Sherki: What kindness is this?
Student: That we're here.
R.Sherki: We could've existed without Him requiring us.
Student: Then there's no one to talk to.

Student: Will has no reason.
R. Sherki: "Will has no reason", when we need to pull a joker we add this as well.
But for now, first, we try to understand G-d's world.
Student: From the perspective of purpose?
R. Sherki: The answer is - because of the secret of the cholent.
...the cholent, yes? Yes, clear? Ok next...
Student: The one made of potatoes?
R.Sherki: Yes, of potatoes.
What isn't clear? Don't you know what's a cholent? Potatoes?
Then what don't You know?
Student: The connection.

R. Sherki: Ah...the secret of the cholent.
The secret of the cholent is as follows - cholent is the hamyn, the stew of Shabbat, it comes from the old French, meaning 'to heat slowly'. You will see how important it is, in the understanding of Jewish theology.

There's a mother who prepares the Shabbat, having her time, but there's someone nagging, small Yossi, circles around her steps, pulls her apron, gets bored...in short, a poor kid.

She tells him, "Yossi, today I'll give You a role". "Today You'll be responsible for peeling the potatoes for the cholent". His eyes are lit, he's full of joy and happiness - peeling the potatoes. And the next morning, the mother says, "do You know thanks to whom do we have cholent on the table? Thanks to Yossi".
And Yossi with his nose up, satisfied - he made the cholent.

Now, rises the question - does the mother need Yossi's peeling of potatoes?

She doesn't, could get along without it, but now that she has imposed it on Yossi, and did it for him, so he has something ideal to do rather than to treat himself. After she did so, now she's planning her Shabbat assuming, that the potatoes are indeed peeled by Yossi. And if not, tho cholent isn't successful.
As to say, she didn't have to need him, but now that she decided to need him - she really does.
Thus from the Shabbat dishes of the Jewish mother - we learn a secret in theology.
That the Creator wanted to need us, and therefore He really needs us.

Why did He do so?
For us, if we acted only for ourselves it was egoistic, which wouldn't be a complete favor. The moment we do it for HaShem, then our activity had an ideal character, therefore a much higher present having a moral value.

:)

I love the Cholent. Ashkenazi and Sephardic versions.

This Week Torah Portion - Vayikra 5782 | Giving It Everything

King Solomon says that “Anything that comes your way to do in life, give it with all your might.”
If you want to succeed in anything in life, you have to give it 110%.

That's what Vayikra is about – korbanot. The first korban – 'Olah – is the burnt offering which is entirely burnt for HaShem. The basis of our relationship with HaShem is being fully and completely committed.

Last edited:

Shabbat Zachor - Elimination of 'Amalek and Doubts

Last edited:
The Jews living in Israel have been under attack by Arabs living here, since even before 1948. From that time onwards, Arabs from neighboring countries have joined in on the fun of trying to drive us into the sea. Besides the benefits of peace deals with Egypt, Jordan and other Arab countries, there has been little respite for us, despite our peace overtures to the palestinian Arabs.

Despite being the aggressors, and despite turning down peace overture after peace overture, the palestinian Arabs have long claimed they are the victims, the victims of imaginary apartheid, ethnic cleansing and genocide. And it is this victim mentality that permeates their thinking now more than ever.

lThe reaction of many palestinian Arabs and their supporters (read: Israel haters) to the Russian invasion of Ukraine can be summarized rather well by looking at the propaganda they are creating and disseminating:

Forum List

Back