White privilege

yeah, the slave example was to prove that numbers don't matter when it comes to power. You brought up the "numbers" point in one of your sidetracks...

What exactly do you mean by "a widely known opinion and dogma. You see AGAIN you fail to articulate a point... whats wrong with you?
Numbers DO matter when it comes to power, you twit. We live in a Democratic society, "numbers" are damn near EVERYTHING. Without the "numbers" the "Clinton days"(as Van Jones recently remarked about)never would have happened, and modern Democratic politics would actually not exist with HW Bush being president(and by extension, Reagan) for 4 more years, instead of Clinton for 8. Without the "numbers", Obama does as well in 2008 or 2012 as Jesse Jackson did in his run(hint: this is partly why I brought up "birth rates" before).

It should be obvious what I meant when I described "white privilege" as a widely known opinion and dogma. Analogies are only used to simplify what you are talking about to people who can't comprehend the information you are giving at face value, not to rub your point in the face of those who claim they know what you are talking about and are straight up telling you that you are wrong. I know far more about arguments in favor of "white privilege" than you ever will, and I have a direct counter to all of them.
Well you have failed to present any reasonable counter argument during this conversation. What exactly is your point? That the % of whites in this country is decreasing therefore there is no such thing as "white privilege" ?? Is that your final answer or would you care to clarify exactly what you are trying to say?

yeah, the slave example was to prove that numbers don't matter when it comes to power. You brought up the "numbers" point in one of your sidetracks...

What exactly do you mean by "a widely known opinion and dogma. You see AGAIN you fail to articulate a point... whats wrong with you?
Numbers DO matter when it comes to power, you twit. We live in a Democratic society, "numbers" are damn near EVERYTHING. Without the "numbers" the "Clinton days"(as Van Jones recently remarked about)never would have happened, and modern Democratic politics would actually not exist with HW Bush being president(and by extension, Reagan) for 4 more years, instead of Clinton for 8. Without the "numbers", Obama does as well in 2008 or 2012 as Jesse Jackson did in his run(hint: this is partly why I brought up "birth rates" before).

It should be obvious what I meant when I described "white privilege" as a widely known opinion and dogma. Analogies are only used to simplify what you are talking about to people who can't comprehend the information you are giving at face value, not to rub your point in the face of those who claim they know what you are talking about and are straight up telling you that you are wrong. I know far more about arguments in favor of "white privilege" than you ever will, and I have a direct counter to all of them.
Well you have failed to present any reasonable counter argument during this conversation. What exactly is your point? That the % of whites in this country is decreasing therefore there is no such thing as "white privilege" ?? Is that your final answer or would you care to clarify exactly what you are trying to say?
Not the percentage, the absolute number. White people are having fewer children every generation while the non-white birth rate remains fairly stagnant, despite significant upward economic mobility for non-whites (which should have caused a heavy drop in birth rates for non-white populations, but it doesn't because non-whites have many "privileges" of their own). By and large non-white couples don't worry about if they have exactly enough money and resources to support 2 or 3 or even 4 kids(that is for the government(Obama)to fix, aka the white tax payer), and they largely don't worry about sending their kids to expensive private schools or paying for expensive extra activities("white" sports)that white parents are pretty much pressured into paying for by society because of racial stereotypes and cultural norms. White couples are never not squeezed for cash unless they make significantly more than the average income(often times this means they skipped having kids and opted to work even more hours anyway), and that means you typically see white couples in the middle income bracket with one or no kids, while their black neighbors(upward mobility) have 2 or 3.

Without white children to shape the culture, fill up classrooms etc, non-whites will dominate everything in this country(and in Europe), and you can bet your ass they will use their political might to take away power from the few white CEOs that remain(South Africa comes to mind). "White privilege" will be nothing compared the racism a much older and much smaller white population will face in the likely future that "progressive" dumbasses have created.

Once you dig into the true causes of the birth rate gap, the political racial double standards, the extent of the gender divide in white communities compared to non-white communities, the extent of the generational divide in white communities compared to non-white communities, the extent of the political divide in white communities compared to non-white communities etc, the concept of white privilege becomes nothing more than an evil prank played on white people in America and across the globe.

Not the percentage, the absolute number. White people are having fewer children every generation while the non-white birth rate remains fairly stagnant, despite significant upward economic mobility for non-whites (which should have caused a heavy drop in birth rates for non-white populations, but it doesn't because non-whites have many "privileges" of their own). By and large non-white couples don't worry about if they have exactly enough money and resources to support 2 or 3 or even 4 kids(that is for the government(Obama)to fix, aka the white tax payer), and they largely don't worry about sending their kids to expensive private schools or paying for expensive extra activities("white" sports)that white parents are pretty much pressured into paying for by society because of racial stereotypes and cultural norms. White couples are never not squeezed for cash unless they make significantly more than the average income(often times this means they skipped having kids and opted to work even more hours anyway), and that means you typically see white couples in the middle income bracket with one or no kids, while their black neighbors(upward mobility) have 2 or 3.

Without white children to shape the culture, fill up classrooms etc, non-whites will dominate everything in this country(and in Europe), and you can bet your ass they will use their political might to take away power from the few white CEOs that remain(South Africa comes to mind). "White privilege" will be nothing compared the racism a much older and much smaller white population will face in the likely future that "progressive" dumbasses have created.

Once you dig into the true causes of the birth rate gap, the political racial double standards, the extent of the gender divide in white communities compared to non-white communities, the extent of the generational divide in white communities compared to non-white communities, the extent of the political divide in white communities compared to non-white communities etc, the concept of white privilege becomes nothing more than an evil prank played on white people in America and across the globe.
Wow, I knew you were disconnected from reality but not to this extent. I don't think your garbage of a statement even deserves a response, but I will say that you are completely missing the point of what the term "white privilege" is and your obvious bigotry towards minority races is quite sickening. Best to stick to your pointless empty insults, when you actually try to sound smart you just highlight how much of an ignorant asshole you are.

tumblr_oku0n7hRkD1vt13iho1_1280.jpg

I had the privilege of being born in a remote logging camp where we lived in a two room cabin.

I sure feel sorry for the underprivileged like Jaden Smith who didn't have all of that because of his skin color. .

I had the privilege of being born in a remote logging camp where we lived in a two room cabin.

I sure feel sorry for the underprivileged like Jaden Smith who didn't have all of that because of his skin color. .
Question, how many white people do you think are third generation college graduates? How many blacks? How about third generation doctors, lawyers, business owners? Think On that for a second

How many examples do you have where merit is not rewarded?

How many excuses can you make for a black person beating you?
Why would I need to make excuses? I control my own destiny.

That's a question you should ask yourself.
I did ask myself that question. I have no need to make excuses for anything. What part of I control my own destiny did you not understand?

You on the other hand is another subject. Why would you think anyone would need to make excuses unless you yourself see a need for making excuses? Ask yourself that question.

I did ask myself that question. I have no need to make excuses for anything. What part of I control my own destiny did you not understand?

You on the other hand is another subject. Why would you think anyone would need to make excuses unless you yourself see a need for making excuses? Ask yourself that question.
i dont think anybody should be encouraged to make excuses for themselves and I believe in personal responsibility... but that is a different discussion. What I don't believe in is staying ignorant and unaware of certain realities that exist in our society. White privilege being one of them.

i dont think anybody should be encouraged to make excuses for themselves and I believe in personal responsibility... but that is a different discussion. What I don't believe in is staying ignorant and unaware of certain realities that exist in our society. White privilege being one of them.
What exactly has "white privilege" prevented you from accomplishing?

White privilege hasn't prevent me from accomplishing anything... The fact that you are asking that means you are completely missing the point. Try looking at this situation with open eyes and not defensive debate

White privilege hasn't prevent me from accomplishing anything... The fact that you are asking that means you are completely missing the point. Try looking at this situation with open eyes and not defensive debate
I'm not being defensive. We live in a merit based society. Anyone can accomplish anything that they can earn. And no, the fact that I am asking you that question does not mean I have missed the point. I don't accept your point that people are not in control of their own destinies. You are missing my point. For you to believe that "white privilege" unfairly advantages some, must mean that you believe that it unfairly disadvantages others. That my friend is what we call an external locus of control. Life is what it is, to argue that there are circumstances beyond our control is a fatalistic attitude. While it is true that not everyone has the same starting point that does not mean that their lot will hold them back. There are plenty of rags to riches examples out there to prove that it is possible to succeed, even if your skin is not white or come from a family of wealth.

I'm not being defensive. We live in a merit based society. Anyone can accomplish anything that they can earn. And no, the fact that I am asking you that question does not mean I have missed the point. I don't accept your point that people are not in control of their own destinies. You are missing my point. For you to believe that "white privilege" unfairly advantages some, must mean that you believe that it unfairly disadvantages others. That my friend is what we call an external locus of control. Life is what it is, to argue that there are circumstances beyond our control is a fatalistic attitude. While it is true that not everyone has the same starting point that does not mean that their lot will hold them back. There are plenty of rags to riches examples out there to prove that it is possible to succeed, even if your skin is not white or come from a family of wealth.
Agreed... i never said that people are not in control of their own destinies, I actually said the exact opposite of that. I'm simply explaining a reality which is true in our country. Acknowledgement of this reality goes a long way.

Agreed... i never said that people are not in control of their own destinies, I actually said the exact opposite of that. I'm simply explaining a reality which is true in our country. Acknowledgement of this reality goes a long way.
Which reality is that?

I agree with you. I think personal responsibility should be promoted. But let's not deny the existence of what history has provided for the various races in our country. Whites have had a much easier path to success than other groups

Cis+white+male+privilege_3494b0_5336214.jpg

Which reality is that?
That the history of our nation in regards to the oppression of the black race has led to socioeconomic disadvantages that are still being felt today

Forum List

Back