Zone1 White people don't struggle...because they're white.

Tell that to my college educated millionaire brother or his two kids who will graduate from MSU and whose starting pay is $85K.

And I'm not doing so bad either. The average is $50K and I make over $30K more a year than that so I am the example of how a college degree is worth $1 million dollars. $30K x 30 years is how much? $900K? That's the million I'm going to retire with.
Strutting All Over People

You brag about how much money you make slavishly bootlicking the plutocratic parasites. You say nothing about whether you're worth what you make and think it's irrelevant. College-level stupidity.

In Gorky Park, the main character's ex-wife bragged about how great she had it being a Communist Party member. She had the same attitude about the public that you Yuppy bootlickers have. It's all about mini-me.

Last edited:
On the high end I will be making $70K a year sitting on my ass.

And yea, you're a boomer right? You guys are in charge now and told us (gen x and younger) that we can't have it as good as you had it.

Yes, you worked when America was great. What years did you work between?

Are you saying you worked for one company for 30 years? Today young people at most last 5 years at one company. No stability, eat up what you saved when you're unemployed looking for another job, or like me start all over again from the ground because you are in sales and it's going to take you 2 years to get established.

I've been with my company now for 10 years. I've never worked for one place this long. Finally my 401K is starting to build.

Thank god I made a fortune during the Clinton years. That 401K I rolled over back in the 2000's is just as big as my 401K now.

I was low balling. I just assumed $2000 a month from ss and I make more than $80K. I was just saying that the average person makes $50K and I am the typical college educated person who makes $1 million dollars more than them in my 30 years of work. That's all I was saying.

Do you have a college degree? If you don't, remember, you don't pay uneducated people a good wage anymore. You sent all those jobs to Mexico and China.

There's so much wrong with what you said it's hard to disect it all.

I only made over $80K twice. At this job x 10 years and 3 years in the late 90's. The Bush years were very hard on me. Because I'm in Michigan and Manufacturing. We're back baby!

P.S. I'm single with no kids. So based on what I make and my bills, I'm upper middle class. I max out my 401K and still save an additional $20K a year every year in the stock market.

Congrats boomer. I bet you have a pension too. Something else you tell us we can't have but you got. Dick.
The Epitaph of the American Economy: "TO GET A GOOD JOB, GET A GOOD EDUCATION"

Notice that the slogan doesn't say, "To Do a Good Job."

Strutting All Over People

You brag about how much money you make slavishly bootlicking the plutocratic parasites. You say nothing about whether you're worth what you make and make no attempt to prove that you do.

In Gorky Park, the main character's ex-wife bragged about how great she had it being a Communist Party member. She had the same attitude about the public that you Yuppy bootlickers have. It's all about mini-me.
Huh? I think just the other day I told you I made one sale for $200K and my companies profit on the sale was $95K. That's about as much as I make in a year. One sale justifies what they pay me.

Take out that one sale. Normally I sell $2 million a year and we make around $800K in profits. Let's say I make $100K. Am I worth it?

NOW add that $200K sale I just made. Now I made them $900K this year. The commission on the sale isn't that big because I make a nice salary.

I'm sorry but I'm living the Republican dream. No union. Most of the people in my company would be PISSED if they knew what I make. They already are but I tell them I make just as much as they do. Just half my pay is commission. Then I ask them if they'd like the same deal. Pay them half what they make now and set them up on a commission structure. Suddenly they aren't interested. Of course I'm lying. They probably make $40-$65K I make OVER $85K.

The Epitaph of the American Economy: "TO GET A GOOD JOB, GET A GOOD EDUCATION"

Notice that the slogan doesn't say, "To Do a Good Job."
You got to keep a good job too not just get it. Getting it is just the first step. Showing them you are worth it is step 2.

Funny, Republicans today say don't get a good education. But every successful person I know is sending their kids to college. Because they can afford it. Only one of allllll my nephews friends is going to be a plumber. And he will very quickly own his own company. If his dad doesn't already own a plumbing company.

It's interesting my brother worked in the Auto union world for 25 years and he never could understood why I couldn't keep a job for longer than 5 years. Now he works outside of the auto union world. At another fortune 500 company. And now he sees why at non union companies, no one lasts more than 5 years. The company chews everyone up and spits them out.

Resigning and getting a new job is indeed a way to get a good raise nowadays. But as you note, some people like their jobs and the people they work with. They'd rather be part of “the great stay-cation” than the great resignation — if they can get the raise they want.

It’s common knowledge that the way to get big pay increases is to change jobs. But is that really your only option?

The answer depends on how your company handles raises and promotions. Some companies are very rigid when it comes to pay increases—merit increases are almost always in a well-defined range, and promotions come with predetermined raise amounts depending on how many pay grades you advance. Other companies are much more fluid and have fewer restrictions in place when it comes to employee pay.

So it’s possible you’ll need to change jobs to get a big raise, but it’s also possible you can get a pretty big raise by staying put and playing your cards right.

First, let’s set a baseline for raise sizing:

• Small raise: 1%
  • Normal raise: 2-3%
  • Good raise: 4-7%
  • Big raise: 8%+

Feminist scholar and anti-racism educator Peggy McIntosh famously described white privilege as an “invisible weightless knapsack of special provisions, maps, passports, codebooks, visas, clothes, tools and blank checks.”

"In other words, white people typically move through life unaware of all the head starts, resources and access the color of their skin affords them. They don’t recognize these unearned advantages until they’re pointed out — and even then, some white people will try to deny the existence of their privilege."

I wish someone had told me this sooner. I wouldn't have had to struggle so hard in life. :( Those "unearned advantages" were provide by previous generations of hard-working, visionary white folks.
Do not try equating what you have gone through with somebody black. Those generations of hard working visionary whites excluded all who were not white.

Like any benefit you've received from affirmative action? How about race-based covid shots and business assistance. Strange white people don't receive those. Quit whining and get off of your lazy ass and make your life better. You have the power--you'll never help yourself as long as you sit on an internet message board and whine.
Do not be white whining about race based advantages.

According to the study, “Black Reparations for Twentieth Century Federal Housing Discrimination: the Construction of White Wealth and the Effects of Denied Black homeownership” written by Jane Kim,” Federal housing policies that excluded blacks from funding provided the equivalent of 1.239 quintillion dollars to create white wealth in the 20th century.

"Delving into the U.S. government’s twentieth century federal housing practices, this paper discusses how the government effectively barred black-Americans from obtaining quality housing and from investing in housing as wealth, while simultaneously subsidizing and endorsing white homeownership, white suburbs, and white wealth.

Understanding the U.S. government’s discriminatory housing practices, Part II discusses and quantifies the effects of the government’s housing discrimination on black-American households and communities. Finding that approximately 120 billion 1950s dollars12—or more than 1.239 quintillion 2019 dollars13—were invested to subsidize and create white-American wealth through homeownership..."

Do not try equating what you have gone through with somebody black. Those generations of hard working visionary whites excluded all who were not white.
What we are seeing is now that poor whites are being paid just as much as poor blacks, uneducated whites are freaking out. They’ve lost that white privilege. And we see a spike today in drug ods, alcohol, suicide, fentynol , heroine, murder coming from one demographic. Uneducated whites. And not just the men. The women too.

What we are seeing is now that poor whites are being paid just as much as poor blacks, uneducated whites are freaking out. They’ve lost that white privilege. And we see a spike today in drug ods, alcohol, suicide, fentynol , heroine, murder coming from one demographic. Uneducated whites. And not just the men. The women too.
That kinda blows the 'white privilege' thing out of the water, doesn't it? Also, very few poor blacks were jumping out of windows in 1929. Most of the nation was poor as a church mouse during the Great Depression.

That kinda blows the 'white privilege' thing out of the water, doesn't it? Also, very few poor blacks were jumping out of windows in 1929. Most of the nation was poor as a church mouse during the Great Depression.
There is still a lot of white privilege out there just less now that good paying union jobs went overseas or when affirmative action leveled the playing field.

Walmart ain’t paying whites much more than they do blacks I bet. More but not much. And who gets promoted? Still for what a couple bucks more? And whites can’t handle it. Economic despair among uneducated whites is up.

Trump doesn’t help riling them up and blaming the wrong people. He’s a con

There is still a lot of white privilege out there just less now that good paying union jobs went overseas or when affirmative action leveled the playing field.

Walmart ain’t paying whites much more than they do blacks I bet. More but not much. And who gets promoted? Still for what a couple bucks more? And whites can’t handle it. Economic despair among uneducated whites is up.

Trump doesn’t help riling them up and blaming the wrong people. He’s a con
The biggest problem is overpopulation. We just don't need this many people in the work force. Wherever workers are scarce wages go up.

The biggest problem is overpopulation. We just don't need this many people in the work force. Wherever workers are scarce wages go up.
I agree. And so we need to gradually wind down not a crash. Automation is coming. So middle class and rich people are having fewer kids. Even poor Americans are wising up. Republicans solution is to ban abortion. I love it that we’re having fewer kids. But to fund the government and keep the economy going, corporate America needs workers. So why not import them? I’m not anti immigration at all. Until we are firing on all cylinders then slow down the number we take in.

I agree. And so we need to gradually wind down not a crash. Automation is coming. So middle class and rich people are having fewer kids. Even poor Americans are wising up. Republicans solution is to ban abortion. I love it that we’re having fewer kids. But to fund the government and keep the economy going, corporate America needs workers. So why not import them? I’m not anti immigration at all. Until we are firing on all cylinders then slow down the number we take in.
I have no problem with foreign workers, as long as they are temporary, skilled, don't bring their families along, and remissions to their home countries are limited.

Walmart pays pretty good for entry level workers. If a few get together and share rent, they can easily save up for college or trade school. That's my "Plan A" for kids just out of high school who don't want to live at home anymore (or whose parents kick them out). "Plan A" would work for any who follow it as rent is a big expense. The military has benefits to help get a leg up on future education costs as well. No need to go deeply into debt.

The only drawback is actually a positive. Most kids want to enter college along with their class, right out of high school. The problem is that most are hardly mature enough for the rigor that awaits them. By working and saving for a few years they can enter college with more purpose and maturity thus enhancing their chances of successfully completing their degrees.

Last edited:
Walmart pays pretty good for entry level workers. If a few get together and share rent, they can easily save up for college or trade school. That's my "Plan A" for kids just out of high school who don't want to live at home anymore (or whose parents kick them out). "Plan A" would work for any who follow it as rent is a big expense. The military has benefits to help get a leg up on future education costs as well. No need to go deeply into debt.

The only drawback is actually a positive. Most kids want to enter college along with their class, right out of high school. The problem is that most are hardly mature enough for the rigor that awaits them. By working and saving for a few years they can enter college with more purpose and maturity thus enhancing their chances of successfully completing their degrees.
That’s what I would say to the black community if I were a black conservative. You are not stuck in generational poverty. Your neighborhood migh be but you aren’t stuck there.

If you have a kid you tie yourself down. Get out first.

That’s what I would say to the black community if I were a black conservative. You are not stuck in generational poverty. Your neighborhood migh be but you aren’t stuck there.

If you have a kid you tie yourself down. Get out first.
Too many black boys need to prove their manhood by getting some girl pregnant. "I ain't shootin' blanks, man."

Feminist scholar and anti-racism educator Peggy McIntosh famously described white privilege as an “invisible weightless knapsack of special provisions, maps, passports, codebooks, visas, clothes, tools and blank checks.”

"In other words, white people typically move through life unaware of all the head starts, resources and access the color of their skin affords them. They don’t recognize these unearned advantages until they’re pointed out — and even then, some white people will try to deny the existence of their privilege."

I wish someone had told me this sooner. I wouldn't have had to struggle so hard in life. :( Those "unearned advantages" were provide by previous generations of hard-working, visionary white folks.
Well not all Democrats agree with such statements. I know many Whites who struggled. Many who are homeless, bankrupt, live out of trailer parks, some who are mentally retarded or slow and really struggle in life.

I am a mix of White and Native American and so is my wife. I have really struggled most of my life. I have a Masters degree yet have only been able to secure low wage jobs that don't pay that well. My wife and I have no real house of our own to go to. We live with family members and their spouses/ children all in one house. It is an old house house with mold, spiders, lack of working heat, bugs, failing ceiling, old uncomfortable furniture. We are happy to call it home. My wife and I both drive junky cars we bought. Mine for $1500 an hers was $800. Mine is 20+ years old hers close 40. Both my wife and I are in massive debt and will have to declare bankruptcy soon, my wife has already declared bankruptcy twice in her life. My wife and her family grew up in trailer parks. My wife lived homeless for a while living out of her car. There was a white man who was homeless in our area for years always begging for money, he appeared mentally retarded and slow. He passed away this winter, I saw his body frozen to death from the winter from the highway. No shelter to go to, the homeless man froze to death and died. His body was on a grassy curb next to the highway.

Last edited:

Peggy, as many reviewers noted, is ---what's the polite word? clueless

No need to plead guilty​

The fashionable doctrine of ‘white privilege’ is fatally undermined by the facts

Forum List

Back