White privilege

That sounds exactly like what I have been talking about. Let's make an excuse for why they can blame someone else for their failure to adapt, improvise and overcome. You do realize that the only ones holding them back are themselves, right?
I don't think being ignored by the group that has benefitted from their disadvantages helps things. I'm not advocating that we need to really do much at all. I think we've done a good job making the playing field fair, however empathy and understanding of the situation is going to help things much more than the denial and debate like we are engaged in. With the right kind of campaign and mindset it is possible to take the excuses and turn the situation into a motivating force
How exactly have I benefited? And how have people of color been disadvantaged? It seems to me that people of color want to immigrate here because they have better opportunities here than where they are from. Do you judge the worth of people by the color of their skin or the quality of their character?
Have you not listened to a word i've said. I"m not going to keep repeating myself. This isn't about the "individual" it is a socioeconomic condition that has resulted from a long history of oppression. It effects many and it doesn't effect many. You try to insult me for using simple analogies yet you still fail to understand my message. I don't care if you agree or not, but from your responses you display an utter lack of understanding.

I'll try one more time to give as simple of an example as I can. What percentage of white people do you think are third generation doctors, lawyers, business owners or inheritors of wealth? What percentage of black people? The answer should be obvious. If you really don't think that a family's history/economic position has an effect education, opportunity, social development, etc. on the socioeconomic condition of blacks vs. whites then you need to learn more about sociology.

African americans blame whitey yet all other ethnic groups have higher socio-economic status, why only blame whitey?
Because whites brought them over here as slaves, then treated them literally as third class citizens for generations where they lacked education, financial opportunity, and basic human rights. Cause and effect. It's not a surprise that one geration after we've passed the civil rights act is still trying to dig out of the hole that yes "whitey" put them in

"It's not a surprise that one geration after we've passed the civil rights act is still trying to dig out of the hole that yes "whitey" put them in."

It is almost three generations, you dunce.

In truth, brain-dead drones like you wouldn't care if it were three millennia, not until your masters sent the memo that the meme is no longer valid.

BTW.....it isn't....yet your remain 'a reliable Democrat voter,' and the butt of numerous jokes....

...like this, from Coulter:
'Thrilled with their role as ‘white friend-of-the-blacks,’ many found that they could actually make a living at it! The part requires sneering at nonexistent racists, and memorizing one line: “Goddam it, this may cost me my career but I’m going to speak up for racial equality and let the chips fall where they may!”

Don't ever change....comic relief is hard to find.

But the underlying question remains the same: Is racism - now called "white privilege" - a significant impediment to individual "Black" Americans in their "pursuit of happiness"?

And the answer is, "Not necessarily." As I mentioned in my post above, if a "Black" person truly wants to achieve success and is willing to pay a reasonable price, s/he has many avenues to that success, not the least of which is entrepreneurship - that neutralize the impact of racism. So to blame racism, or "white privilege" for one's lack of success, or - worse - to pre-emptively say that "My chances of achieving success are doomed by White Privilege," and just give up, is totally bogus and not justified by reality.
I agree with you. I think personal responsibility should be promoted. But let's not deny the existence of what history has provided for the various races in our country. Whites have had a much easier path to success than other groups

can you prove this last sentence?
I've explained my reasonings through pages of discussion already. I don't feel like repeating myself

It is with the greatest appreciation that I greet your decision not to bore all further.

. The mediocrity of your earlier posts on the subject would bring tears of boredom to the eyes of a perpetual shut-in...

...in fact of the matter, even reading the first time is a testament to both my tolerance.... and my desire for amusement.
Yet you continue to engage :cuckoo:

Not 'engage,' you dope....

....'mock.'

That sounds exactly like what I have been talking about. Let's make an excuse for why they can blame someone else for their failure to adapt, improvise and overcome. You do realize that the only ones holding them back are themselves, right?
I don't think being ignored by the group that has benefitted from their disadvantages helps things. I'm not advocating that we need to really do much at all. I think we've done a good job making the playing field fair, however empathy and understanding of the situation is going to help things much more than the denial and debate like we are engaged in. With the right kind of campaign and mindset it is possible to take the excuses and turn the situation into a motivating force
How exactly have I benefited? And how have people of color been disadvantaged? It seems to me that people of color want to immigrate here because they have better opportunities here than where they are from. Do you judge the worth of people by the color of their skin or the quality of their character?
Have you not listened to a word i've said. I"m not going to keep repeating myself. This isn't about the "individual" it is a socioeconomic condition that has resulted from a long history of oppression. It effects many and it doesn't effect many. You try to insult me for using simple analogies yet you still fail to understand my message. I don't care if you agree or not, but from your responses you display an utter lack of understanding.

I'll try one more time to give as simple of an example as I can. What percentage of white people do you think are third generation doctors, lawyers, business owners or inheritors of wealth? What percentage of black people? The answer should be obvious. If you really don't think that a family's history/economic position has an effect education, opportunity, social development, etc. on the socioeconomic condition of blacks vs. whites then you need to learn more about sociology.

African americans blame whitey yet all other ethnic groups have higher socio-economic status, why only blame whitey?
Because whites brought them over here as slaves, then treated them literally as third class citizens for generations where they lacked education, financial opportunity, and basic human rights. Cause and effect. It's not a surprise that one geration after we've passed the civil rights act is still trying to dig out of the hole that yes "whitey" put them in
You mean the Democrats put them in.

White privilege hasn't prevent me from accomplishing anything... The fact that you are asking that means you are completely missing the point. Try looking at this situation with open eyes and not defensive debate
I'm not being defensive. We live in a merit based society. Anyone can accomplish anything that they can earn. And no, the fact that I am asking you that question does not mean I have missed the point. I don't accept your point that people are not in control of their own destinies. You are missing my point. For you to believe that "white privilege" unfairly advantages some, must mean that you believe that it unfairly disadvantages others. That my friend is what we call an external locus of control. Life is what it is, to argue that there are circumstances beyond our control is a fatalistic attitude. While it is true that not everyone has the same starting point that does not mean that their lot will hold them back. There are plenty of rags to riches examples out there to prove that it is possible to succeed, even if your skin is not white or come from a family of wealth.
Agreed... i never said that people are not in control of their own destinies, I actually said the exact opposite of that. I'm simply explaining a reality which is true in our country. Acknowledgement of this reality goes a long way.
Which reality is that?
That the history of our nation in regards to the oppression of the black race has led to socioeconomic disadvantages that are still being felt today

here is some reality for you

blacks have on average lower IQ than any other ethnicity
higher rates of criminality
higher rates of single parent families

you can't make a decent standard of living for yourself and your offspring if you are in jail or dodging child support payments

you can't blame white privilege for any of that

"blacks have on average lower IQ than any other ethnicity"

This is a mistake and a misunderstanding, squeezy.

Said 'IQ" is being viewed though the restrictions that Liberal's have placed on half of the black population.

Here's the proof:

Another feature to consider in the heredity vs. environment controversy: females are several times as numerous as males among blacks with high IQs. Witty and Jenkins, "Educational Achievement of a Group of Gifted Negro Children," Journal of Educational Psychology, vol. 25, p. 593.

They inherit the same genes, are raised in the same homes and neighborhoods......explanations rest on the culture, the excessively 'macho' roles of males associated with and emphasizing certain sociopathologies.

It is the fault of the imbecile with whom you were interacting that results in the poor performance of black males.

I'm not being defensive. We live in a merit based society. Anyone can accomplish anything that they can earn. And no, the fact that I am asking you that question does not mean I have missed the point. I don't accept your point that people are not in control of their own destinies. You are missing my point. For you to believe that "white privilege" unfairly advantages some, must mean that you believe that it unfairly disadvantages others. That my friend is what we call an external locus of control. Life is what it is, to argue that there are circumstances beyond our control is a fatalistic attitude. While it is true that not everyone has the same starting point that does not mean that their lot will hold them back. There are plenty of rags to riches examples out there to prove that it is possible to succeed, even if your skin is not white or come from a family of wealth.
Agreed... i never said that people are not in control of their own destinies, I actually said the exact opposite of that. I'm simply explaining a reality which is true in our country. Acknowledgement of this reality goes a long way.
Which reality is that?
That the history of our nation in regards to the oppression of the black race has led to socioeconomic disadvantages that are still being felt today

you can't make a decent standard of living for yourself and your offspring if you are in jail or dodging child support payments

Said 'IQ" is being viewed though the restrictions that Liberal's have placed on half of the black population.

Here's the proof:

Another feature to consider in the heredity vs. environment controversy: females are several times as numerous as males among blacks with high IQs. Witty and Jenkins, "Educational Achievement of a Group of Gifted Negro Children," Journal of Educational Psychology, vol. 25, p. 593.

They inherit the same genes, are raised in the same homes and neighborhoods......explanations rest on the culture, the excessively 'macho' roles of males associated with and emphasizing certain sociopathologies.

It is the fault of the imbecile with whom you were interacting that results in the poor performance of black males.
You can't fix the family. They have to fix the family. I don't understand all the fuss over white priviledge anyway. It doesn't change reality. It doesn't do anything to fix it. It is just a waste of resource. And what is driving it anyway? White guilt? Money? And lastly, why do they keep ignoring the real problem? They screwed up their families. They can either keep doing the same damn thing and get the same damn results or they can change what they are doing. It's not that complicated, right?

Sure, whatever floats your boat

Which reality is that?

Here's the proof:

You can't fix the family. They have to fix the family. I don't understand all the fuss over white priviledge anyway. It doesn't change reality. It doesn't do anything to fix it. It is just a waste of resource. And what is driving it anyway? White guilt? Money? And lastly, why do they keep ignoring the real problem? They screwed up their families. They can either keep doing the same damn thing and get the same damn results or they can change what they are doing. It's not that complicated, right?
You can say "they" I like to say "we"

Which reality is that?

Here's the proof:

Which reality is that?

Here's the proof:

"You can't fix the family."

Why would you conclude that I was suggesting that????

I'm simply pointing out that years of Liberal indoctrination have convinced blacks that neither is any inequity is not their false, nor is any action on their part to better their situation, under their control.

There is lots of evidence to substantiate my perspective.

And...as I showed earlier, the most successful racial group is not white.

1. "It was the misfortune of black Americans that they were just on the verge of passing through the immigrant experience when damaging ideas about welfare and the lenient attitude about crime took hold. It could have happened to the Italians, Germans, Jews or Irish, but luckily for them, there were no Liberals around to “help” when they arrived." Coulter, "Mugged," chapter seven
  2. The legal community, largely if not entirely, Liberal/Progressive, played a major role in wreaking havoc in the black community. Starting in the sixties, ordinary people, black and white, watched in stupefaction as liberal social reformers came in and jettisoned thousands of years of human knowledge to rewrite criminal laws and government welfare policies. Liberals living in monochromatically white suburbs or doorman buildings in the city said “Let’s try these new ideas that sound really cool, like school busing and deemphasizing prison!”

Which reality is that?

Here's the proof:

Which reality is that?

Here's the proof:

"You can't fix the family."

Why would you conclude that I was suggesting that????

I'm simply pointing out that years of Liberal indoctrination have convinced blacks that neither is any inequity is not their false, nor is any action on their part to better their situation, under their control.

There is lots of evidence to substantiate my perspective.

And...as I showed earlier, the most successful racial group is not white.
I wasn't. I was chiming in. The only one who can fix the black community is the black community. Making excuses and blaming others won't solve the problem.

Whatever floats my boat? You mean like history? Or facts? Yes, history and facts do float my boat. She sails quite nicely too.

History and facts are inconvenient for some folks. I love them.

1. we whites did not bring them here as slaves. That was 150 years ago. No one living for 4 generations was a slave or a slave owner.
2. most everyone was poor during the great depression, so that "generations" thing is another false narrative. This country had no real affluence until the 1950s and it only started then.
3. most people in this country were born after 1964, that argument about the civil rights act being the starting point proves my point.
4. there is a definite achievement gap. Higher level of education usually equals higher Socio-economic status. considering that there has been free college, efforts to close the achievement gap, quota for black admissions etc
5. the SES gap is not white privilege it is white attainment.
RE: Asian attainment

it's just so much easier to blame whitey than acknowledge the troof

Whatever floats my boat? You mean like history? Or facts? Yes, history and facts do float my boat. She sails quite nicely too.

So what is factually inaccurate about what I've been saying?

you have been assuming that the Africans sent over the best and brightest into slavery.
the most brutish is the answer

you have been assuming that the Africans sent over the best and brightest into slavery.
I wasn't assuming anything of the sort. And I don't see its relevance

relevance

IQ/ genetics

relevance

IQ/ genetics
Ok so just to be straight, your theory is that black Americans are genetically dumber than whites and that is why they are struggling. Basically you are a white supremisist. Did I get that right?

relevance

IQ/ genetics
Ok so just to be straight, your theory is that black Americans are genetically dumber than whites and that is why they are struggling. Basically you are a white supremisist. Did I get that right?
Do you believe intelligence is fixed? I don't. I believe the brain is like a muscle; the more you use it the stronger it gets. So removing race from the equation, if there is a group of people who consistently under perform in society relative to other groups, wouldn't it make sense that they do not have the intelligence of other groups? Let me ask it this way, how stupid would you have to be to keep doing the same things and not expect your results to change? Wouldn't your intelligence dictate that you would need to do something different? Or would you keep doing the exact same things? Certainly intelligence does enter the picture when it comes to people doing stupid things, right?

relevance

IQ/ genetics
Do you believe intelligence is fixed? I don't. I believe the brain is like a muscle; the more you use it the stronger it gets. So removing race from the equation, if there is a group of people who consistently under perform in society relative to other groups, wouldn't it make sense that they do not have the intelligence of other groups? Let me ask it this way, how stupid would you have to be to keep doing the same things and not expect your results to change? Wouldn't your intelligence dictate that you would need to do something different? Or would you keep doing the exact same things? Certainly intelligence does enter the picture when it comes to people doing stupid things, right?
Yes of course, I think we need to better specialized education across the board as everybody learns differently... notice that we are flip flopping positions? Before you didn't want to recognize disparaging circumstances due to oppression because everybody is unique and has the opportunity for success. Now with the IQ question you are trying to generalize an entire race based on low IQ

relevance

IQ/ genetics
Yes of course, I think we need to better specialized education across the board as everybody learns differently... notice that we are flip flopping positions? Before you didn't want to recognize disparaging circumstances due to oppression because everybody is unique and has the opportunity for success. Now with the IQ question you are trying to generalize an entire race based on low IQ
You are misstating my position, brother. I do not want to base legislation on past injustices for people today. Why? Because it makes no sense, has not shown to work, eliminates accountability, transfers control to external sources, leads to fatalism, destroys the spirit of man and does not ennoble the spirit of man.

I have not flip flopped positions in the slightest. This has always been my argument and will always be my argument.

Everyone does have an equal opportunity for success. Not everyone will achieve the same success. There are no guarantees. The problem is that people do not accept that not all behaviors lead to equal outcomes.

I am not trying to generalize an entire race based upon their intelligence. I am explaining to you that on an individual basis, people who are intelligent will not continue to practice the same failed behaviors. Other than they tend to do what they see, there is no good explanation for the why they keep doing the same stupid things.

Forum List

Back