White Privilege

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
12821352_961456723961188_6881958425513902581_n.jpg

Yep. That's the truth.

So true. There have been dozens of times I thought I was treated unfairly, lost my job, and had a rough go of life. Never once thought "I should blame society, and ruin other people's lives!". Never crossed my mind. Can't imagine why....

The privilege to whine like a jet engine and have nothing out of the ordinary thought of it.

White people built this country. To then turn around and say that we have white privilege is total bullshit. We worked for what we have.

White people built this country. To then turn around and say that we have white privilege is total bullshit. We worked for what we have.
The country's economic base was built on the back of cotton, for which the workers received no recompense. They worked for what you have, you whine about it.

The Cotton Economy in the South

Exports. The Southern economy was not undynamic or unproductive, though. During the period before the Civil War, Southern staples made up three-fifths of total American exports, and cotton was by far the country’s largest export. Southern plantations and farms supplied three-fourths of the world cotton crop—the mainstay of textile manufacturing in both Great Britain (the world’s leading economic superpower) and the United States.

Southern planters saw themselves, and accurately so, as a key component in the Industrial Revolution and a critical part of an international economic system. As one planter bragged in 1853, “Our Cotton is the most wonderful talisman in the world. By its power we are transmuting whatever we choose into whatever we want.”

James Hammond, speaking in the U.S. Senate five years later, was even more trenchant: “The slaveholding South is now the controlling power of the world. Cotton, rice, tobacco, and naval stores command the world.... No -power on earth dares . . . to make war on cotton. Cotton is king.”

Last edited:
The country's economic base was built on the back of cotton, for which the workers received no recompense. They worked for what you have, you whine about it.

Exports. The Southern economy was not undynamic or unproductive, though. During the period before the Civil War, Southern staples made up three-fifths of total American exports, and cotton was by far the country’s largest export. Southern plantations and farms supplied three-fourths of the world cotton crop—the mainstay of textile manufacturing in both Great Britain (the world’s leading economic superpower) and the United States.

Southern planters saw themselves, and accurately so, as a key component in the Industrial Revolution and a critical part of an international economic system. As one planter bragged in 1853, “Our Cotton is the most wonderful talisman in the world. By its power we are transmuting whatever we choose into whatever we want.”

James Hammond, speaking in the U.S. Senate five years later, was even more trenchant: “The slaveholding South is now the controlling power of the world. Cotton, rice, tobacco, and naval stores command the world.... No -power on earth dares . . . to make war on cotton. Cotton is king.”
Ya, like there was absolutely nothing before cotton. Stop pretending that you have a clue.

Ya, like there was absolutely nothing before cotton. Stop pretending that you have a clue.
You've seen the figure for the contribution of cotton to the economy pre civil war. By the way, what was before cotton? Tobacco, indigo, other plantation grown export crops?

If you have better information put it up, show us what sort of a clue you have. Or continue whining like a jet engine.

Lets say that people who believe the white man to be evil are right. They all seem to agree that the white man is at the top of the pile. If true, why didn't the white man stay there? I mean, they could have. We could still have slaves and women could still be second class citizens.

Mark

You've seen the figure for the contribution of cotton to the economy pre civil war. By the way, what was before cotton? Tobacco, indigo, other plantation grown export crops?

If you have better information put it up, show us what sort of a clue you have. Or continue whining like a jet engine.
You're just pissed because white people built this country and black people fucked up Africa really badly.

this is the truth

johnson-po-white.jpg

And it is the truth... for the left. The left wing has been doing that for ages. They convince each other that they are morally superior to everyone. That they alone have the moral high ground. That they stand for the poor, stand for the oppressed, and stand for the common man.

And then when they are in power, the screw over the poor, the oppressed, and the common man, more than any other group in the entire country.

Just look at the blacks today, after decades and decades of left-wing policies and practices. Just look at the poor impoverished, living off welfare and food stamps, with no self respect, and no hope for a future.

While claiming to tax the rich, they tax the poor. Who pays taxes on gasoline? The poor. Who pays the higher prices for 'green energy' that make the wealthy super rich? The poor. Who pays for Social Security, and Medicare? The poor. The oppressed.

Every time the left starts to tout it's brilliant new police to tax the rich, and regulate the rich, and help the minorities... just get ready for the poor and impoverished, and oppressed to be screwed over again.

You people on the left, if I went back into the personal history of your father, or his father, at some point I promise you, I'll find something they did wrong, that they benefited from, and that thus benefited you.

Can we then assume that everything in your life, is based on an injustice, and that someone can claim you should pay them... FOREVER.... until you die... because of some injustice your ancestors did?

If you told us your linage, I promise I could find out. Would you want to be held to the standard that you are promoting here?

This is yet another left-wing argument that would fall apart if the people pushing it, were held to their own standard. If a bunch of guys rushed into your home, and told you they were taking your stuff because your great great great grand parents owned slaves.... you wouldn't as open to this concept as you are here, when you think it's someone else that will foot the bill.

You're just pissed because white people built this country and black people fucked up Africa really badly.
Hey, it's your country, I'm just laughing at your revisionist view of history, it's like it came out of Texas Board of Education text books.

Oops. I guess basically it did.

But anyway, you still haven't responded with any data that refutes my contention the US economy, especially manufacturing, was built on the back of the cotton industry, therefore built on the back of the unpaid work done by blacks.

You people on the left, if I went back into the personal history of your father, or his father, at some point I promise you, I'll find something they did wrong, that they benefited from, and that thus benefited you.
So I take it you're agreeing the US economy, from which you've benefited, was built on the back of unpaid black labour.

Further, you're asserting that because blacks received no recompense nor stake in the economy for their work those who did receive such benefits are not more privileged.

I guess having control of all the money and assets was a disadvantage. My heart bleeds.

Hey, it's your country, I'm just laughing at your revisionist view of history, it's like it came out of Texas Board of Education text books.

Oops. I guess basically it did.

But anyway, you still haven't responded with any data that refutes my contention the US economy, especially manufacturing, was built on the back of the cotton industry, therefore built on the back of the unpaid work done by blacks.
Like I said, even if what you say is true, we did blacks a favour by bringing them here, if not all their descendants would still be in that hellhole Africa. They help us, we help them.

Forum List

Back