White House turns to making threats as Obamacare enrollments stall

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
Now that Obamacare is in full swing, the leftist fanatics are crowing that more people are insured than before.

But that seems to depend on what the definition of "insured", is... to paraphrase another leftist liar.

People who are "insured" under Obamacare, are frequently skipping doctor-recommended procedures they used to accept... because they can't afford the huge deductibles they have to pay every year before Obamacare's "benefits" finally kick in.

I especially like they way the leftists keep claiming that with the subsidies in Obamacare, your costs are actually low.

That may be true... because while you don't pay all the costs, that guy who lives down the street and has three jobs, is paying the full costs of his own Obamacare policy... plus a generous amount of yours.

Oh, you're the one with three jobs? And you haven't seen your family for a month? You're the one paying full (high) Obamacare costs... plus most of your neighbor's costs. But don't expect your neighbor to stop by any time soon to say "Thank you". He thinks he's entitled to your money to pay his costs.

And why shouldn't he think he was entitled? The President of the United States told him he was. Would the President say something that wasn't so?

A pop quiz:

Q. What's the difference between a mugger and the President of the United States?
A. The mugger doesn't believe he's "entitled" to your money, and doesn't pretend he's benefitting you by taking it.

But both of them will take it from you anyway, whether you like it or not. And neither of them asked for your permission before doing it. And if you resist either one of them, both will use force against you.

------------------------------------------------

White House Turns to Threats as ObamaCare Enrollments Stall - Breitbart

White House Turns to Threats as ObamaCare Enrollments Stall

by John Nolte
19 Oct 2015

Now that ObamaCare is failing in the exact way its critics predicted more than 5 years ago, the White House is preparing to use threats to increase ObamaCare enrollment numbers next year. The threat, of course, is the ObamaCare tax.

Next year the annual fine for not buying President Obama’s overpriced health insurance will jump to $695 or 2.5% of your income, whichever is greater. The White House intends to use the hefty fines as leverage in the upcoming 2016 enrollment period, which starts in November:

-------------------------------
Administration officials are looking for a balance.

“We need to be make sure that we are very clear and explicit about that $695 penalty so people understand the choice they are making,” said spokeswoman Lori Lodes. But she said the main emphasis will stay on the benefits of having health insurance and how the law’s subsidies can dramatically lower the cost of monthly premiums.

-------------------------------

It is no secret as to why no one is buying ObamaCare — ObamaCare sucks.

Already, a third of the co-ops have shut down, further undermining enrollee options; the cost of premiums are skyrocketing, primarily because only the sick are signing up, and you’re paying for a ton of Cadillac services you will never use: Men are paying for maternity care. We are all forced to pay for drug rehab. Worst of all, the deductibles are sky high — in the thousands. The result is that a guy like me looking for single-person coverage ends up paying three hundred dollars-plus a month for a plan that offers no real benefits.

With that deductible, I pay for all of my medical coverage on top of obscenely-priced monthly premiums.

Before ObamaCare made them illegal, my catastrophic plan perfectly fit the bill. High deductible, low monthly premium, but if something terrible happened I was covered.

ObamaCare is a massive rip-off, a lousy product that gets lousier and more expensive every year, and most of the 40 million or so among the uninsured do not want it.

So far only 9.1 million people have enrolled in ObamaCare. The Department of Health and Human services is predicting that only 1 million more will enroll up next year. That is well below — more than 50% below — the Congressional Budget Office predictions that claimed there would be upwards of 21 million enrollees by the end of 2016.

The DC media called Obama’s critics racist for claiming ObamaCare would…

…result in millions losing their insurance and doctors.

…increase the deficit.

…premiums would skyrocket.

….insurance companies would go out of business.

…most of the uninsured were uninsured by choice and not looking for ObamaCare.

…the government would threaten people who didn’t sign up.

All of that has come true.

It is only going to get worse.

And now we have reached the threat level — which is undoubtedly the part the White House and Left most looked forward to.

Affordable Care Act.

“Affordable”

Lol.

As I've said.

The only winners in the ACA are those the rest of us subsidize. The rest of us will be paying for out benefits, plus theirs.

That POS should never have been passed and we have the Dems to thank for another entitlement that we taxpayers are getting hosed to pay for.

People who are "insured" under Obamacare, are frequently skipping doctor-recommended procedures they used to accept... because they can't afford the huge deductibles they have to pay every year before Obamacare's "benefits" finally kick in.
Looks like none of the liberals want to address the reality of how Obamacare is actually working.

Obamacare reduces the deficit, through its medicare savings.

you are not paying a dime more in taxes for it.

most people who were unable to get health insurance are happy with it.

I can understand why someone who only had catastrophic insurance is unhappy with full coverage.

Deductibles are high for some people, because they chose the high deductible instead of a lower deductible plan....they made this choice.

I would never do that...even at my husband's work where we have 3 choices on our deductibles, at our age, we do not choose the plan with the highest deductibles....we pay the higher premium upfront.

For the last 100 years, if you get your insurance through your employer, it has been subsidized by the US Federal government, through the tax write off they enacted at the bequest of employers, for their portion of what they paid in insurance costs for their employees....

those that did not have insurance and worked, were actually subsidizing YOUR employer benefit, while they went with no insurance at all.

I can understand why someone who only had catastrophic insurance is unhappy with full coverage.

Deductibles are high for some people, because they chose the high deductible instead of a lower deductible plan....they made this choice.

I would never do that...even at my husband's work where we have 3 choices on our deductibles, at our age, we do not choose the plan with the highest deductibles....we pay the higher premium upfront.

For the last 100 years, if you get your insurance through your employer, it has been subsidized by the US Federal government, through the tax write off they enacted at the bequest of employers, for their portion of what they paid in insurance costs for their employees....

those that did not have insurance and worked, were actually subsidizing YOUR employer benefit, while they went with no insurance at all.
Obamacare reduces the deficit through massive taxes.

Something that Bernie Sanders wants to remedy by proposing trillions in new entitlements.

Something that Bernie Sanders wants to remedy by proposing trillions in new entitlements.
Ah, yes, the penalty tax for those people not buying insurance....yes, this does pay for a good portion, but the medicare changes in the bill and the deficit reduction from that alone, is big as well.

White House turns to making threats as Obamacare enrollments stall
Good! It's about time.

Now maybe the President can strengthen the economy by putting people to work in the FEMA camps we have set up, and conscript loyal left wing Americans into the Armed Forces in a hostile coup attempt.

It's not perfect, but it's a great start

:dance:

Ah, yes, the penalty tax for those people not buying insurance....yes, this does pay for a good portion, but the medicare changes in the bill and the deficit reduction from that alone, is big as well.
Medicare changes,.......like the fact that medicare doesn't pay for squat anymore.

Way to fuck old people.

Democrats have been screaming for years that the GOP wants to take away old people's Medicare, and Obamacare does it for them.

The penalty in the law is a conservative idea called a 'shared responsibility payment' :lol:

the high deductibles is a Republican plan, putting more ownership in the hands of the people....

This supposedly would let the ''market'' work, and the resistance from the customers to higher prices would bring the prices down....and through the customers seeking out the place that has the best price for the treatment they needed....would cause other health care places to lower their own prices...

Time will tell if this actually works.....so far, I don't think it has.

Like I said, if Obamacare was an opt in or out thing, way less problems if it was a choice.
Again, I know I have no "right" to health care, but I have an right to earn health care... Big difference.

Where are the 93 million Americans who were supposed to lose their employer-sponsored health insurance you all promised us would happen by the end of 2014 2015?

I thought Republicans kept their promises...

Tic toc! Time's a-wasting!

Where are the 93 million Americans who were supposed to lose their employer-sponsored health insurance you all promised us would happen by the end of 2014 2015?

good one

:clap2:

The problem is most Republicans are progressives...

good one

:clap2:

What about the millions who don't want "health care" forced on them??

67% of group plan holders..according to the national registry ..supposed to be next year sometime.....unless they extended implimentation again.

The problem is most Republicans are progressives...
Yeah...

Sure....

Uh-huh. ...

Forum List

Back