White House turns to making threats as Obamacare enrollments stall

It has been that way for decades. The cost of insurance has been outpacing inflation for a very long time, and more and more people have been unable to afford insurance. This is not an ObamaCare thing.

During the entire time this has been going on, Republicans never did a thing about that. They completely abdicated on the issue.

ObamaCare has slowed down the rate of increase. This is not what was implied during the lead-up to its passage. The Left implied that health care costs would start to decrease.

A pox on both their houses.
Not that I'm really a fan of Obamacare, but did the dems actually say costs would decline? I don't recall that, but I could be wrong.

Semantics, some did and some said that we'd save 2500 a year on premiums. Others said we'd be able to keep our doctor while others laughed at how gullible the american people were when O promised unicorns and then delivered a turd bouquet.
Well, if they said "you won't pay as much for your private insurance in 2015 with Obamacare as you would pay without it" .... they'd have been correct. Not that I'm a great Obamacare fan, but the hysterical cries on the right were overblown.

Every major carrier that I've spoke to has quoted increased premiums due to healthcare policy changes. I never saw any decreases in premiums for my employees.
Again, if they said you increase is less with Obamacare than without, they did not lie

Admittedly, I wasn't dumb enough to believe that employee premiums would be 2500 a year cheaper but that is the lizard oil that the admin trotted out.

As I've said.

The only winners in the ACA are those the rest of us subsidize. The rest of us will be paying for out benefits, plus theirs.

That POS should never have been passed and we have the Dems to thank for another entitlement that we taxpayers are getting hosed to pay for.

The problem here is that you're ignoring the fact that we were already subsidizing those "winners" before the ACA. Prior to the ACA, the uninsured could simply walk into an ER, get treated, and then never pay. Healthcare providers then raise their costs for paying customers in order to recoup losses from non-paying customers. Either way, we're paying for those who cannot afford to pay. The only thing we should ask ourselves is would we rather pay for someone to go to the ER or to a regularly scheduled visit to the doctors office. I think the answer there is fairly obvious.

Not that I'm really a fan of Obamacare, but did the dems actually say costs would decline? I don't recall that, but I could be wrong.

Semantics, some did and some said that we'd save 2500 a year on premiums. Others said we'd be able to keep our doctor while others laughed at how gullible the american people were when O promised unicorns and then delivered a turd bouquet.
Well, if they said "you won't pay as much for your private insurance in 2015 with Obamacare as you would pay without it" .... they'd have been correct. Not that I'm a great Obamacare fan, but the hysterical cries on the right were overblown.

Every major carrier that I've spoke to has quoted increased premiums due to healthcare policy changes. I never saw any decreases in premiums for my employees.
Again, if they said you increase is less with Obamacare than without, they did not lie

Admittedly, I wasn't dumb enough to believe that employee premiums would be 2500 a year cheaper but that is the lizard oil that the admin trotted out.
Oh bulloney, you never believed such.... if you had, you would have supported it from the beginning!!! All of you on the right would have, if you believed it. I wasn't in to listening to Obama back then so I never heard him say it....I was a Hillary fan so I followed what she said, and did not pay attention to his campaign.

Now that Obamacare is in full swing, the leftist fanatics are crowing that more people are insured than before.

But that seems to depend on what the definition of "insured", is... to paraphrase another leftist liar.

People who are "insured" under Obamacare, are frequently skipping doctor-recommended procedures they used to accept... because they can't afford the huge deductibles they have to pay every year before Obamacare's "benefits" finally kick in.

I especially like they way the leftists keep claiming that with the subsidies in Obamacare, your costs are actually low.

That may be true... because while you don't pay all the costs, that guy who lives down the street and has three jobs, is paying the full costs of his own Obamacare policy... plus a generous amount of yours.

Oh, you're the one with three jobs? And you haven't seen your family for a month? You're the one paying full (high) Obamacare costs... plus most of your neighbor's costs. But don't expect your neighbor to stop by any time soon to say "Thank you". He thinks he's entitled to your money to pay his costs.

And why shouldn't he think he was entitled? The President of the United States told him he was. Would the President say something that wasn't so?

A pop quiz:

Q. What's the difference between a mugger and the President of the United States?
A. The mugger doesn't believe he's "entitled" to your money, and doesn't pretend he's benefitting you by taking it.

But both of them will take it from you anyway, whether you like it or not. And neither of them asked for your permission before doing it. And if you resist either one of them, both will use force against you.

------------------------------------------------

White House Turns to Threats as ObamaCare Enrollments Stall - Breitbart

White House Turns to Threats as ObamaCare Enrollments Stall

by John Nolte
19 Oct 2015

Now that ObamaCare is failing in the exact way its critics predicted more than 5 years ago, the White House is preparing to use threats to increase ObamaCare enrollment numbers next year. The threat, of course, is the ObamaCare tax.

Next year the annual fine for not buying President Obama’s overpriced health insurance will jump to $695 or 2.5% of your income, whichever is greater. The White House intends to use the hefty fines as leverage in the upcoming 2016 enrollment period, which starts in November:

-------------------------------
Administration officials are looking for a balance.

“We need to be make sure that we are very clear and explicit about that $695 penalty so people understand the choice they are making,” said spokeswoman Lori Lodes. But she said the main emphasis will stay on the benefits of having health insurance and how the law’s subsidies can dramatically lower the cost of monthly premiums.

It is no secret as to why no one is buying ObamaCare — ObamaCare sucks.

Already, a third of the co-ops have shut down, further undermining enrollee options; the cost of premiums are skyrocketing, primarily because only the sick are signing up, and you’re paying for a ton of Cadillac services you will never use: Men are paying for maternity care. We are all forced to pay for drug rehab. Worst of all, the deductibles are sky high — in the thousands. The result is that a guy like me looking for single-person coverage ends up paying three hundred dollars-plus a month for a plan that offers no real benefits.

With that deductible, I pay for all of my medical coverage on top of obscenely-priced monthly premiums.

Before ObamaCare made them illegal, my catastrophic plan perfectly fit the bill. High deductible, low monthly premium, but if something terrible happened I was covered.

ObamaCare is a massive rip-off, a lousy product that gets lousier and more expensive every year, and most of the 40 million or so among the uninsured do not want it.

So far only 9.1 million people have enrolled in ObamaCare. The Department of Health and Human services is predicting that only 1 million more will enroll up next year. That is well below — more than 50% below — the Congressional Budget Office predictions that claimed there would be upwards of 21 million enrollees by the end of 2016.

The DC media called Obama’s critics racist for claiming ObamaCare would…

…result in millions losing their insurance and doctors.

…increase the deficit.

…premiums would skyrocket.

….insurance companies would go out of business.

…most of the uninsured were uninsured by choice and not looking for ObamaCare.

…the government would threaten people who didn’t sign up.

All of that has come true.

It is only going to get worse.

And now we have reached the threat level — which is undoubtedly the part the White House and Left most looked forward to.

Affordable Care Act.

“Affordable”

Lol.
Yeah well... we all remember this all too well, so we know who to blame for this catastrophe...

As I've said.

The only winners in the ACA are those the rest of us subsidize. The rest of us will be paying for out benefits, plus theirs.

That POS should never have been passed and we have the Dems to thank for another entitlement that we taxpayers are getting hosed to pay for.

The problem here is that you're ignoring the fact that we were already subsidizing those "winners" before the ACA. Prior to the ACA, the uninsured could simply walk into an ER, get treated, and then never pay. Healthcare providers then raise their costs for paying customers in order to recoup losses from non-paying customers. Either way, we're paying for those who cannot afford to pay. The only thing we should ask ourselves is would we rather pay for someone to go to the ER or to a regularly scheduled visit to the doctors office. I think the answer there is fairly obvious.

It's still happening... go to any ER in any decent sized city... the ER's are clogged with people, and yes, it is the usual subjects.

And then here comes the biggest fucking lying piece of rat shit to ever disgrace the white house...

... and then as soon as he's elected president, this is what he does...

C-SPAN Demands Democrats Open Secret Health Reform Talks

The nonpartisan media group questions Democrats' secrecy on reform bill.
By Doug HeyeJan. 5, 2010 | 10:54 a.m. EST

"President Obama, Senate and House leaders, many of your rank-and-file members, and the nation's editorial pages have all talked about the value of transparent discussions on reforming the nation's health care system," Lamb wrote. "Now that the process moves to the critical stage of reconciliation between the Chambers, we respectfully request that you allow the public full access, through television, to legislation that will affect the lives of every single American."

That Democrats want to work on the bill in secret is no surprise. Poll after poll has shown the legislation to be wildly unpopular with voters and we all saw what happened when everyday Americans had the opportunity to voice their opinion to their elected officials during the August recess—bedlam.

... and then this burnt out old acid head hippie skank...

What a bunch of absolute, mother fucking FILTH. Leftists are the TOILET of the earth.

Oh bulloney, you never believed such.... if you had, you would have supported it from the beginning!!! All of you on the right would have, if you believed it. I wasn't in to listening to Obama back then so I never heard him say it....I was a Hillary fan so I followed what she said, and did not pay attention to his campaign.

What?! That's what I just said. I didn't believe any of his bs. A lot of people were duped though. Here you go:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-...would-fall-2500-family-they-have-climbed-4865

What?! That's what I just said. I didn't believe any of his bs. A lot of people were duped though.
who was duped? No one on the left even mentioned this supposed $2500 in savings for themselves.... not on this site, till it was brought up by those on the rightwing of the aisle....

I knew the savings would be for everyone already buying an individual insurance plan, not with a group insurance plan through their work because those plans were already greatly discounted vs the individual policies, and knew that it would be much cheaper for those with pre-existing conditions....

I also could foresee prices not going up as much each year once the plan was fully implemented, because everyone would be insured, including the young and healthy, giving a much larger pool to prorate costs.... but I did not put a dollar amount to this savings....

That's crap. You touted the ACA as one that would result in a savings for all on this board. We, on the right argued that there is NO WAY that it would result in a savings on premiums and you and others like you continually told us we were naïve and Obama haters and not willing to understand the nuances of the law that would show how it would result in savings for everyone.

Now, of course, you and others like you are saying "I never heard anyone say anything about savings..."

You are a fraud.

“We’ll lower premiums by up to $2,500 for a typical family per year…by the end of my first term as president.” –Democratic candidate Barack Obama in June, 2008

Well, how'd that work out?

:lol:

That's crap. You touted the ACA as one that would result in a savings for all on this board. We, on the right argued that there is NO WAY that it would result in a savings on premiums and you and others like you continually told us we were naïve and Obama haters and not willing to understand the nuances of the law that would show how it would result in savings for everyone.

Now, of course, you and others like you are saying "I never heard anyone say anything about savings..."

You are a fraud.
Back up your claim.....should be easy PEASY.....we have lots of threads on this site before obamacare passed....who was touting $2500 in savings on this board?

Eventual savings, yes.....$2500, no.

Obama did not get HIS health care plan passed, he got A health care plan filled with republican amendments and democratic amendments passed....and it did not even start his first term, and is still not fully implemented, so of course the savings would not show up his first term as he touted during his campaign in 2008.... crud happens.....

Now that Obamacare is in full swing, the leftist fanatics are crowing that more people are insured than before.

But that seems to depend on what the definition of "insured", is... to paraphrase another leftist liar.

People who are "insured" under Obamacare, are frequently skipping doctor-recommended procedures they used to accept... because they can't afford the huge deductibles they have to pay every year before Obamacare's "benefits" finally kick in.

I especially like they way the leftists keep claiming that with the subsidies in Obamacare, your costs are actually low.

That may be true... because while you don't pay all the costs, that guy who lives down the street and has three jobs, is paying the full costs of his own Obamacare policy... plus a generous amount of yours.

Oh, you're the one with three jobs? And you haven't seen your family for a month? You're the one paying full (high) Obamacare costs... plus most of your neighbor's costs. But don't expect your neighbor to stop by any time soon to say "Thank you". He thinks he's entitled to your money to pay his costs.

And why shouldn't he think he was entitled? The President of the United States told him he was. Would the President say something that wasn't so?

A pop quiz:

Q. What's the difference between a mugger and the President of the United States?
A. The mugger doesn't believe he's "entitled" to your money, and doesn't pretend he's benefitting you by taking it.

But both of them will take it from you anyway, whether you like it or not. And neither of them asked for your permission before doing it. And if you resist either one of them, both will use force against you.

by John Nolte
19 Oct 2015

Now that ObamaCare is failing in the exact way its critics predicted more than 5 years ago, the White House is preparing to use threats to increase ObamaCare enrollment numbers next year. The threat, of course, is the ObamaCare tax.

Next year the annual fine for not buying President Obama’s overpriced health insurance will jump to $695 or 2.5% of your income, whichever is greater. The White House intends to use the hefty fines as leverage in the upcoming 2016 enrollment period, which starts in November:

“We need to be make sure that we are very clear and explicit about that $695 penalty so people understand the choice they are making,” said spokeswoman Lori Lodes. But she said the main emphasis will stay on the benefits of having health insurance and how the law’s subsidies can dramatically lower the cost of monthly premiums.

Already, a third of the co-ops have shut down, further undermining enrollee options; the cost of premiums are skyrocketing, primarily because only the sick are signing up, and you’re paying for a ton of Cadillac services you will never use: Men are paying for maternity care. We are all forced to pay for drug rehab. Worst of all, the deductibles are sky high — in the thousands. The result is that a guy like me looking for single-person coverage ends up paying three hundred dollars-plus a month for a plan that offers no real benefits.

With that deductible, I pay for all of my medical coverage on top of obscenely-priced monthly premiums.

Before ObamaCare made them illegal, my catastrophic plan perfectly fit the bill. High deductible, low monthly premium, but if something terrible happened I was covered.

ObamaCare is a massive rip-off, a lousy product that gets lousier and more expensive every year, and most of the 40 million or so among the uninsured do not want it.

So far only 9.1 million people have enrolled in ObamaCare. The Department of Health and Human services is predicting that only 1 million more will enroll up next year. That is well below — more than 50% below — the Congressional Budget Office predictions that claimed there would be upwards of 21 million enrollees by the end of 2016.

…increase the deficit.

And now we have reached the threat level — which is undoubtedly the part the White House and Left most looked forward to.

Affordable Care Act.

“Affordable”

Lol.

Too bad for Breitfart that enrollments *aren't* stalled...not that facts have ever gotten in Breitfart's way...

You are a fraud.
Back up your claim.....should be easy PEASY.....we have lots of threads on this site before obamacare passed....who was touting $2500 in savings on this board?

Eventual savings, yes.....$2500, no.

Obama did not get HIS health care plan passed, he got A health care plan filled with republican amendments and democratic amendments passed....and it did not even start his first term, and is still not fully implemented, so of course the savings would not show up his first term as he touted during his campaign in 2008.... crud happens.....
Every interested voter in the U.S. heard Obama claim a $2500.00 savings the first year. It's on record. "If you like your doctor.......'' my Aunt Fanny.

A pop quiz:

by John Nolte
19 Oct 2015

…increase the deficit.

Affordable Care Act.

“Affordable”

Lol.
What you're not considering, is how medical insurance policies, before Obamcare, were on the same track to be where they are now anyway.

I work for a large medical insurance company, and I have been completely involved with Affordable Care Act plans since it all started.

As a result, I know how our off-exchange plans work, and that's what you don't get from the Breitbart article.

I'll simplify.

The plans that insurance companies offer, as opposed to ACA plans, which we call "off exchange" plans...have the exact same benefits, copays, deductables, etc, that ACA plans do.......the ONLY difference is that subsidies are not available for "off exchange" plans.

The plans being offered by medical insurers are basically unaffected by Obamacare. Benefits are decreasing, copays and deductables are going up, because they would have anyway, even if ACA didn't exist.

A pop quiz:

by John Nolte
19 Oct 2015

…increase the deficit.

Affordable Care Act.

“Affordable”

Lol.

Too bad for Breitfart that enrollments *aren't* stalled...not that facts have ever gotten in Breitfart's way...
Enrollment haven't stalled......we're just outside of open enrollment, which starts Nov 1, 2015 to Jan 31, 2016. That's when people will be enrolling and renewing.

Leave it up to a shady site like Breitbart to leave that out.

Looks like none of the liberals want to address the reality of how Obamacare is actually working.

Bingo! For many its like not having insurance at all. First you have to pay the premiums which is money down the drain. Then the deductible is so sky high you end up paying all your healthcare costs out of pocket. The so called insurance never kicks in so its no surprise people are avoiding going to the doctor at all.

These half baked stupid ass liberal ideas frequently blow up in their face, this is the latest example.

Then never said that. Not even close. Not one ObamaCare advocate said "you will see a slower increase in your costs". They'd have been lynched. The implied promise was that we would pay LESS.

There was a clear implication we would be paying less for health insurance with ObamaCare. Remember all the blather about how we pay more per capita for health care than the rest of the civilized world? That was the argument for enacting ObamaCare, so the implication was clear that our health care costs would drop to what the rest of the civilized world pays.

As for enrollments, don't worry. As soon as those 93 million people the Republicans have promised will lose their employer-sponsored health insurance, they will all enroll in ObamaCare.

Forum List

Back