white europeans didnt bring slavery to the americas and it was never about race

Ahhhh….naughty boy. You are moving the goal posts :nono:

The political parties of yesteryear are nothing like the political parties of today, nor are conservatives and liberals. No one supports slavery, though there are a couple members here who support the return of segregation.
you did that when you tried to compare modern cons with dem cons of the early 19th century,,
its all about what youre trying to conserve,,

most blacks support segregation,, along with a lot of libs,,

They were the buyers and resellers. What is the point? If there was no market (as in buyers) there would have been no massive slave trade.
the market is the sellers,, the buyers are just buyers,,

in fact slavery has little to do with the sale of humans but the oppression of them,,

you did that when you tried to compare modern cons with dem cons of the early 19th century,,
its all about what youre trying to conserve,,

most blacks support segregation,, along with a lot of libs,,
I did. Since you make no distinction between the parties of then and the parties of now, I wasn’t going to either.

Agree…it it is about what you are trying to conserve. Liberals push the envelope of greater inclusion. Conservatives conserve traditional norms through exclusion. Eventually the new values become the part of what the conservatives conserve.

Your last line is an interesting claim…got a link or data to support it?

I did. Since you make no distinction between the parties of then and the parties of now, I wasn’t going to either.

Agree…it it is about what you are trying to conserve. Liberals push the envelope of greater inclusion. Conservatives conserve traditional norms through exclusion. Eventually the new values become the part of what the conservatives conserve.

Your last line is an interesting claim…got a link or data to support it?

the market is the sellers,, the buyers are just buyers,,

in fact slavery has little to do with the sale of humans but the oppression of them,,
Oh you are an impressive contortionist!

The market is dependent on buyers. No buyers, no market.
Slavery as practiced in the Atlantic slave trade it was absolutely about the sale of humans.

Virginia's domestic slave trade grew substantially in the early nineteenth century. It became the state's most lucrative industry, with more money being made by the exporting of enslaved people than was made from tobacco.

Oh you are an impressive contortionist!

The market is dependent on buyers. No buyers, no market.
Slavery as practiced in the Atlantic slave trade it was absolutely about the sale of humans.

Virginia's domestic slave trade grew substantially in the early nineteenth century. It became the state's most lucrative industry, with more money being made by the exporting of enslaved people than was made from tobacco.
wiki isnt a reliable source,, leans to far left,,

Interesting…so college students want race/gender/sex or what ever exclusive floors. Kind of goes against what college is supposed to be.

GW and TJ didnt believe in that,, they believed that all people should be heard and backed it up with the 1st amendment,,

So much for Trump being against cancel culture. lmao

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Conservatism is rooted deeply into the Constitution and all men are created equal.

Notice who are the ones who are denouncing the Constitution these days.. it ain't Conservatives.

Slavery: Democrats
Jim Crow: Democrats
Affirmative Action: Democrats
CRT and White-People-are-bad: Democrats

You guys focus on race, and divide us.

I'm not going to argue what "conservatism" used to mean 200 years ago. It probably meant wanting to keep slaves to be honest, so there goes the claim that all men are created equal. Conservatism today looks more like low key support for fascism and autocracy. I've never seen a single group of people more desperate to make politicians their idols of worship, something any dictator who has ever lived has only dreamt about cultivating for themselves.

If there had been no market, there would have been no source.
There was a market in North Africa regardless of markets in the new world. The Arab market was big and consistent because the Arabs killed off their slaves by overwork. Replacement slaves were castrated to keep them from reproducing and even with the losses from the castration process, black slaves were cheap in the North African slave bazaars.

Forum List

Back