white europeans didnt bring slavery to the americas and it was never about race

I was speaking about Thomas Jefferson and George Washington.

They believed that they had the same value as humans to King George III. They believed that they should have the same rights as King George III.
they believed all men are equal not just themselves,,,

Thomas Jefferson and George Washington were Progressives. They had lofty ideals of Equality and supported Inequality which was severe even by the standards of their times.
progressive of those times are a world apart from out current progressive that are more regressive than progressive,,

again what do you mean by equality and inequality,,

the believed in equality of opportunity and should that in their actions and words,,

progressive of those times are a world apart from out current progressive that are more regressive than progressive,,
To a great degree, Progressives in 1776 were similar to Progressives of 2022.

They proclaimed and proclaim lofty ideas. They practice and practiced worst abuses of Human Rights.

To a great degree, Progressives in 1776 were similar to Progressives of 2022.

They proclaimed and proclaim lofty ideas. They practice and practiced worst abuses of Human Rights.
not even close,, modern progs dont believe in persoanl property and wanted the largest of governments where then they were polar opposite,,

what abuses did they do??

During the late XVIIIth Century up to 1861, many Russian peasants who were serfs were envious of European peasants who were free. Of course serfs would not dare to mention their grievances to their owners.

Many Russian nobles believed that their serfs should be grateful for not being exploited like American slaves.

They supported a system under which slaves had no rights.
they didnt support it and openly said that it was wrong and tried to end it with the constitution but those that would later form the democrat party refused to allow it and wouldnt have joined the union if it was ended,,

6th grade history taught this but I guess you missed that class,,

they didnt support it and openly said that it was wrong and tried to end it with the constitution but those that would later form the democrat party refused to allow it and wouldnt have joined the union if it was ended,,

Much of their Insurrection was to preserve Slavery.

Slaves had hope which was crushed by the Battle of Yorktown.

Sowell is “wrong“ in that he leaves out a lot, and in particular, how slavery became a racialized institution in America.
that doesnt make him wrong since he wasnt referring to what dems did after slavery was embedded here,,

he was talking about who and why they became slaves,,

you should watch his other videos in this series,,

they believed all men are equal not just themselves,,,
no it wasnt,,

their fight was for all men to be free,,

Yet they didn’t release their slaves (George Washington released his but wouldn’t release Mary’s).

Equality was clearly limited to certain groups. Excluded were women, Black people, indiginous people.

Yet they didn’t release their slaves (George Washington released his but wouldn’t release Mary’s).

Equality was clearly limited to certain groups. Excluded were women, Black people, indiginous people.
if you bothered to read a little history you would know they couldnt legally release their slaves,,

that doesnt make him wrong since he wasnt referring to what dems did after slavery was embedded here,,

he was talking about who and why they became slaves,,

you should watch his other videos in this series,,
You are making a cultural problem a political problem. I was wrong about the racialization of slavery however, it began a lot earlier than I thought, prior to the formation of our nation. Maybe you should watch this series? It isn’t “politicized”, though the actions of the political parties in support of or against abolition is part of the history.

Forum List

Back