Which Talk Radio Twit Do You Like Best?

Which Talk Radio Twit Do You Like Best?

• Total voters
And yes the right is anti science. They cut off government funding to science that goes to the greater good because they think the private sector will fund it if its profitable or a good idea. Here is the problem Allieblabla. Many of the greatest inventions today came from government programs. Government funded experiments. Those scientists ideas showed promise, like solar or battery power, but weren't practical enough for private investors, IE the stock market. So if it weren't for government, we wouldn't have things like, oh, the internet.
Good to know you're still nuttier than a fruitcake.

After the internet -which was considered an utter and complete failure until someone found a way to turn an evil profit off of it- you'd be hard pressed to come up with a list of unarguable successes of these nondescript "great inventions" discovered by gubmint experiments.

Aww, come on Dude. I'll agree that the gubmint screws up most of what they touch, but many of the things we take for granted today were a direct result of Kennedy's challenge to go to the moon within 10 years. The gubmint's space program generated innovation, inventions and technologies that had once been considered science fiction or hadn't even been thought of at all.

And yes the right is anti science. They cut off government funding to science that goes to the greater good because they think the private sector will fund it if its profitable or a good idea. Here is the problem Allieblabla. Many of the greatest inventions today came from government programs. Government funded experiments. Those scientists ideas showed promise, like solar or battery power, but weren't practical enough for private investors, IE the stock market. So if it weren't for government, we wouldn't have things like, oh, the internet.

After the internet -which was considered an utter and complete failure until someone found a way to turn an evil profit off of it- you'd be hard pressed to come up with a list of unarguable successes of these nondescript "great inventions" discovered by gubmint experiments.

Aww, come on Dude. I'll agree that the gubmint screws up most of what they touch, but many of the things we take for granted today were a direct result of Kennedy's challenge to go to the moon within 10 years. The gubmint's space program generated innovation, inventions and technologies that had once been considered science fiction or hadn't even been thought of at all.
Yup.

Isn't that whole "promote the Progress of Science" phrase in the Constitution as well?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrzRhIiLQ08]YouTube - Glenn Beck Meltdown Song - Get Off My Phone You Little Pinhead[/ame]

Randi Rhodes, Thom Hartmann, Ed Schultz, Rachel Maddow and Ron Reagan are all better than these guys.

Rich people own radio stations, and most of those owners today are righties who realized how powerful the media is. Think about how expensive air time is for politicians who want to get their message out. Rush/Fox are 24/7 brainwashing, I mean advertising.

They are force feeding us the right wing spin. Luckily we have Air America and MSNBC to combat all the right wing spin. But when we only have 2 for every 8 of them, its tough.

How about Mark Malloy---That guy is out of his freaking mind!! But during the holidays, he shows a serious talent for the Vocal Arts.

His reading of the Birth of Jesus, The Heart shaped Box and something he and his wife does around valentines day are pretty good. He should seriously think about selling his skills to Spoken word or some vocalized-book company.

His politics is a bit to left-econ for me.

I don't listen to talk raido, either. For a bit, a few years ago, I listened to Clark Howard.

Clark Howard works out of the same studios as Neal Boortz. A few weeks back, Howard stopped by and presented Boortz with a sports team jacket he had found in a thrift store. Boortz told him he wouldn't wear someone else's clothes. Howard insisted that he had had it dry cleaned. Didn't matter to Boortz. Boortz has this oddity in that he only wears a pair of underwear once and then throws them away. He will wear an undershirt twice by turning it inside out before tossing it. There was no way he was going to wear Howard's "gift" jacket. It was all good natured and hilarious to listen to.

I prefer our local hosts.

The national political ones are good for a chuckle though, so if they are entertaining I keep the dial there, if not, I listen to music until the local talent comes on.

Mike

Actually, the internet has its basis in military and academic applications long before it became profittable.

It aided research, shorten communications times, and allow for diverse planning and organization of disperate groups . It was never a failure--it was a success long before profits entered the picture.

Sorry dude. But the picture you are painting of the internet is not reality. Unless, making a profit is the only measurement of success.

I like Laura too. Of all the talk show megamonsters, she remains ladylike, but tough, and smart as all heck.

And she interviews some of the most interesting people, particularly libs. I think it's because they think that, as a woman and a Christian, she's an easy interview. Shows what they know, and where their bias lay. Lays? Lies?

I never quite got the lay/lie/lays thing.

Ingram? Lol...imus totally pwned her in an interview where she tried to claim the anti war crowd doesn't support the Troops so imus pointed out he is against the war and he fought like hell to get the life insurance raised for Troops and to get a new hospital built in texas for wounded Vets.

plus unlike the vast majority of the right wing talking heads Imus actually served in the military.

Actually, the internet has its basis in military and academic applications long before it became profittable.

It aided research, shorten communications times, and allow for diverse planning and organization of disperate groups . It was never a failure--it was a success long before profits entered the picture.

Sorry dude. But the picture you are painting of the internet is not reality. Unless, making a profit is the only measurement of success.
It was still a money pit....But let's take the claim at face value anyways.

Start naming some of the other unqualified successes of big gubmint R&D that doesn't involve dropping bombs and slinging bullets.

Locally its Beck-Limbaugh-Hannity. Depending on the whim of the program director after Hannity its either Levin or Fox Sports Radio.

At best there is an occasional nugget of information in those hours. Its that or the Country/Pop or Rap/Pop music channels. So I let the chattering go on in the background. I cannot stomach, even as background noise, the nasal yankee drone of Levin's voice.

Locally its Beck-Limbaugh-Hannity. Depending on the whim of the program director after Hannity its either Levin or Fox Sports Radio.

At best there is an occasional nugget of information in those hours. Its that or the Country/Pop or Rap/Pop music channels. So I let the chattering go on in the background. I cannot stomach, even as background noise, the nasal yankee drone of Levin's voice.

Hannity is from Long Island N.Y., Its not a Yankee nasal drone that Levin has, its usually associated with an ethnicity he is part of that I would guess a fan of John Wilkes Booth would put right up there next to black people on the people he likes list.

Hannity is from Long Island N.Y.,
and?
Its not a Yankee nasal drone that Levin has, its usually associated with an ethnicity he is part of
Its flat, its nasal, its grating, its New York, close enough
that I would guess a fan of John Wilkes Booth would put right up there next to black people on the people he likes list.
Deflection, and it suggests an attitude that isn't there.

You oughtta use this one, its more appropriate.
image.php

Hannity is from Long Island N.Y.,
and?
Its not a Yankee nasal drone that Levin has, its usually associated with an ethnicity he is part of
Its flat, its nasal, its grating, its New York, close enough
that I would guess a fan of John Wilkes Booth would put right up there next to black people on the people he likes list.
Deflection, and it suggests an attitude that isn't there.

You oughtta use this one, its more appropriate.
image.php

suggests an attitude that isnt there? your freaking user name is the name of the guy who assassinated the emancipator of the slaves!!!!

suggests an attitude that isnt there? your freaking user name is the name of the guy who assassinated the emancipator of the slaves!!!!
The only slaves he emancipated or attempted to emancipate were in areas that he did not control. Slaves within areas that he controlled remained in bondage until passage of the 13th amendment which did not take place until some time after his death.

Anyway, you want to start a Lincoln/CW thread get after it, this one is about radio people.

Last edited:

It was still a money pit....But let's take the claim at face value anyways.

Start naming some of the other unqualified successes of big gubmint R&D that doesn't involve dropping bombs and slinging bullets.
Regrigerators and air conditioners for a start.

Forum List

Back