Which should have first priority: The woman, the fertilized egg, or the fetus?

Which should have first priority: The woman, the fertilized egg, or the fetus?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The woman ONLY if the fertilized egg is killing her. Otherwise, the fertilized egg. Baby next. Humans are not fetuses during development. We are not apes.

Last edited:
Life begins at conception. If it begins it was God's will...and so the fertilized egg has first priority. If woman does not want the child...put it up for adoption.

How do you explain a stillborn, a live child born and lives only a few days or weeks? Is this God's will? My guess is your answer will be the same. So, provide probative proof!

Taking that a step further, how do they explain spontaneous abortions, i.e. miscarriages? When I was in college I had a part-time job working in a pathology lab doing errands and clerical work. This lab received about 6-10 miscarried fetuses every single day ranging from 4-5 weeks to 7 months. So let's hear that shit about how God giveth and then he taketh away....[[[rolling eyes]]]

Postscript: I was in charge of putting up these contained fetuses for the histopathology by the doctors. Yes, the 6-7 month fetuses would break our hearts. The 4-5 week fetuses were very small, indistinguishable and the size of a large sesame seed. No one can tell me that takes precedent over a woman's choice. A woman can't even know for sure until that time.

I think this thread is predominantly inhabited by men. If there were more women on it there would be a preponderance of the woman's right to choose. Why do men want women to take all the responsibility? Do they think they are still living in caves?

Life begins at conception. If it begins it was God's will...and so the fertilized egg has first priority. If woman does not want the child...put it up for adoption.

How do you explain a stillborn, a live child born and lives only a few days or weeks? Is this God's will? My guess is your answer will be the same. So, provide probative proof!

Taking that a step further, how do they explain spontaneous abortions, i.e. miscarriages? When I was in college I had a part-time job working in a pathology lab doing errands and clerical work. This lab received about 6-10 miscarried fetuses every single day ranging from 4-5 weeks to 7 months. So let's hear that shit about how God giveth and then he taketh away....[[[rolling eyes]]]

Postscript: I was in charge of putting up these contained fetuses for the histopathology by the doctors. Yes, the 6-7 month fetuses would break our hearts. The 4-5 week fetuses were very small, indistinguishable and the size of a large sesame seed. No one can tell me that takes precedent over a woman's choice. A woman can't even know for sure until that time.

I hear you, abortion is the answer, all hail Satan.

Only a follower of satan would write, "Abortion is the answer for sure, all hail Satan." What I just wrote, freewill, makes no more sense than what you wrote. Go for a walk, think about it, and come back and talk adult like, please. This is a serious issue.

Last edited:
I wish more posters would vote in the poll. So far, only 8 have voted out of about 20 posters. It could be that some aren't sure how they really feel.

I voted, and of course I voted that the woman is in charge of her reproductive system just as a man is in charge of his.

Men who are sexually active and who do not wish to have children should man up and be 50% of the solution: get a vasectomy. Put your money where your dick is.

Oh, still not sure about children in the future? Visit a sperm bank, make quarterly donations for a year, then get a vasectomy.

Men are half of the problem and should act accordingly.

So are you for women that don't want to have a baby having their tubes tied?

I wish more posters would vote in the poll. So far, only 8 have voted out of about 20 posters. It could be that some aren't sure how they really feel.

I voted, and of course I voted that the woman is in charge of her reproductive system just as a man is in charge of his.

Men who are sexually active and who do not wish to have children should man up and be 50% of the solution: get a vasectomy. Put your money where your dick is.

Oh, still not sure about children in the future? Visit a sperm bank, make quarterly donations for a year, then get a vasectomy.

bobby bob, you don't ever to get to make that type of choice.

step along, son.

Should women have the final say in making laws that affect their reproductive rights - instead of mostly men making those decisions for them?

bobby bob, you don't ever to get to make that type of choice.

step along, son.

Are you afraid of the question Jake? If not, STFU. On the other hand, STFU even if you are afraid!

Only a follower of satan would write, "Abortion is the answer for sure, all hail Satan." What I just wrote, freewill, makes no more sense than what you wrote. Go for a walk, think about it, and come back and talk adult like, please. This is a serious issue.

Only a democrat operative wouldn't understand mocking.

Only a democrat operative wouldn't understand mocking.

You are acting stupidly and inappropriately.

This subject is serious, and you need to take it so or step off until you cool down.

A poorly worded question makes for garbled answers. Tonto should withdraw the poll and try again.

I worded it exactly like I wanted it. The poll wasn't meant to address all variables, and it assumes "typical" circumstances.

A poorly worded question makes for garbled answers. Tonto should withdraw the poll and try again.

I worded it exactly like I wanted it. The poll wasn't meant to address all variables, and it assumes "typical" circumstances.

"Priority" in what context? People are all over the place depending on the circumstances...they may be typical but they are nowhere near the same.

Personal preference?
Rape?
Incest?
Life of mother?
Deformity of baby?
Income?

There are two rights involved here. The right to life and the right to personal sovereignty. When someone is forced to place their body in the service of another that is called involuntary servitude. That is the definition of slavery.

Regardless of how I might feel about the child, the body of the woman must be under the sole control of the woman. Anything less than that is slavery.

"Priority" in what context? People are all over the place depending on the circumstances...they may be typical but they are nowhere near the same.

Personal preference?
Rape?
Incest?
Life of mother?
Deformity of baby?
Income?

When I used the word "typical" - none of those variables are assumed to be determining factors. In other words, it's a superficial poll that assumes "normal" circumstances - meaning no rape, incest, health, deformity, financial, or other extenuating issues.

Forum List

Back