What came first, The chicken or The egg? Science vs Religion

who do you believe about the creation of life?

• Total voters
What came first, the chicken or the egg? This question seems to divide the believers of a higher power from the nonbelievers. Science or Religion, was human life created by science or a Higher Power?
Science contradicts the bible, and pretty much says that there is no god. That everything was just here and after billions of years of nothing a rock hit another rock in which created a big bang and billions of years later conditions were just right to create life. But what created the rock?
Science suggests we evolved from a single cell organism just as every other life form. Where did this single cell organism come from? It couldn't of been here when the dinosaurs where here There were no human life with the dinosaurs. Then they became extinct, by some say, an asteroid hitting Earth. Did the single cell organism come from that? Was it on the asteroid that was destined to hit this planet which had perfect conditions for it to create life?
So this microscopic single cell organism that created humans and creatures was just slithering around until it started to evolve and go through the whole process of becoming a living creature that breathes, drinks, eats, sees, hears, tastes, touches, walks, talk, thinks and feels. So.this microscopic single cell organism just happened to undergo the process to develop into a zygote, which needs to single cell organisms to create it, and then turned into and embryo and then into a fetus then eventually into a newborn baby, with no placenta allowing nutrient uptake, no thermos regulation, no waste elimination, and no gas exchange via the mothers blood supply, also providing oxygen and nutrients to the growing fetus and removes waste products from the fetus's blood. Then it turns into a new born baby, how did it survive just laying there not able to care for its self and what protected it from infection, predators, and other natural elements? Any living creature for that matter? Seriously how did it survive the early stages of evolving?
Its just hard to believe that this microscopic organism turned into creatures. What caused the single cell organism to evolve? Something had to trigger the process? Did it emerge with something? Or was it the result of another reaction and started to evolve immediately? Evolving from a microscopic organism, at the beginning, is hard to see it surviving the process of it going from something so small to the first human being.
If we were really evolved from a single cell organism why isn't it still happening? Where is this single cell organism today?
Was there an event or something that caused these single cells to begin evolving? I'm sure there wasn't just one evolving at a time? There had to be an event that occurred, that these single cell organisms were produced as the outcome of the event, and then had to eventually died off after they had a chance to survive and evolve. That's the only possible theory I can come up with for why these single cell organisms aren't producing life today. Is there this secret place on earth that no body knows about, where human life is popping up and there are these people who raise and protect them? Then they just join society like it was nothing?
I can see how some other things evolved through time. But Humans I just don't see it? Since beginning of human life there wasn't that much evolving with human beings. Well maybe mentally but not to much physically?. We evolved with using technology.
I believe science provides answers and proves things that happened after the first life was created. Science suggesting we evolved from single cell organisms does not prove anything to me. What created that single cell organism, then what created the thing that created the single cell organism, then what created that, and then what created that? It all has to lead to 1 creator, and I believe it is God.
Science is the need for humans to know and understand, and to some trying to prove that we were created some other way makes more sense then believing in an immortal God that we cant see having great powers and created everything. To some, proven answers to questions of life figured out through science is easier to believe then believing in something you cant see, something you cant witness first hand. Even though science hasn't 100% proven their theory of the creation of life, but the facts and evidence they have and the progress of answering more questions then what religion can provide, is good enough for some people.
If science was right then there would be no meaning to life. We just live then die and everything that happened in between just happened. Just creatures wondering around a planet for no logical reason, just a freak accident that occurred in nature, that resulted in life forms that have no real purpose in the universe that are going to inevitably die out.
I find it hard to believe that such a beautiful and complex creation such as life has no meaning. There has to be more, There cant be no reason for our existence. Someone or something had to put time into our creation. Life is to complex for it to just happen.
In life there are always 2 ways, 2 versions, an action and reaction, positive or negative, right or wrong, left or right, man or woman, living or nonliving, open or closed, free or confined, day or night, land or water, and science or religion.
No body really knows how everything came about, just think what it felt like to be the first human life. What do you think was going through their mind?
There has to be a creator that directed the first human life the right way. I believe in God and all that science crap is just crap. To believe that we came from a microscopic organism to what we are today, and that the process isn't still occurring to this day, doesn't make any sense to me.

it shouldn't take that many words. and no one is going to read that.

but it would obviously make sense that religion came first -- whether Baal or Mithras or whatever... because that is how people explained things they didn't understand.

That's not how the word theory is used in science. A "scientific theory" is the highest status an explanation can obtain in science. Yes, theories may be considered facts. Their predictions may be considered certainty. For instance, the Theory of Electromagnetism predicts that sending a current through a wire will generate a magnetic field. The current and the magnetic field are described by laws, and the explanation/prediction is considered a fact.

Likewise, the Theory of Evolution is considered to be fact. It has been "proven true" as much as anything can be proven true. It is as true as the fact that two massive objects exert a force on one another called "gravity". The explanation for this is "the Theory of Gravity".

The word is simply used differently in science than it is otherwise.
You right, so actually not 100% incorrect.

To be clear, it's not intellectually honest to compare a gut feeling to an established scientific theor
That's not how the word theory is used in science. A "scientific theory" is the highest status an explanation can obtain in science. Yes, theories may be considered facts. Their predictions may be considered certainty. For instance, the Theory of Electromagnetism predicts that sending a current through a wire will generate a magnetic field. The current and the magnetic field are described by laws, and the explanation/prediction is considered a fact.

Likewise, the Theory of Evolution is considered to be fact. It has been "proven true" as much as anything can be proven true. It is as true as the fact that two massive objects exert a force on one another called "gravity". The explanation for this is "the Theory of Gravity".

The word is simply used differently in science than it is otherwise.
Which, of course, is why there are countless medical theories that are so rejected the AMA will not allow them to be practiced in the US.
Now back to those insects and animals that insist on being eaten even after billions of years.

What a bunch of meaningless pap. Which "scientific theories" are those? And are they rejected on ethical or legal grounds, or because of inefficacy? You're not the most articulate guy. You vomit this nonsense, and then rational adults have to sift through it and play 20 questions just to figure out what the hell you are trying to say.

Regarding evolution: you're an adult now. Nobody cares what you believe regarding accepted scientific theories. Maybe if you were in 7th grade science class, the teacher would give you F after F and send a letter home regarding his concern that you are failing badly and clearly not making any effort to learn the material. I feel no such compulsion to correct your errors and misunderstandings, because you are a dishonest person who isn't trying to learn anything.

So you're a scientist who actually discusses evolution with scientist with years of experience and thousands of patients which have led them to the conclusion that evolution is real.

Irrelevant red herring. The things I am saying are facts. You can look them up yourself. It doesn't matter who says them.

See, I think that's the thing you are not understanding:

You have such a complete and fundamental misunderstanding of science, that you are stuck on the basic ideas that are quickly related in about the first chapter of a science course. You seriously know less than nothing about any of this.
I'm looking at the same evidence you are looking at.
It's just that I also know people in the medical and science fields and after years of experience all they see from mutations is illness and disease, not survival.

You clearly are not looking at the same evidence I amd the global scientifoc community are looking at, because you ask stupid, ignorant auestions one would expect from a 12 year old one day one of science class.

At some point you are going to come to terms wiht the fact that the reason you are at odds with every person in the world educated on this topic is because you know less than nothing about it.

What came first, the chicken or the egg? This question seems to divide the believers of a higher power from the nonbelievers. Science or Religion, was human life created by science or a Higher Power?
Science contradicts the bible, and pretty much says that there is no god. That everything was just here and after billions of years of nothing a rock hit another rock in which created a big bang and billions of years later conditions were just right to create life. But what created the rock?
Science suggests we evolved from a single cell organism just as every other life form. Where did this single cell organism come from? It couldn't of been here when the dinosaurs where here There were no human life with the dinosaurs. Then they became extinct, by some say, an asteroid hitting Earth. Did the single cell organism come from that? Was it on the asteroid that was destined to hit this planet which had perfect conditions for it to create life?
So this microscopic single cell organism that created humans and creatures was just slithering around until it started to evolve and go through the whole process of becoming a living creature that breathes, drinks, eats, sees, hears, tastes, touches, walks, talk, thinks and feels. So.this microscopic single cell organism just happened to undergo the process to develop into a zygote, which needs to single cell organisms to create it, and then turned into and embryo and then into a fetus then eventually into a newborn baby, with no placenta allowing nutrient uptake, no thermos regulation, no waste elimination, and no gas exchange via the mothers blood supply, also providing oxygen and nutrients to the growing fetus and removes waste products from the fetus's blood. Then it turns into a new born baby, how did it survive just laying there not able to care for its self and what protected it from infection, predators, and other natural elements? Any living creature for that matter? Seriously how did it survive the early stages of evolving?
Its just hard to believe that this microscopic organism turned into creatures. What caused the single cell organism to evolve? Something had to trigger the process? Did it emerge with something? Or was it the result of another reaction and started to evolve immediately? Evolving from a microscopic organism, at the beginning, is hard to see it surviving the process of it going from something so small to the first human being.
If we were really evolved from a single cell organism why isn't it still happening? Where is this single cell organism today?
Was there an event or something that caused these single cells to begin evolving? I'm sure there wasn't just one evolving at a time? There had to be an event that occurred, that these single cell organisms were produced as the outcome of the event, and then had to eventually died off after they had a chance to survive and evolve. That's the only possible theory I can come up with for why these single cell organisms aren't producing life today. Is there this secret place on earth that no body knows about, where human life is popping up and there are these people who raise and protect them? Then they just join society like it was nothing?
I can see how some other things evolved through time. But Humans I just don't see it? Since beginning of human life there wasn't that much evolving with human beings. Well maybe mentally but not to much physically?. We evolved with using technology.
I believe science provides answers and proves things that happened after the first life was created. Science suggesting we evolved from single cell organisms does not prove anything to me. What created that single cell organism, then what created the thing that created the single cell organism, then what created that, and then what created that? It all has to lead to 1 creator, and I believe it is God.
Science is the need for humans to know and understand, and to some trying to prove that we were created some other way makes more sense then believing in an immortal God that we cant see having great powers and created everything. To some, proven answers to questions of life figured out through science is easier to believe then believing in something you cant see, something you cant witness first hand. Even though science hasn't 100% proven their theory of the creation of life, but the facts and evidence they have and the progress of answering more questions then what religion can provide, is good enough for some people.
If science was right then there would be no meaning to life. We just live then die and everything that happened in between just happened. Just creatures wondering around a planet for no logical reason, just a freak accident that occurred in nature, that resulted in life forms that have no real purpose in the universe that are going to inevitably die out.
I find it hard to believe that such a beautiful and complex creation such as life has no meaning. There has to be more, There cant be no reason for our existence. Someone or something had to put time into our creation. Life is to complex for it to just happen.
In life there are always 2 ways, 2 versions, an action and reaction, positive or negative, right or wrong, left or right, man or woman, living or nonliving, open or closed, free or confined, day or night, land or water, and science or religion.
No body really knows how everything came about, just think what it felt like to be the first human life. What do you think was going through their mind?
There has to be a creator that directed the first human life the right way. I believe in God and all that science crap is just crap. To believe that we came from a microscopic organism to what we are today, and that the process isn't still occurring to this day, doesn't make any sense to me.

but it would obviously make sense that religion came first -- whether Baal or Mithras or whatever... because that is how people explained things they didn't understand.
But we do know that you can't have an egg without a chicken. So the chicken had to come first. The first created chicken then laid some eggs. Simple.

But we do know that you can't have an egg without a chicken. So the chicken had to come first. The first created chicken then laid some eggs. Simple.

unless some reptilian thing laid an egg and it looked like a chicken... in which case the egg came first.

:thup:

unless some reptilian thing laid an egg and it looked like a chicken... in which case the egg came first.

So, you're saying that a lizard turned into a chicken?

you know birds evolved from reptiles, right?

No. They didn't.

To be clear, it's not intellectually honest to compare a gut feeling to an established scientific theor
Which, of course, is why there are countless medical theories that are so rejected the AMA will not allow them to be practiced in the US.
Now back to those insects and animals that insist on being eaten even after billions of years.

What a bunch of meaningless pap. Which "scientific theories" are those? And are they rejected on ethical or legal grounds, or because of inefficacy? You're not the most articulate guy. You vomit this nonsense, and then rational adults have to sift through it and play 20 questions just to figure out what the hell you are trying to say.

Regarding evolution: you're an adult now. Nobody cares what you believe regarding accepted scientific theories. Maybe if you were in 7th grade science class, the teacher would give you F after F and send a letter home regarding his concern that you are failing badly and clearly not making any effort to learn the material. I feel no such compulsion to correct your errors and misunderstandings, because you are a dishonest person who isn't trying to learn anything.

So you're a scientist who actually discusses evolution with scientist with years of experience and thousands of patients which have led them to the conclusion that evolution is real.

Irrelevant red herring. The things I am saying are facts. You can look them up yourself. It doesn't matter who says them.

You have such a complete and fundamental misunderstanding of science, that you are stuck on the basic ideas that are quickly related in about the first chapter of a science course. You seriously know less than nothing about any of this.
It's just that I also know people in the medical and science fields and after years of experience all they see from mutations is illness and disease, not survival.

Are not both types of mutations possible? Beneficial and damaging?
I don't know any medical professionals, including several veterinarians, who have ever seen a positive mutation.
I think the X-Men, or is that X-People, are cool, but have you ever heard of one in real life?

You clearly are not looking at the same evidence I amd the global scientifoc community are looking at, because you ask stupid, ignorant auestions one would expect from a 12 year old one day one of science class.

At some point you are going to come to terms wiht the fact that the reason you are at odds with every person in the world educated on this topic is because you know less than nothing about it.
I simply know several dozen people in my community who work for Universities.
Studies are constantly rejected and redone with new parameters.
Until the donor(s) get what they want.

I've got just one question. Can anyone tell me how you get a chicken without an egg? But to answer the question, the chicken came first. Because you can't have an egg without a chicken.
What i don't understand is how a single cell organism evolved into an egg at any random spot without any type of protection from nature and hatch into a baby and survive to be an adult? Same as with humans. You mean to tell me a single cell organism evolved into a human at any random spot? Was the first humans in a shell like and egg? Or was there just a fetus on the ground? AS babies today they wouldn't survive on their own so how could they back then? No other predatory species fed upon these humans evolving? I just cant believe the human species evolved from a microscopic single cell organism and evolve into an infant and survived to an age it could survive on its own? And how did it come along that human life is formed inside of women now?

This thread has been up since oct. 28 2017 with over 3,200 views and 23 pages of comments and you are now saying no one is going to read it? Sorry but your wrong there has been many people who have you have to be pretty dumb to make that assumption about a thread with almost 3,500 views in less than a month. I can see if this thread only got 100 views in 30 days but that isn't the case.

You make an assumption that no one will read this thread because it has to many words for you and you are going to say birds evolved from reptiles? lol you are one confused person. They say the closet species that a bird is related too in which could have evolved from is the dinosaur group known as maniraptoran theropods which the velociraptor belongs too. How could birds evolve from a dinosaur when dinosaurs became extinct so did everything else. To evolve over time the process would have to be that the dinosaurs maniraptoran theoropods didn't go extinct and over time evolved into what we know as a bird today.

I had a big issue over not posting links. You are stating birds evolved from reptiles to be a fact. You need to provide proof or link because it never has been proven that I am aware of.

Are not both types of mutations possible? Beneficial and damaging?
I don't know any medical professionals, including several veterinarians, who have ever seen a positive mutation.
I think the X-Men, or is that X-People, are cool, but have you ever heard of one in real life?
th

Positive mutations are more deceptive.
celtics-shaq-basketballjpg-9c3579e02e587680.jpg

At the time the dinosaurs were here our species was a small furry rodent like animal. Not a monkey yet

Please show me where the creation account contradicts science.
Use the verse(s) and no ad hominems.
Genesis says God made Adam from the soil. Science suggests we evolved from a single cell organism
The Bible says something about clay too and damn it if clay didn’t turn out to be something that life can start in. Clay. Anyways, I’m no scientist so I’m probably not explaining it right but the point I really wanted to make is we don’t know. It’s better to admit there are things we don’t know. Genesis claims to know things we don’t know. Science is honest

At the time the dinosaurs were here our species was a small furry rodent like animal. Not a monkey yet
Please show me where the creation account contradicts science.
Use the verse(s) and no ad hominems.
Genesis says God made Adam from the soil. Science suggests we evolved from a single cell organism
The Bible says something about clay too and damn it if clay didn’t turn out to be something that life can start in. Clay. Anyways, I’m no scientist so I’m probably not explaining it right but the point I really wanted to make is we don’t know. It’s better to admit there are things we don’t know. Genesis claims to know things we don’t know. Science is honest
We really don't know. This is just my opinion.

They came at the same time. It's a genetic modification of a reptile that was stepped to game bird to provide food for the dumb fucks that were created for this planet.This was likely after Noah. Humans played around with the breeds to increase size, bred to change color etc. Much like the last several hundred years of screwing around with dogs and cattle. The best are still the wolf and buffalo, of course.Water buffalo on the other side of the void.
Gene manipulation(pseudo creation) is our future......but we'll fuck that up too.It's just business.

I simply know several dozen people in my community who work for Universities.
Studies are constantly rejected and redone with new parameters.
Until the donor(s) get what they want.

Nah, you just made that up. Not only is it a specious appeal to emotion, it's a shameless lie.

And even if that were true, that doesnt account for the mutually supportive evidence for evolutionary theory (which is ALL the evidence).

So, even if your (made up, false) points are granted, you are STILL wrong and saying someting stupid. That should be a hint to you about how wrong you are.

Last edited:

I had a big issue over not posting links. You are stating birds evolved from reptiles to be a fact. You need to provide proof or link because it never has been proven that I am aware of.

It absolutely has been proven, and the fact that you are not aware that it has is due to lack of effort on your part to educate yourself. In what universe does it make sense that you should demand others spoonfeed this information to you? Why should anyone believe that you would reward this effort with any honest consideration of the material they present to you, when you won't even bother to lift a finger to educate yourself?

Forum List

Back