Which is Most Important in a Wife/Spouse?

Which of these 3 is MOST important to you in a Spouse?

• Cooking Skills

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Cleaning Skills

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Financial Skills

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
Which of these 3 things ONLY are MOST important for you for a spouse to have as a strong quality?

(1) Cooking Skills
(2) Housekeeping Skills
(3) Financial/Bookkeeping Skills

Let's assume they are very weak and/or lacking in the other 2.......
Are you doing interviews?

oh no, another person that thinks I have an agenda! No! I'm married! Hubby is excellent at (3) and also (2) but he thinks I should pitch in. I'm the better cook but I'm nothing to brag about trust me....
The way I see it if the finances are accounted for she can learn from a chef and a professional maid.

Everyone should really have at least the basics in those "skills" if that's what you want to call them. Life skills I guess? You really cannot get buy without knowing a little bit of something about any of the three unless you are rich or want to be dependent on someone else for your needs in life.

None of the above.

Why are you ALWAYS the contrarian....? WHY!!!!????? :dunno::tongue-44::confused-84::confused-84::confused-84:

Just trying to respond honestly. A spouse is about love, not 'finding' a cook, a housekeeper, or an accountant.

Well that is a GIVEN ! I'm just saying of these 3 specific things, which would be most important or even preferential for your spouse to be excellent at? Of course we want to love, adore and be attracted to our mate!

You might as well add juggling, oil painting, or belching the Pledge of Allegiance. Nothing else matters but the big one.

Are you in love?

For 16 years and counting!

Bonzi, you know you look good in your little apron.

... don't make me go there Jake....
And your French maid outfit. Or your accountant get up with your hair in a bun and wearing horned rim eye glasses. Ah, if only they were aware of the smouldering Bonzi inside.

Jake... I can't believe you.... shame shame! :eusa_naughty:
What? If you are really not good in those three areas, then excel in that which you are and make him forget about them in some . . . way. Yeah?

I'm funny and unpredictable... that's about it!

Funny ha-ha, or funny 24 hour forced observation?

Sadly, none of the choices apply but if I had to choose it would be financial skills.

what do you mean they don't apply?
You have a chef, a maid and an accountant?

I have a maid stop by twice a month and my best friend is my accountant. We don't have a chef as we're wizards in the kitchen.

Cleaning doesn't require a whole lot of skill, just a willingness on the part of both partners to do their share.

The answer to the other two should ideally be "the one I'm not that good at so we can complement each other."

(That's complement as in "compensate for each other's weak points," not compliment as in "Great job, Honey!")

How did sex, not make the list? Tell me Bonzi. I have to know why... WHY?!?!??!

Sadly, none of the choices apply but if I had to choose it would be financial skills.

I have a maid stop by twice a month and my best friend is my accountant. We don't have a chef as we're wizards in the kitchen.

I want to come over to your place and cook and crank up the 80s music and then . . . . we eat and dance!

dancing-smiley04.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

I want to come over to your place and cook and crank up the 80s music and then . . . . we eat and dance!

dancing-smiley04.gif

Love it! We'll cook the house down and than dance like silly billies! lol

dancing-smiley04.gif

Good times! :D Yaaaaaahhh! Lol!

• Thanks
I cook fine and we can pay for a cleaner. Other than making it, I'm not great with money.

Financial skills.

dancing-smiley04.gif

I had a Thanksgiving Dinner party for 15 last Saturday and we ended up putting 80's internet radio on and singing/dancing all night. It was amazing!

dancing-smiley04.gif

I had a Thanksgiving Dinner party for 15 last Saturday and we ended up putting 80's internet radio on and singing/dancing all night. It was amazing!

That sounds awesome! :) *thumbs up* Good food, good friends, good music, and dancing! How can you go wrong?

• Thanks

dancing-smiley04.gif

That one thing I love about my wife. She is a great dancer. She went to a performing arts school from 7th to 12th grade.

She can move.

On our first date, as soon as she got in the door we started dancing together.

Later that evening we were dancing while painting each other with glow in the dark body paint under black light. Best first date I ever had.

Last edited:
... don't make me go there Jake....
And your French maid outfit. Or your accountant get up with your hair in a bun and wearing horned rim eye glasses. Ah, if only they were aware of the smouldering Bonzi inside.

Jake... I can't believe you.... shame shame! :eusa_naughty:
What? If you are really not good in those three areas, then excel in that which you are and make him forget about them in some . . . way. Yeah?

I'm funny and unpredictable... that's about it!

Funny ha-ha, or funny 24 hour forced observation?

funny haha or funny strange is what we used to say.....
in my case, not much difference.....

Which of these 3 things ONLY are MOST important for you for a spouse to have as a strong quality?

(1) Cooking Skills
(2) Housekeeping Skills

Just sayin...those are all kind of boring.
I can cook very well, and like to do so...that is less important.
Housekeeping is important, but not as much as financial.
Financial wherewithal is above those by a long shot.

(1) Cooking Skills
(2) Housekeeping Skills

Just sayin...those are all kind of boring.
I can cook very well, and like to do so...that is less important.
Housekeeping is important, but not as much as financial.
Financial wherewithal is above those by a long shot.

I agree - the interesting topics are more sexual in nature (but) - maybe even personality types....
I could go there.... I think I have done something like that in the past already.....

Forum List

Back