Which is Better?

No one risks everything to open a business in order to help the country.

None of you are going to be there to help if a business fails are you?

No one is going to risk anything until a government secures the location and maintains some basic infrastructure like roads and schools. Not in this day and age.

Not true. Many businesses have opened factories where there are no roads and no schools. They built those things themselves.

Many? Would you be so kind as to link a few examples?

True. Gasoline is an incredibly powerful tool that has the power to multiply productivity as well as burn everything down.

Better learn how to use the tools, Monkeys. They're not just going to go away.

True, but it's terrible for eating. That's why you don't eat it. For the same reason, you don't use government to meddle in the economy. The results are always bad.

True. Gasoline is an incredibly powerful tool that has the power to multiply productivity as well as burn everything down.

True, but it's terrible for eating. That's why you don't eat it. For the same reason, you don't use government to meddle in the economy. The results are always bad.

So maintaining infrastructure and providing security and justice in the market place should be the responsibility of who, exactly?

No one risks everything to open a business in order to help the country.

None of you are going to be there to help if a business fails are you?

A business can write off its losses. So yeah, we are all "there" to help a business that fails.

So you think the tax code is tantamount to the country helping a failed business?

Now that's funny.

Funny like a heart attack? The tax code certainly does help business, as you well know.

Joe sez.... the only thing worse than misusing the tool called government is fearing it from a distance.

I have an up close view of it, and I see plenty to fear.

So two and only two choices do you have... live in fear, or learn how to use the tool.

I guess it's good to have choices, at least.

Not drinking gasoline is "living in fear?"

We've learned how to use government. We've learned that it's counter productive to use it for meddling in the economy, period. that's what the historical record shows.

only if you're really, really ignorant....

reality: corporations don't make toys and goods and other products safe for consumer use absent regulation.

companies don't make public nutrition absent regulation

landlords don't get lead out of apartments without regulation

workplaces aren't safe without regulation

workers don't get safety equipment without regulation.

feel free to live in dickensian england or 1900's cities...

the rest of us enjoy being civilized and not having to worry about things like 10 year old children being locked into sweathouses.

So maintaining infrastructure and providing security and justice in the market place should be the responsibility of who, exactly?

What the hell is "justice in the marketplace?" Justice is justice.

Business can provide its own security and its own infrastructure.

However, if government provided all of the above, that would be far, far, far less than what it does now.

Funny like a heart attack? The tax code certainly does help business, as you well know.

Wrong. It only injures some businesses less than others.

that is absolutely absurd. (and the word is inures, not injures)

it inures to all businesses. it just benefits some MORE than others (eg, farms)

"Injures" is the word I meant to use. The tax code only injures businesses. It doesn't help any of them. However, by allowing some business to pay less than others, it injures them less.

Farms receive subsidies. That isn't a product of the tax code.

So two and only two choices do you have... live in fear, or learn how to use the tool.

We've learned how to use government. We've learned that it's counter productive to use it for meddling in the economy, period. that's what the historical record shows.

I disagree. The historical record shows that a government that ensures some measure of justice in the market can and will increase economic productivity. The historic record also shows that government can be used by the greedy to ensure certain measures of protectionism and corruption in the market place, resulting in economic stagnation.

Government is a necessary and powerful tool that, like a gun, is dangerous when misused.

Education.
Education.​
Education.​

only if you're really, really ignorant....

reality: corporations don't make toys and goods and other products safe for consumer use absent regulation.

Yes they do.

companies don't make public nutrition absent regulation

I have no idea what the hell "making public nutrition" entails. However, corporations market a vast cornucopia of nutritious food. Just check out your local grocery market.

landlords don't get lead out of apartments without regulation

They do if they don't want to be sued.

workplaces aren't safe without regulation

sure they are. Corporations and insurance companies have more to do with making work places safer than government regulations. They do it because workplace accidents are expensive.

workers don't get safety equipment without regulation.

Yes they do.

feel free to live in dickensian england or 1900's cities...

Dickensian was a vast improvement over what existed previously. If people didn't want to work in factories, then why did they flock to them?

the rest of us enjoy being civilized and not having to worry about things like 10 year old children being locked into sweathouses.

You mean sweatshops, and locking anyone in a building is tantamount to kidnapping and against the law. No one was ever locked in a sweatshop. They went there voluntarily, so it must have been better than the alternative.

I disagree. The historical record shows that a government that ensures some measure of justice in the market can and will increase economic productivity. The historic record also shows that government can be used by the greedy to ensure certain measures of protectionism and corruption in the market place, resulting in economic stagnation.

Government is a necessary and powerful tool that, like a gun, is dangerous when misused.

Education.
Education.​
Education.​

What the hell is "justice in the market?" How does it differ from just plain justice? Protectionism and corruption is all government achieves whenever it meddles in the market. It certainly never achieved anything resembling "justice."

An absense of government seems to scare people like you.

It's a question of use. The People banding together to use the tool of government to maintain infrastructure, educate the Monkey spawn and ensure justice is a good thing.

Fearing 'government' is like fearing a gun or a chain saw. Without the hands of a Monkey on the trigger, it's just a tool on the shelf, nothing to fear.

I advise you to fear the Monkeys wielding the tools, not the tools.

Education.
Education.​
Education.​

What the hell is "justice in the market?" How does it differ from just plain justice? Protectionism and corruption is all government achieves whenever it meddles in the market. It certainly never achieved anything resembling "justice."

Whose fault is that in a democracy?

Market place justice - Just one example:
In re Silicone Gel Breast Implants Products Liability Litigation | Casebriefs

`

An absense of government seems to scare people like you.

It's a question of use. The People banding together to use the tool of government to maintain infrastructure, educate the Monkey spawn and ensure justice is a good thing.

Fearing 'government' is like fearing a gun or a chain saw. Without the hands of a Monkey on the trigger, it's just a tool on the shelf, nothing to fear.

I advise you to fear the Monkeys wielding the tools, not the tools.

Yep, and you would never want a monkey to get his hands on a gun. That's why we don't want people like you using government to meddle in business. You don't know what the hell you're doing, and you are easily bamboozled by politicians. that's how we ended up with huge swindles like Social Security and Obamacare.

Education.
Education.​
Education.​

Whose fault is that in a democracy?

Market place justice - Just one example:
In re Silicone Gel Breast Implants Products Liability Litigation | Casebriefs

`

No one is arguing against using the court system here. But the court system is one thing, government regulations and meddling in the market are another.

Forum List

Back