Where's Your Stafford Act Money????

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by mudwhistle, Oct 3, 2012.

1. mudwhistle

mudwhistle Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,220
    In a video from 2007 that would have refuted the proposition that Obama would be the first post-racial president it shows Obama blatantly race-baiting an almost exclusively black audience. He's seen telling the audience that New Orleans was getting screwed by the government when in fact New Orleans has gotten $108 billion dollars to repair itself and the other states he mentioned only a fraction of that. VIDEO: Obama speech praises Wright, attacks feds on Katrina | The Daily Caller

The video at that Daily Caller won't load so here is a you tube version.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efi0bg97T5s]Obama 2007: '911 Victims Treated Better Than Victims of Hurricane Katrina' - YouTube[/ame]

This is not news to me but I think it may be news to some. It shows Obama claiming that because popular opinion said so, that New Orleans was getting screwed because New Orleans was black. It doesn't take into account all of the blacks that died during 9/11 or any of the blacks that were left homeless after hurricane Andrew. It's a classic case of race-baiting and I'm sure it would have sunk Obama's bid for president if it had come to light before the 2008 election.

2. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    He's absolutely right.

The victims of 911 were treated better than any victims of natural disaster (or wars) in US history.

I do NOT think that's because most of those victims in NO were Black, though.

I think its because most of the victims of the 911 event worked for the MASTERS OF CAPITAL at the WTO.

Doubt me?

Well, how well were the civilian casualties of Pearl Harbor treated?

Did they get great big fat checks for their sorrows?

Hell no! they did not.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  3. mudwhistle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,220
    New Orleans was being treated like every other disaster till they started showing videos of blacks wading through muddy water. Then the media saw an opportunity and jumped on it.

All of the sudden an area that has a very diverse racial makeup became exclusively black and opportunistic race-baiters like Obama jumped on it.

Billions of taxpayer dollars was pumped into New Orleans. People were getting government debit cards and paying for cosmetic surgery with them. The amounts just don't compare.

4. mudwhistle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,220
    The point is Obama first made his bones by being another Al Sharpton and then proceeded to con everyone into thinking he was different.

As Joe Biden said; "He's clean and articulate".

He's also a racist.

5. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,607
    C'mon, mudwhistle. Put the thread title in the proper context of Barry's speech.

Where be yo Stafford Act Money????

6. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Nor were they entitled to any aid. The Stafford Act was enacted in 1988, it was developed out of the Disaster and Relief Act of 1974. What was the provision that would have given aid to the victims of Pearl Harbor in 1944?

7. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    So Reagan Did the Stafford act?

8. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,718
    I worked as a volunteer during the aftermath of Katrina. For weeks, I filled out paperwork issued debit cards and authorizations for medication refills. Then after a long days work for NO PAY I'd come home turn on the tv see people like Kanye West saying shit about Bush doesn't care about black people. It went on and on and on about how whites were evil and oppressive blah blah blah. that's when I threw in the towel. wtf?

9. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    I worked as a volunteer during the aftermath of Katrina. I refuse to help people (not a single dime) but I did volunteer cleaning up abandoned pets for adoption. I never threw in the towel. HAD I done anything to help people, I surely would have thrown in the towel over the congressional hearings on how white people blew up the levees.

10. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,718
    I remember that. Good on you for helping the animals.