Where did the cooling go?

And that has to do with the rapid reduction of sea ice we are presently seeing? However, we can get temperatures for the Arctic for those periods from various proxies, and those temperatures were nowhere near as warm as today.

41597_2014_Article_BFsdata201426_Fig2_HTML.jpg

An extended Arctic proxy temperature database for the past 2,000 years

The last time it was this warm.....the runaway greenhouse effect killed all life on Earth.

And that has to do with the rapid reduction of sea ice we are presently seeing? However, we can get temperatures for the Arctic for those periods from various proxies, and those temperatures were nowhere near as warm as today.

The last time it was this warm.....the runaway greenhouse effect killed all life on Earth.

Mars too!
Uranus got hit bigtime!

ROTFLMFAO!

The last time I saw a post this stupid, you posted it. LOL No, rapid warming has never killed all life on Earth. 95% of all species one time, but not all life.

The last time I saw a post this stupid, you posted it. LOL No, rapid warming has never killed all life on Earth. 95% of all species one time, but not all life.
Was that surviving 5% counted 2 by 2? LOL!

How much ice should there be? ... I see the median ice, what about average, center, standard deviation ... why only 30 years? ... ice flow direction and speed? ...

No, rapid warming has never killed all life on Earth.

The runaway warming wasn't irreversible either?

You have a dictionary in google. Use it, Frankie boi.

Why can't you tell us what the "Average" temperature of the Arctic is supposed to be? You pretend the Arctic is 2C "Warmer" and I ask warmer than what? What's this fictional Arctic average that we're supposedly 2C above normal? Ask mamooth

gfs_nh-sat1_t2anom_1-day.png

And some blind bat sees 70% cooling. Now that is what you call complete self delusion. LOL

In the real world, here's what's red in the Arctic

Cape Uelne (N) 18F
Kotel Is (E) -22F
Nord (S) -17F
Sachs Harbor (W) -4F

Arctic Weather Map
LOL Frankie boi, here is that map. Now you can clearly see that the majority of the temperatures are well above average for most of the Arctic.

Arctic Weather Map

Thule Air Base 25 F
Gambell Airport 34 F
Barrow Airport 1 F
Bjornoya Island 28 F

blank.gif
What's the average temperature? 30 degree difference in those numbers.

How much ice should there be? ... I see the median ice, what about average, center, standard deviation ... why only 30 years? ... ice flow direction and speed? ...
That is as long as we have had satellites taking pictures. And that is 1979, so it is nearly 40 years. If you look on these charts, you will see two standard deviations;

e Update
Read scientific analysis on Arctic sea ice conditions. We provide an update during the first week of each month, or more frequently as conditions warrant.

ABOUT THESE IMAGES

Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis | Sea ice data updated daily with one-day lag

Click for high-resolution image. —Credit: National Snow and Ice Data Center

Antarctic daily images

You've just reposted the graphs and charts that generated my questions ... you haven't tried to answer them ... I see the snap-shot of the ice pack, I see the orange lines that show the median ice pack ... but you used the word "should" ... what physics requires the ice pack to be at it's median? ... why not it's average? ... and why "should" the ice pack be exactly average? ...

... and how are you correcting for a rather large Arctic oscillation we've been experiencing these past few years? ... or El Nino effects? ... with these fluctuating wildly, why shouldn't ice pack be outside the second deviation? ...

What the hell do you mean, correcting for the arctic oscillation? The ice is where it is, you cannot stretch or reduce it to 'correct' for either the Enso or the arctic oscillation. And the ice has seen dramatic reduction, summer and winter, in the last 30 years;

Let me remind you of your claim in post #169:

Way less ice than there should be at this time of year. And thinner ice, also.

Why should there be more ice today? ... or do you wish to withdraw or modify the claim? ...

ClimateisChanging.jpg

Stupid climate fear mongers.
Lets just ignore the inconvenient truth that it's been changing FOR 4.5 BILLION YEARS

And in about 1 billion years, the sun will have evaporated all the oceans and sterilized the planet...

If not for their stupidity, these Leftist Climate fear mongers would have no mental ability at all :rolleyes:

Let me remind you of your claim in post #169:

Way less ice than there should be at this time of year. And thinner ice, also.

Why should there be more ice today? ... or do you wish to withdraw or modify the claim? ...
In a warming world, the ice will be where it is at today. However, in a cooling world, which so many here claim is happening, the ice extent and thickness would be increasing. And why should I wish to withdraw or modify a claim that is completely backed up by visual evidence from satellites, as well as people on the ground and sea? Perhaps you should explain why you would even ask such a question.

View attachment 292189

Stupid climate fear mongers.
Lets just ignore the inconvenient truth that it's been changing FOR 4.5 BILLION YEARS

And in about 1 billion years, the sun will have evaporated all the oceans and sterilized the planet...

If not for their stupidity, these Leftist Climate fear mongers would have no mental ability at all :rolleyes:

Try a little harder. I am sure you can say something that is even dumber than that. Climate changes for reasons, one of which is the amount of GHGs in the atmosphere. And we have added as much GHGs as is the difference between and interglacial and a continental glacial period. But you are going to ignore that and flap yap your denier nonsense.

Warmer on the West Coast ? Where? I'm on the west coast. It's freezing. So far two days of freezing rain.

Oh my goodness, heavens to Betsy, wonder of wonders, a cold snap at the end of November on the West Coast. Never has happened before.

Forum List

Back