Where are the Liberals on this board?

And yet unemployment continues to rise.

How can it not rise, when businesses and industry are closing? What part of that very simple scenario don't you people get?

In any recession cycle, unemployment is always the last to improve anyway. And this is not a normal recession. I suppose next you're going to try to convince me it is.

Yet if the economy were really improving then the unemployment numbers would be going down. The fact is that the government has done all the wrong things and has simply made this downturn last longer than it needs to and has made it worse.

And let us welcome the newest member to the partisan troll crew that is ignorant enough to be worthy of going on the ignore list.... Bfgrn
The ignore list keeps growing with a growing number of trolls and idiots:
Bobo the assclown, Chris/Kirkybot, Orange_Juice, Sunni Man, Agitate the Prostate, KMAN, Truth Don't Matter, DevNell, Yukon, Iriemon, Bfgrn, and AmericaFirst...
Join the cause and add these posters to your ignore list as well..

Translation...when you can't beat 'em...cut & run, QUIT...(Sarah style)

You can beat a head horse too.. does you no good... arguing or proving to a closed mind idiot only results in their continued regurgitating of the same debunked crap.. I.E. pulling a Chris

Exactly! They expect Obama to clean up the failures of the previous administration in six months. Where were they when mistakes were being made? They say they were this critical of the Bush administration but I really don't see it.

Most conservatives WERE INDEED critical of Bush going against conservative principles...

And while some mistakes were of Bush.. many were also indeed mistakes of the DEMs.. lest we forget his blindfold approach to Freddie and Fannie...

Plenty of blame to go around... and not because of party.. because of increased government intervention for the purpose of keeping more government power over the citizens of t

Fannie & Freddie were an infinitesimal part of the collapse of the economy. Have you really gone no further with all the mountains of investigative material on this subject that you continue to place the blame there? Unbelievable.

I can continue to give examples.. thought simply 1 would suffice in terms of the subject at hand... to a normal person with some common sense, it would

Things are turning around.

And funny, we were telling you the exact same shit about the Iraq war. And the money we spend on Iraq disappears. Even Haloburton moved their HQ to Dubai so they could avoid paying US taxes. Obama's money is being spent in America, is putting people to work, is fixing our infrastructure, and will eventually find its way back to the treasury. You're just a hater.

Trust me, we have enough money for the important things if we will just stop pissing our money away on things that are not necessary. For one, the war on drugs. We could solve all our problems if we just made pot legal.

But "the man" uses the war on drugs to steal from you and me. And they got you convinced that pot is a problem.

Things are turning around?? You're sure smoking something.:lol:

Just what are you expecting? What are your solutions? How many times have we asked these same questions, and they are NEVER answered by any of you. Yet you expect Obama and "libs" to have immediate remedies and at no further cost. How absurd.

Don't pretend to be interested in my expectations. I don't have to offer any solutions in order to mock the absurdity of such a claim.

Most conservatives WERE INDEED critical of Bush going against conservative principles...

And while some mistakes were of Bush.. many were also indeed mistakes of the DEMs.. lest we forget his blindfold approach to Freddie and Fannie...

Plenty of blame to go around... and not because of party.. because of increased government intervention for the purpose of keeping more government power over the citizens of t

Fannie & Freddie were an infinitesimal part of the collapse of the economy. Have you really gone no further with all the mountains of investigative material on this subject that you continue to place the blame there? Unbelievable.

I wouldn't say infinitesimal, but they certainly weren't the main cause.

Well thank you. That's progress. The reason I say F&F were a small part of the problem is that Federal Reserve records show that the mortgage failure actually happened as Fannie & Freddie had reduced their holdings of subprime mortgages from 48% to 24% between 2004 and 2006. In fact, in 2005 and 2006, private investment banks stopped using Fannie & Freddie for two-thirds of all the mortgages they initiated, preferring instead to package them into those questionable mortgage-backed securities.

You want a stimulas? First, pass single payer health, then small businesses can be competative with large businesses in attracting good people. Then commit our nation to becoming energy independent. Address the issue of greenhouse gases while doing that. Both goals require developing technology that is eminently exportable at a profit.

But we will do neither. And you wigged out wingnuts will declare a wonderful victory as China seizes leadership in this century. What a bunch of failed people you are. What a terrible destruction you have wrought on this nation. No foreign philosophy or dictator has harmed this nation as greatly as you Conservative idiots have. And you continue to do so.

You are the root of the present economic debacle. And you are rooting for the failure of our nation, just to bring down someone that the majority voted in office. Just as you cheered for treason in the Plame case. Do you realize what you look like to those of us that are sane? What a bunch of pathetic losers and hateful people you Conservatives truly are.

come to California Rocks and then tell me how wonderful liberalism is....LIBERALISM has failed this State BIG TIME....

Trust me, we have enough money for the important things if we will just stop pissing our money away on things that are not necessary. For one, the war on drugs. We could solve all our problems if we just made pot legal.

But "the man" uses the war on drugs to steal from you and me. And they got you convinced that pot is a problem.

whos the "man"Bobo?.....

And the stimulus is doing such a fine job of putting people back to work, now isn't it? Obama claimed 8 percent was the highest unemployment would go if we JUST passed his bill. It is now approaching 10 percent with no sign of slowing down.

should have given the american taxpayer and those unemployed a nice hunk of cash to throw around instead of giving it to all those gready rich people and failed corporations....it would have gone back into the system doing some real stimulas.....thats change i can believe in...

Oh riiiight. So now the cons are advocating "throwing money at the problem"????? Say WHAAAAT??? Isn't that what you despise about evil libs in the first place?

It wouldn't work anyway. The mindset of the American consumer up until the first of this year was spend spend spend, and when the green stuff is gone, charge charge charge. So what would they do? Spend the free money in a heartbeat, then run up the ol' credit cards again. Back to Square One.

you know what Maggie as far as im concerned by what you just said, your one of those people who say the government knows whats best for you.....and i CAN GIVE A FLYING FUCK about those amongst us who would take say $25,000 and blow it,instead of paying off some bills.....FUCK THOSE people,they get what they deserve....and for the 50th fucking time...I AM NOT A CONSERVATIVE!!!!!!!....

Most of the stimulus has yet to be spent. Most of it won't be spent this year. Let's hold off on any more government spending before we actually spend what we've already committed to spend.

Oh, and cut payroll taxes.

We'll see what they get around to doing with the stimulus, so far, not so good:

As for 'holding off' on additional, doesn't seem to be the plan:

Bloomberg.com: News

They will try to push this through:

Democrats Split on Stimulus as Job Losses Mount, Deficit Soars

By Matthew Benjamin

July 8 (Bloomberg) -- Democrats who control the levers of power in Washington are divided over whether to push for more deficit spending to end the recession and stem job losses, complicating the possibility of a second stimulus bill.

“We need to be open to whether or not we need further action,” House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, a Maryland Democrat, told reporters yesterday. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada countered that “there is no showing to me that another stimulus is needed.”

President Barack Obama underscored the dilemma by addressing both sides of the argument. In an interview with ABC News yesterday, he said unemployment approaching 10 percent is something “we wrestle with constantly.” He added that spending more borrowed money is “potentially counterproductive.”...

Annie, the GAO graph SCREAMS out the need for health care reform... it is eating us alive...

Annie, the GAO graph SCREAMS out the need for health care reform... it is eating us alive...

:lol:

Reform is not a government plan. That would be a new system, one that is lose/lose. Higher costs, lower level care.

Reform is not a government plan. That would be a new system, one that is lose/lose. Higher costs, lower level care.

Do you always speak from your anal sphincter Annie?

Now there is the typical post I expect from you. I thought there were too many this morning that almost made sense.

Now there is the typical post I expect from you. I thought there were too many this morning that almost made sense.

That's because it followed "the typical post I expect from you"

If you have no solutions or ideas, then you are just flapping your pie hole...

Whatever. You asked for no solutions or ideas. Thus, I gave you my opinion on your post. Often works like that for most. However, for some, present company included, when you have no response you go for name calling.

Whatever. You asked for no solutions or ideas. Thus, I gave you my opinion on your post. Often works like that for most. However, for some, present company included, when you have no response you go for name calling.

Well Annie, I said "the GAO graph SCREAMS out the need for health care reform... it is eating us alive..."

You basically said in angst "Ohhhhhhhh, we CAN'T..."

Hey, maybe it can just heal itself...let's PRAY for it Annie...

You want a stimulus? First, pass single payer health, then small businesses can be competitive with large businesses in attracting good people. Then commit our nation to becoming energy independent. Address the issue of greenhouse gases while doing that. Both goals require developing technology that is eminently exportable at a profit.
Socialized medicine does not work. It has been tried before and failed.

Cap and Trade does not work. It has been tried before and failed.
Old Rocks said:
But we will do neither.
Oh, I don't know. Obama and his fellow Marxist asshole buddies will see to it that all is controlled by the government, that the government continues to grow and require more government administrators (paid by ever-increasing taxes on the masses) and that we drive American business out of same.

Old Rocks said:
And you wigged out wingnuts will declare a wonderful victory as China seizes leadership in this century.
China is having its own set of problems. China will be decades behind democratic countries forever.

Old Rocks said:
What a bunch of failed people you are.
Failure to defeat the liberal vote buyers is our only shortcoming.

Old Rocks said:
What a terrible destruction you have wrought on this nation. No foreign philosophy or dictator has harmed this nation as greatly as you Conservative idiots have.
Apparently, you are no student of history. Conservatives have held this country together despite the efforts of liberal asses to tear it down. We have maintained the military strength that is required to survive as a free nation in this world of mongrels and egoists that control the irrational countries despite the efforts of stupid liberals to essentially lay down our arms. We have protected the rights of the people as given in our Constitution despite the efforts of liberal assholes to have them removed.

And you continue to do so.
We will continue to fight liberalism wherever it is shown to be opposed to the Constitution or common sense in the dispensing of governmental services.
Old Rocks said:
You are the root of the present economic debacle.
Hardly so. The root cause of the housing debacle lies in the operations and lack of oversight in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac...two of the fattest cash cows for Democrats that have come along in the past century. Franklin Raines skimmed off 90 or so million dollars with his two-sets-of-books routine. Barney Frank kept his love-butty in business setting up the sub-prime mortgage debacle so he and his cronies could continue to siphon funds from the system.

Where are your facts supporting your ridiculous claims?

Old Rocks said:
And you are rooting for the failure of our nation, just to bring down someone that the majority voted in office.
Clearly, you are speaking of the tactics of Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi, Waxman, Frank and the remainder of the liberal assholes in congress.

Old Rocks said:
Just as you cheered for treason in the Plame case. Do you realize what you look like to those of us that are sane?
It is quite expected of you to consider yourself sane. However, in this case, you are delusional.

Old Rocks said:
What a bunch of pathetic losers and hateful people you Conservatives truly are.
What an opinionated pinhead you are.

Where are the liberals? Having fun watching the right wingers ...

tantrum.gif

Personally, I love right wing solutions...they are always so simple minded... if they could only get people to evaporate, they MIGHT work...
Fantasy will get you nowhere.

Where are the liberals? Having fun watching the right wingers ...

tantrum.gif

Personally, I love right wing solutions...they are always so simple minded... if they could only get people to evaporate, they MIGHT work...

Exactly! They expect Obama to clean up the failures of the previous administration in six months. Where were they when mistakes were being made? They say they were this critical of the Bush administration but I really don't see it.
I don't expect Obama to clean up any failures of any origin. I expect him to push his Marxist philosophies as far as he can before he leaves office. I expect him to completely ruin the economy, the military and the government. He's on his way to success in these endeavors.

Well Annie, I said "the GAO graph SCREAMS out the need for health care reform... it is eating us alive..."

Pray? You haven't a clue to where I stand regarding faith or lack of such. Let's just say that anyone with an ounce of comprehension recognizes after years of posting, most evangelicals aren't too keen on my take. But than again, an ounce...

Your analysis of what I posted, leaves more than a bit to be desired, but you keep working on it.

Pray? You haven't a clue to where I stand regarding faith or lack of such. Let's just say that anyone with an ounce of comprehension recognizes after years of posting, most evangelicals aren't too keen on my take. But than again, an ounce...

Your analysis of what I posted, leaves more than a bit to be desired, but you keep working on it.

OK Annie, I will not call you any names, but I refuse to continue listening to you vacillate... SO, let me hear YOUR solutions to OUR health care crisis

OK Annie, I will not call you any names, but I refuse to continue listening to you vacillate... SO, let me hear YOUR solutions to OUR health care crisis

Well since I've no more control than you, can only give my ideas. BTW, it wasn't I that was vacillating, it was you that just went on attack for no reason.

Reform should begin with removing insurance from normal doctor visits and emergency care. Physicals, inoculations, stitches, broken bones, strep, eye exams, etc. Docs should get paid up front, without paperwork to insurance companies. That would most definitely lower costs. Wouldn't need tons of 'assistants' just to deal with insurance.

For those that have a need base reason for assistance in costs, the state should put something in place. There should also be a higher co-pay for those need based recipients, if they choose to go to emergency room over regular doctor when applicable.

Hospitalization should be covered under catastrophic policies. People should be able to choose their deductibles, whether provided by employer or self. Policies should be portable and no exceptions for pre-existing conditions.

There should be caps on 'pain and suffering' regarding malpractice. It's for the care of the patient, not making a familial generation rich. Thus tort reform would lower not only insurance, but costs of medical care throughout the system, as doctors premiums would also come down.

That's off the top of my head.

Forum List

Back