Where are the Liberals on this board?

As the Vice President admits what we already knew that the Dems did not know what they were talking about in regards the economy and the stimulus package, where are the Libs that have been INSISTING all was fine?

While Obama created a budget so bloated as to be ignorant as hell, and now we are borrowing 50 cents on every dollar the Government spends, where are those libs that whined and cried about Bush and deficit spending? Or are you still going to resort to the tired old calim that while we are spending 3 times as much as Bush ever spent it is good cause it is spent in the US?

Where is Jillian? Not a single thread that has shown the current administration tanking as had a single comment from our Liberal lawyer that INSISTED Obama was the savior.

How long before the Dems propose stim II?

The House's No. 2 Democrat said Sunday that he is not satisfied with the results of the stimulus so far, but it's too soon to consider a second package since not all of the $787 billion has been released yet.

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, D-Md., said the Obama administration inherited an economy that saw 2 million jobs lost in the three months before President Obama took office.

He said only 130 days have passed since the stimulus was enacted and it needs more time to work.

"I don't think anybody can honestly say that we're satisfied with the results so far of the stimulus. But we believe the stimulus was absolutely essential," Hoyer said on "FOX News Sunday."

"We have to get the money that is already in the stimulus bill out, and we're looking at that. ... We certainly want to see how this develops over the next few months."

Obama said last week that the recovery act was designed to make sure that local districts didn't lay off teachers, firefighters, police officers and others, and the stimulus has succeeded in that.

But House Minority Leader John Boehner said the president had pledged to stop unemployment before it rose above 8 percent. Last week, the Bureau of Labor Statistics said the jobless rate is now 9.5 percent, with more than 14 million people out of work.

Hoyer: Stimulus Slow to Create Jobs, But Time is Not Ripe for New Package - Political News - FOXNews.com

If they wanted a stimulus that would've worked, they should have given everyone buying a new car a $5000 tax credit.

They have to be working to be able to afford new car payments, job creation first. Also, I never did like the tax credit schemes, give them $5000 off the cars which they seem to be doing around here anyway.

If they wanted a stimulus that would've worked, they should have given everyone buying a new car a $5000 tax credit.

They have to be working to be able to afford new car payments, job creation first. Also, I never did like the tax credit schemes, give them $5000 off the cars which they seem to be doing around here anyway.

And the stimulus is doing such a fine job of putting people back to work, now isn't it? Obama claimed 8 percent was the highest unemployment would go if we JUST passed his bill. It is now approaching 10 percent with no sign of slowing down.

And the stimulus is doing such a fine job of putting people back to work, now isn't it? Obama claimed 8 percent was the highest unemployment would go if we JUST passed his bill. It is now approaching 10 percent with no sign of slowing down.

should have given the american taxpayer and those unemployed a nice hunk of cash to throw around instead of giving it to all those gready rich people and failed corporations....it would have gone back into the system doing some real stimulas.....thats change i can believe in...

You want a stimulas? First, pass single payer health, then small businesses can be competative with large businesses in attracting good people. Then commit our nation to becoming energy independent. Address the issue of greenhouse gases while doing that. Both goals require developing technology that is eminently exportable at a profit.

But we will do neither. And you wigged out wingnuts will declare a wonderful victory as China seizes leadership in this century. What a bunch of failed people you are. What a terrible destruction you have wrought on this nation. No foreign philosophy or dictator has harmed this nation as greatly as you Conservative idiots have. And you continue to do so.

You are the root of the present economic debacle. And you are rooting for the failure of our nation, just to bring down someone that the majority voted in office. Just as you cheered for treason in the Plame case. Do you realize what you look like to those of us that are sane? What a bunch of pathetic losers and hateful people you Conservatives truly are.

Where are the liberals? Having fun watching the right wingers ...

tantrum.gif

Personally, I love right wing solutions...they are always so simple minded... if they could only get people to evaporate, they MIGHT work...

You want a stimulas? First, pass single payer health, then small businesses can be competative with large businesses in attracting good people. Then commit our nation to becoming energy independent. Address the issue of greenhouse gases while doing that. Both goals require developing technology that is eminently exportable at a profit.

But we will do neither. And you wigged out wingnuts will declare a wonderful victory as China seizes leadership in this century. What a bunch of failed people you are. What a terrible destruction you have wrought on this nation. No foreign philosophy or dictator has harmed this nation as greatly as you Conservative idiots have. And you continue to do so.

You are the root of the present economic debacle. And you are rooting for the failure of our nation, just to bring down someone that the majority voted in office. Just as you cheered for treason in the Plame case. Do you realize what you look like to those of us that are sane? What a bunch of pathetic losers and hateful people you Conservatives truly are.

Alzheimers medication not working this morning?

the obamalama ding dong promised to create or save 3.5 million.. so far there have been about 6 million lost. We are approaching 10% unemployment. damn that obamalama good

Sounds like you need some personal stimulation to release all of that pent up frustration you're feeling.

To the original question in the title:

The real liberals are just sick of the vapid annoying and oft wrong neo-libs that think they know what liberalism is that they are hiding amongst the smartasses and assholes because it's too embarrassing to be compared to the neos on either side.

tantrum.gif

Personally, I love right wing solutions...they are always so simple minded... if they could only get people to evaporate, they MIGHT work...

Exactly! They expect Obama to clean up the failures of the previous administration in six months. Where were they when mistakes were being made? They say they were this critical of the Bush administration but I really don't see it.

My parents have a place up in Port Austin. Right on Lake Huron. They said the town is being revitalized because of the stimulus package. People are working, fixing up the town and there were more people in town this 4th than have been in years.

Looks like Obama is turning around the economy.

My parents have a place up in Port Austin. Right on Lake Huron. They said the town is being revitalized because of the stimulus package. People are working, fixing up the town and there were more people in town this 4th than have been in years.

Yet all the major cities where the majority of people in this country live and work are still failing, only now we have no money left for emergencies .... go figure ...

tantrum.gif

Exactly! They expect Obama to clean up the failures of the previous administration in six months. Where were they when mistakes were being made? They say they were this critical of the Bush administration but I really don't see it.

Wixom -- The Ford Wixom Assembly Plant may get new life as the auto company considers proposals to redevelop the 318-acre property that's been vacant for two years.

City Manager Mike Dornan said Ford Motor Co. is discussing redevelopment of the plant with "at least two" interested developers and has kept the city informed "every step of the way."

Deal sought to redevelop Ford plant in Wixom | detnews.com | The Detroit News

Michigan is slowly turning around and getting better. The GOP tried to kill us but we won't die.

The roughly $750-million development is composed of two aspects: an alternative energy development park, research and technology component as well as a separate entertainment component, Dornan said. He would not comment on how long negotiations have been in the works, or whether a deal is imminent.

Yet all the major cities where the majority of people in this country live and work are still failing, only now we have no money left for emergencies .... go figure ...

Things are turning around.

And funny, we were telling you the exact same shit about the Iraq war. And the money we spend on Iraq disappears. Even Haloburton moved their HQ to Dubai so they could avoid paying US taxes. Obama's money is being spent in America, is putting people to work, is fixing our infrastructure, and will eventually find its way back to the treasury. You're just a hater.

Trust me, we have enough money for the important things if we will just stop pissing our money away on things that are not necessary. For one, the war on drugs. We could solve all our problems if we just made pot legal.

But "the man" uses the war on drugs to steal from you and me. And they got you convinced that pot is a problem.

The housing bust is a huge part of the problem. Builders can't build more homes because no one is buying.

And home values are down. And people aren't getting credit to buy homes.

And people are still losing jobs, and jobs are still going overseas, so people are still losing their homes. But now it isn't just poor people. Now its upper middle class people that are losing their homes.

I would love to hear your solution to the housing problem. I bet you haven't a clue what to do. Yet you expect that Obama should have already solved this problem by now?

Tell us what you would do regarding jobs in the major cities. I can't wait to hear this.

And funny, we were telling you the exact same shit about the Iraq war. And the money we spend on Iraq disappears. Even Haloburton moved their HQ to Dubai so they could avoid paying US taxes. Obama's money is being spent in America, is putting people to work, is fixing our infrastructure, and will eventually find its way back to the treasury. You're just a hater.

Trust me, we have enough money for the important things if we will just stop pissing our money away on things that are not necessary. For one, the war on drugs. We could solve all our problems if we just made pot legal.

But "the man" uses the war on drugs to steal from you and me. And they got you convinced that pot is a problem.

Things are turning around?? You're sure smoking something.:lol:

Most of the stimulus has yet to be spent. Most of it won't be spent this year. Let's hold off on any more government spending before we actually spend what we've already committed to spend.

Oh, and cut payroll taxes.

Things are turning around?? You're sure smoking something.:lol:

Seattle is still falling apart, California ... they're a lost caused ...

Booboo though thinks that "turning around" is when unemployment benefits run out.

As the Vice President admits what we already knew that the Dems did not know what they were talking about in regards the economy and the stimulus package, where are the Libs that have been INSISTING all was fine?

While Obama created a budget so bloated as to be ignorant as hell, and now we are borrowing 50 cents on every dollar the Government spends, where are those libs that whined and cried about Bush and deficit spending? Or are you still going to resort to the tired old calim that while we are spending 3 times as much as Bush ever spent it is good cause it is spent in the US?

Where is Jillian? Not a single thread that has shown the current administration tanking as had a single comment from our Liberal lawyer that INSISTED Obama was the savior.

I am still here, just been visiting another message board driving the cons and wingnuts over there insane!:tongue:

Forum List

Back