Where Are the Feminists in the Palin-Letterman War?

Brn2bfree

Apr 1, 2009

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, FOX NEWS HOST: Does Dave get it? Was that an apology or really a lame excuse? Now, everyone is talking about the sex joke David Letterman made about Governor Sarah Palin, and worse, about her 14-year-old daughter. Last weekend, while she was in New York, Governor Palin took her 14-year- old to a Yankee game. And this week, in his monologue, David Letterman made a raunchy sexual joke about the governor's daughter being knocked up by a Yankee baseball player.

Letterman now claims he was talking about the governor's 18-year-old daughter, Bristol, not her 14-year-old. Really, Dave? You think your remarks about sex and getting knocked up are OK if they are directed at an 18-year-old woman and not a 14-year-old? That makes it OK?

Well, here's what Letterman said. You decide if this is dripping with sarcasm, like I just was, or whether it is genuinely sorry and that he gets it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well folks ....they don't have the balls...(fortitude) to say anything. There's a double standard, ..... people with common sense know this.
Yes, if it was a conservative who said this the NAGS ..FEMINISTS would be fit to be tied! It would be on the news day and night for weeks.

Ahhh..those FEMINISTS...they will be on you side if you're a liberal and If you support abortion on demand.

Feminists, They Are Fierce!​

Those feminists, they are fierce and in your face! You can't live with them and you can't shoot em!!

For two generations feminists have wanted equality. They have wanted to live like men and created the metro sexual man.

They have attempted to castrate men. …Make them more sensitive to gender equality. In the process, they lost their identity; they lost how to be themselves. They lost 'how to be a woman'.

Now, researchers have found that men and women who are equal…are more likely to suffer illness. Man becomes sick because he can't be a man.

You can't fool Mother Nature…and so many times Mother Nature calls…it's time to bare children. Then the feminists hang it up to play mom. Yes folks, so many women lost opportunities…. They may have let Mr. Right slip through their fingers. Now that Mother nature is calling…they will do with Mr. OK for the time being.

To you feminist, what has feminism done for you besides make you Angry? They have told you that men were predators and you couldn't be a sub-servant to them. They told you couldn't be feminine because it looks weak. You couldn't be what nature indented you to be, a sensitive, perceptive and a beautiful woman.

Those feminists, they are fierce and in your face!

as a woman...i am more concern with real issues than palin staying in the spotlight...women are neglected by the medical world....women are killed daily by domestic violence....has palin focused on any of this...or just on herself....

Letterman has an audience that his jokes appeal to and no matter how moronic or distateful his jokes may be, he is in the ratings business. If he thought that calling Sarah Palin any name he could call her to get a laugh given the current political climate and any number of publications that would back these completely uncalled for jokes, would increase his ratings then he will do them. The only choice you have as a viewer is to change the channel or express your opinion otherwise. I'm sure given the fact that these dishornorable jokes were only directed at the young daughter of the wicked Sarah Palin that makes them alright and you will hear no calls for his resignation as with Imus, or no screams for an apology like you heard from an outraged media over other comments made from so called "talking heads" Although this is not a "double standard" because again its only directed at a young teenage girl and it's all in good fun and all the enlightened people had a good laugh over it.

Imagine liberals, that Rush had made that comment in reference to one of Obama's daughters.

thomg.gif
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp221/The_Missourian/USMB/thomg.gif

Imagine liberals, that Rush had made that comment in reference to one of Obama's daughters.

Let's imagine...if Rush said the same thing about the president's daughter. Hmm. Okay, it really wouldn't make sense because a) the president doesn't have a daughter that is a mother and b) the president doesn't promote abstinence.

David Letterman is not a politician, he's a comedian. He wasn't speaking at a political event but you say "imagine liberals...." This matter is between a comedian and a family. Where do the politics come in?

Exactly Missouri. I don't agree with a lot of the BS in the post that opened this thread but the one thing that was spot on is the two faced idiocy of feminist who will cheerfully castrate a Republican or a talk show host who disagrees with them on some issues but who will let slide anything a liberal idiot like Letterman hs to say no matter how it assualts women sensibilities other wise.

They were clamoring for Imus to lose his job, but nary a peep out of 'em when Letterman makes light of borderline pedophilia. The daughter that was actually present at the game is fourteen for pete's sake.

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, FOX NEWS HOST: Does Dave get it? Was that an apology or really a lame excuse? Now, everyone is talking about the sex joke David Letterman made about Governor Sarah Palin, and worse, about her 14-year-old daughter. Last weekend, while she was in New York, Governor Palin took her 14-year- old to a Yankee game. And this week, in his monologue, David Letterman made a raunchy sexual joke about the governor's daughter being knocked up by a Yankee baseball player.

Letterman now claims he was talking about the governor's 18-year-old daughter, Bristol, not her 14-year-old. Really, Dave? You think your remarks about sex and getting knocked up are OK if they are directed at an 18-year-old woman and not a 14-year-old? That makes it OK?

Well, here's what Letterman said. You decide if this is dripping with sarcasm, like I just was, or whether it is genuinely sorry and that he gets it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well folks ....they don't have the balls...(fortitude) to say anything. There's a double standard, ..... people with common sense know this.
Yes, if it was a conservative who said this the NAGS ..FEMINISTS would be fit to be tied! It would be on the news day and night for weeks.

Ahhh..those FEMINISTS...they will be on you side if you're a liberal and If you support abortion on demand.

Feminists, They Are Fierce!​

Those feminists, they are fierce and in your face! You can't live with them and you can't shoot em!!

For two generations feminists have wanted equality. They have wanted to live like men and created the metro sexual man.

They have attempted to castrate men. …Make them more sensitive to gender equality. In the process, they lost their identity; they lost how to be themselves. They lost 'how to be a woman'.

Now, researchers have found that men and women who are equal…are more likely to suffer illness. Man becomes sick because he can't be a man.

You can't fool Mother Nature…and so many times Mother Nature calls…it's time to bare children. Then the feminists hang it up to play mom. Yes folks, so many women lost opportunities…. They may have let Mr. Right slip through their fingers. Now that Mother nature is calling…they will do with Mr. OK for the time being.

To you feminist, what has feminism done for you besides make you Angry? They have told you that men were predators and you couldn't be a sub-servant to them. They told you couldn't be feminine because it looks weak. You couldn't be what nature indented you to be, a sensitive, perceptive and a beautiful woman.

Those feminists, they are fierce and in your face!

Actually a lot of them have addressed it. You just don't know where to find them.

Jezebel - Why Is It So Difficult To Defend Sarah Palin? - Sarah palin david letterman

Let me say this Nik, and I'm only speaking for myself here, Rush, Hannity, Letterman Olberman, whoever, making comments about kids like that shows poor taste and is dishonorable regardless whos mouth its comming out of.

Let me say this Nik, and I'm only speaking for myself here, Rush, Hannity, Letterman Olberman, whoever, making comments about kids like that shows poor taste and is dishonorable regardless whos mouth its comming out of.

Some right-wingers spoke out about it. Just as some left-wingers spoke out against Letterman. If Letterman was referring to Willow, its objectionable...but to Bristol? Really? She willingly made herself a public figure.

Let's imagine...if Rush said the same thing about the president's daughter. Hmm. Okay, it really wouldn't make sense because a) the president doesn't have a daughter that is a mother and b) the president doesn't promote abstinence.

David Letterman is not a politician, he's a comedian. He wasn't speaking at a political event but you say "imagine liberals...." This matter is between a comedian and a family. Where do the politics come in?

I thought libbies had compassion for single mothers and such. Good to know that you all just think that part of the population are "sluts" "whores" and only good to pay lip service to when you have an agenda to push regarding abortion,other wise they are just trash and deserve to be mocked. Dipshit.

What makes you think there is no potiential for one of Oblah blah's kids to get pregnant out of wedlock? Pulling that outta your ass too?

Your Messiah said his kids were off limits...what makes you think that automatically means you can go around trashing other peoples children when it suits you jackasses?

It was, and remains, a deplorable series of comments by Letterman. His back handed "apology" showed almost as little class as the original sexist jokes.

The media pundits outside of Fox News have said hardly a word - to say nothing of the feminists. A bit of tsk-tsking here and there, but hardly a collective voice of objection.

Then you have Olberman, who aggressively defended Letterman, while continueing to mock both Palin and her children. He is quite clearly, a complete peice of shit.

The outrage by a growing number of this indicident is justified, and will not go away in the near-term.

Letterman and his consistently leftist snide humor has gone too far this time...

I thought libbies had compassion for single mothers and such. Good to know that you all just think that part of the population are "sluts" "whores" and only good to pay lip service to when you have an agenda to push regarding abortion,other wise they are just trash and deserve to be mocked. Dipshit.

Actually, public figures will be mocked. And Bristol made herself a public figure.

What makes you think there is no potiential for one of Oblah blah's kids to get pregnant out of wedlock? Pulling that outta your ass too?

If they have working ovaries, there is potential. However, they aren't single mothers so what is your argument again?

Your Messiah said his kids were off limits...what makes you think that automatically means you can go around trashing other peoples children when it suits you jackasses?

Let me explain this to you. The President said that his kids were off limits. I didn't trash any kids, it was Letterman. Nothing suited me because I am not involved in this and neither is Obama. But Sarah Palin brought Obama, liberals, little girls with low self esteem, and anyone else she could into the fray for what seems to be her personal gain. And you're just a lap dog taking it all in and regurgitating it. I knew you were full of shit with the KBR comment. Now it looks like you're actually shit on the outside too.

Yes, well Oblah blah made his kids "public figures" by show casing them on all the entertainment rags,parading them to his political functions and regaling us with their cute puppy stories etc. Sorry,but you can pick and choose which kids get to be dragged through the mud at your political whim.

You brought up the notion that Obama's kids could not be fodder because they were not single mothers. BTW Willow Palin is not a single mother.....yet somehow you find it perfectly okay to demoralize her on national TV.

To slander children is wrong for any reason, right or left it makes no difference.

Yes, well Oblah blah made his kids "public figures" by show casing them on all the entertainment rags,parading them to his political functions and regaling us with their cute puppy stories etc. Sorry,but you can pick and choose which kids get to be dragged through the mud at your political whim.

I didn't say Sarah Palin made BRISTOL a public figure, I said BRISTOL made herself a public figure. And she did that when she became an advocate for teenage abstinence. But I bet you just won't be able to stop yourself from mentioning the President's kids again.

You brought up the notion that Obama's kids could not be fodder because they were not single mothers. BTW Willow Palin is not a single mother.....yet somehow you find it perfectly okay to demoralize her on national TV.

I didn't bring up any notions. That's your weird assed mind not comprehending what was written. I said that the joke wouldn't have worked on Obama's daughters. And not once in my post did you see WILLOW but I made sure to put BRISTOL. But you left out the quote and now I know why. Once again you dishonest fuck, I DID NOT DEMORALIZE ANYONE ON NATIONAL TV NOR DID I SAY IT WAS OKAY. But I'm not going to preface every response to every fucking thread about this Palin-Letterman bullshit with some fucking apology so people like you don't think that I'm defending Letterman.

Isn't this Van Sustern the same person that eluded to a 14 year old boys sexual abuse by a teacher "as a new spin on sex eduction, to describe the pedophile actions of Debrah Lafave?

FOXNews.com - Owen Lafave Sees Bright Side of Sex Scandal - Greta Van Susteren | On The Record With Greta

Oh wait Letterman makes a comment as a joke to a action that wasn't even a fact, and Fox news commentator can comment as a "joke" to an action that was fact.

Can anyone point out to me the outrage regarding that little "joking" manner in which she addressed the abuse of a 14 year old child? Better yet, did she even apologize? Bueller.... Bueller... :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Oh the Irony...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back