When will the dumbass protesters learn

Sure we could. We just don't have the political will to do so. Spending money to house prisoners is a basic tenant of society.

One would think a republican could see the jobs it would create.

If the case is sound...it shouldn't be plea bargained; Its' not fair to the victim. Or do we not care about that any more?

It's actually Leftists that celebrate bigger government and more people working for it. I don't know how you attribute that to Republicans.

Jobs...

Perhaps you're unaware of it but one of the growth industries in the nation is private prisons...which is why we have so many laws and incarcerate so many otherwise harmless folks--you know the same laws you guys are complaining about now.
"one of the largest growth industries in the nation is private prisons" Do you have a link for that, or did you just tell a lie?

PrivatePrisons-pdb10m.jpg

So you can't prove that "one of the largest growth industries in the nation is private prisons" as you claimed and you confess that you told a lie.

Got it.

And we haven't even gotten to the outlandish claim that building prisons is a "republican" thing. It's just lie after lie with you people.
You reject things out of hand worse than anyone here, do you honestly think what you are doing is called debating?

It's actually Leftists that celebrate bigger government and more people working for it. I don't know how you attribute that to Republicans.

Jobs...

Perhaps you're unaware of it but one of the growth industries in the nation is private prisons...which is why we have so many laws and incarcerate so many otherwise harmless folks--you know the same laws you guys are complaining about now.
"one of the largest growth industries in the nation is private prisons" Do you have a link for that, or did you just tell a lie?

So you can't prove that "one of the largest growth industries in the nation is private prisons" as you claimed and you confess that you told a lie.

Got it.

And we haven't even gotten to the outlandish claim that building prisons is a "republican" thing. It's just lie after lie with you people.
You reject things out of hand worse than anyone here, do you honestly think what you are doing is called debating?

The reason (we're told) that the GOP has such a hard on about the Keystone Pipeline is that it will create jobs. Basically it will transport Canadian oil to docks in the US for export that will benefit Canadian oil interests. The jobs created will be during construction and there will be something like 20 administrative jobs after it's built.

I brought up private prisons being a "republican thing" because it's a steady source of jobs because that seems to be the only thing that matters; not developing resources here or the fact that it costs more to send a man to prison than college and there is no ROI in most cases.

I think, in my admittedly limited dealings with this jerk, that his problem is that he responds to what he wishes the argument was and not what it actually is.

Jobs...

Got it.

The reason (we're told) that the GOP has such a hard on about the Keystone Pipeline is that it will create jobs. Basically it will transport Canadian oil to docks in the US for export that will benefit Canadian oil interests. The jobs created will be during construction and there will be something like 20 administrative jobs after it's built.

I brought up private prisons being a "republican thing" because it's a steady source of jobs because that seems to be the only thing that matters; not developing resources here or the fact that it costs more to send a man to prison than college and there is no ROI in most cases.

I think, in my admittedly limited dealings with this jerk, that his problem is that he responds to what he wishes the argument was and not what it actually is.
Privatization of public infrastructure IS a republican thing. I don't even know why he is arguing.

Got it.

Privatization of public infrastructure IS a republican thing. I don't even know why he is arguing.

That's true as well.

That change begins at the ballot box and not in a shopping mall or on the streets of our major cities?
So that first amendment thing doesn't really mean anything to you? People can choose how they want to voice their opinions through 5 options.

www.politicsneversleep.com

As we have pointed out multiple times on this thread, Gramps is not launching an assault on the 1st Amendment.

He wasn't trying to intimidate or punish the protestors, which is a standard tactic of the PC Police whenever someone says something they can claim "offended" them.

Wanna try again?

And every time it's been "pointed out" it's been no less ridiculous.

He may not be attacking the 1st Amendment directly, but the 1st Amendment is there to protect exactly this kind of speech. Public protests are what free speech is for.

It's like saying "No no I love guns, but I hate bullets!"

He thinks they're dumb.

He's not trying to stop them.

He's not trying to intimidate or punish like the PC Police do.

He just thinks they're dumb.

That's it.

Got it.

Oh bullshit, it's a CORPORATE thing, and only a retard would believe that Democrats don't support corporations.

Jobs...

Got it.

He didn't prove his claim and I called him on it. That's called debating. You should try it sometime.

Jobs...

Got it.

He didn't prove his claim and I called him on it. That's called debating. You should try it sometime.
private_prisons_enl.gif

Let me help you out here. How about data showing that private prisons are a significant portion of GDP, or that they are growing fast by comparison to other growth industries, or ANYTHING that actually proves your claim other than...."there's more private prisons today than there were in 1987"

Some private prisons are being repatriated to state control. I bet you didn't know that.

Idaho to take over privately-run state prison

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Idaho's governor says the corrections department will take over operation of the largest privately-run prison in the state after more than a decade of mismanagement and other problems at the facility.

Nashville, Tenn.-based Corrections Corporation of America has contracted with the state to run the prison since it was built in 1997. Taxpayers currently pay CCA $29 million per year to operate the 2080-bed prison south of Boise.

Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter made the announcement Friday at a preview of the upcoming legislative session.

For years, Otter has been a champion of privatizing certain sectors of government, including prisons.

In 2008, he floated legislation to change state laws to allow private companies to build and operate prisons in Idaho and import out-of-state inmates. In 2008, he suggested privatizing the 500-bed state-run Idaho Correctional Institution-Orofino.

The CCA prison has been the subject of multiple lawsuits alleging rampant violence, understaffing, gang activity and contract fraud by CCA.

CCA acknowledged last year that falsified staffing reports were given to the state showing thousands of hours were staffed by CCA workers when the positions were actually vacant. And the Idaho State Police is investigating the operation of the facility for possible criminal activity.

A federal judge also has held CCA in contempt of court for failing to abide by the terms of a settlement agreement reached with inmates in a lawsuit claiming high rates of violence and chronic understaffing at the prison.

Meanwhile, Idaho prison officials, led by IDOC Director Brent Reinke, have lobbied to allow the agency to put together its own proposal and cost analysis for running the prison. Each time, however, Reinke and his staff have been rebuffed by the state Board of Correction.

Recently, Board Chairwoman Robin Sandy said she opposed the idea because she didn't want to grow state government.

Let me help you out here. How about data showing that private prisons are a significant portion of GDP, or that they are growing fast by comparison to other growth industries, or ANYTHING that actually proves your claim other than...."there's more private prisons today than there were in 1987"

Some private prisons are being repatriated to state control. I bet you didn't know that.

All private prisons are under the jurisdiction of the State (usually the local Sheriff). They are given to inspections at any time.

Meanwhile...
0530prisoncharts_stockprices2.jpg

Idaho to take over privately-run state prison

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Idaho's governor says the corrections department will take over operation of the largest privately-run prison in the state after more than a decade of mismanagement and other problems at the facility.

Nashville, Tenn.-based Corrections Corporation of America has contracted with the state to run the prison since it was built in 1997. Taxpayers currently pay CCA $29 million per year to operate the 2080-bed prison south of Boise.

Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter made the announcement Friday at a preview of the upcoming legislative session.

For years, Otter has been a champion of privatizing certain sectors of government, including prisons.

In 2008, he floated legislation to change state laws to allow private companies to build and operate prisons in Idaho and import out-of-state inmates. In 2008, he suggested privatizing the 500-bed state-run Idaho Correctional Institution-Orofino.

The CCA prison has been the subject of multiple lawsuits alleging rampant violence, understaffing, gang activity and contract fraud by CCA.

CCA acknowledged last year that falsified staffing reports were given to the state showing thousands of hours were staffed by CCA workers when the positions were actually vacant. And the Idaho State Police is investigating the operation of the facility for possible criminal activity.

A federal judge also has held CCA in contempt of court for failing to abide by the terms of a settlement agreement reached with inmates in a lawsuit claiming high rates of violence and chronic understaffing at the prison.

Meanwhile, Idaho prison officials, led by IDOC Director Brent Reinke, have lobbied to allow the agency to put together its own proposal and cost analysis for running the prison. Each time, however, Reinke and his staff have been rebuffed by the state Board of Correction.

Recently, Board Chairwoman Robin Sandy said she opposed the idea because she didn't want to grow state government.

Gee, a private company cutting corners...unheard of. (one of the reasons I think we should build 50-100 Nuke plants in the next 20 years but have them run by the Navy).

All private prisons are under the jurisdiction of the State (usually the local Sheriff). They are given to inspections at any time.

Meanwhile...

Now you're just being repetitive. You haven't demonstrated your claim that it's one of the leading growth industries. Let's just agree that you should have said it was a growth industry, a claim you have aptly demonstrated. Nobody's perfect and I make mistakes like that too; just a wording error.

And moving on from that, how is private prisons a "republican" thing? Do you really think that only Republican legislators approve of private prisons? That's the part of your claim that's more than just a minor oversight. In fact, it's quite a whopper!

Meanwhile...

Now you're just being repetitive. You haven't demonstrated your claim that it's one of the leading growth industries. Let's just agree that you should have said it was a growth industry, a claim you have aptly demonstrated. Nobody's perfect and I make mistakes like that too; just a wording error.

And moving on from that, how is private prisons a "republican" thing? Do you really think that only Republican legislators approve of private prisons? That's the part of your claim that's more than just a minor oversight. In fact, it's quite a whopper!
Quit belaboring the point and move on. While not an exclusive thing, a simple Google search shows that private prisons are clustered in red states. If you come back wanting a link you are fucking retarded.

Meanwhile...

I've demonstrated time and again it's a fast growing industry...one of the fastest in fact.

You guys have some sort of hard-on for a pipeline--the Keystone XL. Basically it will take oil from Canada to Texas where it will be either refined or exported I suppose.
It will create a bunch of construction jobs but very few permanent positions. But for some reason, the minimal impact that it will have on the economy is enough to have made it into the talking points for you guys. Private prisons represent permanent jobs...

One would think that if the GOP were being intellectually honest, the desire for jobs would be independent of what jobs they are.

That change begins at the ballot box

When has that ever happened?

In THIS country? Quite often.

Which is of course what makes the crying about Obama pathetic. When his term is up, he will vacate the office and we'll start all over.

Nothing in this country changes. We continue in the same downward direction no matter who is in charge

Well this is true, but that's a factor of our idiotic population, not an indictment of our political process.

The process works, sadly though we just keep reelecting idiots.

That change begins at the ballot box

When has that ever happened?

In THIS country? Quite often.

Which is of course what makes the crying about Obama pathetic. When his term is up, he will vacate the office and we'll start all over.

Nothing in this country changes. We continue in the same downward direction no matter who is in charge

Well this is true, but that's a factor of our idiotic population, not an indictment of our political process.

The process works, sadly though we just keep reelecting idiots.
The American people are not as idiotic as you seem to think, they have just given up on politics as usual. It's good news for conservative types that only the unquestioning, fearful reactionary voters still vote dutifully.

Forum List

Back