When did Junk Plans become Junk Plans

Yup, the whole world is counting infant mortality differently to make us look bad. Really. I know you guys need to believe that.

It's true. Look it up dipshit.

PJ Media » The Doctor Is In: Infant Mortality Comparisons a Statistical Miscarriage

According to the way statistics are calculated in Canada, Germany, and Austria, a premature baby weighing <500g is not considered a living child.

But in the U.S., such very low birth weight babies are considered live births. The mortality rate of such babies — considered “unsalvageable” outside of the U.S. and therefore never alive — is extraordinarily high; up to 869 per 1,000 in the first month of life alone. This skews U.S. infant mortality statistics.

How nice, pea brains are having a convention...

bD437.jpg

I said do it RIGHT.

And no, the rest of the world does not always do it RIGHT.

]

People in countries with Single Payer-

Live Longer
Have a lower infant mortality rate
Spend less per person
Have fewer folks going bankrupt because of medical crisis.

Please, let's not repeat the same bullcrap.

I'll just go the first.

The Myth of Americans' Poor Life Expectancy - Forbes

It&#8217;s one of the most oft-repeated justifications for socialized medicine: Americans spend more money than other developed countries on health care, but don&#8217;t live as long. If we would just hop on the European health-care bandwagon, we&#8217;d live longer and healthier lives. The only problem is it&#8217;s not true.

Another point worth making is that people die for other reasons than health. For example, people die because of car accidents and violent crime. A few years back, Robert Ohsfeldt of Texas A&M and John Schneider of the University of Iowa asked the obvious question: what happens if you remove deaths from fatal injuries from the life expectancy tables? Among the 29 members of the OECD, the U.S. vaults from 19th place to&#8230;you guessed it&#8230;first. Japan, on the same adjustment, drops from first to ninth.

So.....horsecrap.

Let's see, should we believe doctors or Avik Roy who served as an analyst and portfolio manager at J.P. Morgan, Bain Capital, and other firms?

American life expectancy at birth ranks 30th in the world. We remain 30th for the rest of our lives -- until we reach 65. Then, our rank rises until we reach 14th at 80. We can thank the remarkable access to health care provided by Medicare

Last edited:
Yup, the whole world is counting infant mortality differently to make us look bad. Really. I know you guys need to believe that.

PJ Media » The Doctor Is In: Infant Mortality Comparisons a Statistical Miscarriage

According to the way statistics are calculated in Canada, Germany, and Austria, a premature baby weighing <500g is not considered a living child.

But in the U.S., such very low birth weight babies are considered live births. The mortality rate of such babies — considered “unsalvageable” outside of the U.S. and therefore never alive — is extraordinarily high; up to 869 per 1,000 in the first month of life alone. This skews U.S. infant mortality statistics.

500 Grams is less than a pound.... so few babies are born alive that small that it's an insignifigant statistic.

It should also be pointed out our Infant Mortality statistics are higher than just those three countries. We are higher than EVERYONE in the industrialized world.

Hey, dumbfuck, this isn't hard to figure out. When 1 out of 4 Americans has no insurance or shit insurance, you are going to get really bad results.

500 Grams is less than a pound.... so few babies are born alive that small that it's an insignifigant statistic.

It should also be pointed out our Infant Mortality statistics are higher than just those three countries. We are higher than EVERYONE in the industrialized world.

Hey, dumbfuck, this isn't hard to figure out. When 1 out of 4 Americans has no insurance or shit insurance, you are going to get really bad results.

Prove it. with some hard numbers then

We call every birth a live birth some countries don't even count a child as living for days after birth.

It ain't rocket science to make sure you are comparing apples to apples.

We call every birth a live birth some countries don't even count a child as living for days after birth.

I am comparing apples to apples. Even our own government admits our infant mortality rates is higher than other nations.

This really isn't complicated.

I am comparing apples to apples. Even our own government admits our infant mortality rates is higher than other nations.

This really isn't complicated.

If we tally the numbers using different criteria, which we do, it matters.

If I count a sale as someone merely visiting my web site like healthcare.gov does and I compare that to a company that only counts a visit as a sale when payment is received don't you think the comparison is not kosher because we are not comparing like items?

Sorry, man, dead babies are dead babies.

And we have more of them than other industrialized countries. I'm just so sorry.

Not if some countries don't count a baby as a baby we don't.

And btw some countries don't count all births as live births or even a baby as a person in the first few days of life.

any idiot should be able to see that it matters how you count not just what you count.

And we have more of them than other industrialized countries. I'm just so sorry.

And btw some countries don't count all births as live births or even a baby as a person in the first few days of life.

any idiot should be able to see that it matters how you count not just what you count.

Gee, which sounds more logical to you.

that EVERY OTHER COUNTRY is counting infant mortality differently just to make us look bad because they hate Americans.

Or.

That because 1 out of 4 Americans doesn't have adequate access to the health care system, pre-natal and post-natal care is inferior enough to bump the numbers up.

This is really kind of simple, even for a simpleton like you.

Gee, which sounds more logical to you.

that EVERY OTHER COUNTRY is counting infant mortality differently just to make us look bad because they hate Americans.

Or.

That because 1 out of 4 Americans doesn't have adequate access to the health care system, pre-natal and post-natal care is inferior enough to bump the numbers up.

This is really kind of simple, even for a simpleton like you.

Where did I say every other country?

There are differences in categorization which I have shown you you refuse to believe it.

That's your problem if you can't even see that you're not comparing apples to apples.

Hey let's just add in puppy deaths too after all it doesn't mater if we compare apples to Airedales right?

[

There are differences in categorization which I have shown you you refuse to believe it.

That's your problem if you can't even see that you're not comparing apples to apples.

Hey let's just add in puppy deaths too after all it doesn't mater if we compare apples to Airedales right?

The Categorization you place- fetuses weighing 500 KG - is such a rare event to be statistically insignifigant.

One out of four Americans having inadequate health coverage is VERY signifigant, and EVERY other advanced country and a few non-advanced ones beat us in the Infant Mortality stat.

[

The Categorization you place- fetuses weighing 500 KG - is such a rare event to be statistically insignifigant.

One out of four Americans having inadequate health coverage is VERY signifigant, and EVERY other advanced country and a few non-advanced ones beat us in the Infant Mortality stat.

That is merely one example of the differences. here is another from the same link I provided earlier

Some of the countries reporting infant mortality rates lower than the U.S. classify babies as “stillborn” if they survive less than 24 hours whether or not such babies breathe, move, or have a beating heart at birth.

Forty percent of all infant deaths occur in the first 24 hours of life.

And show the numbers that it is insignificant. Just because you say it is doesn't make it so.

[

Do you really believe that people in the UK have adequate health coverage under NHS?

[

Do you really believe that people in the UK have adequate health coverage under NHS?

He does, but then Joe has NEVER been very bright.

[

And show the numbers that it is insignificant. Just because you say it is doesn't make it so.

I'm sorry, it's like fucking arguing the sky is blue.

The problem with you conservatards is that the vast majority of you are just wedded to dogma and ignore science. EVERY study that has looked at this thing comes to the same conclusion.

That for the country that spends the MOST out of all countries in the world, we have pretty shitty results.

U.S. has highest first-day infant mortality out of industrialized world, group reports - CBS News

Because of their high infant mortality rates, the U.S. only ranked number 30 this year on the report, down five spots from the 2012 report. Save the Children CEO Carolyn Miles told CBSNews.com she was shocked to find that out that the U.S. did so poorly.

"We do not do as well on many of those as the Scandinavian countries," Miles admitted.

The 2013 edition focused on newborn mortality rates on the first day. The report's authors stated that the first 24 hours of a child's life are the riskiest.

Forum List

Back