What's with the click bait and advertising.. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
I can understand and appreciate advertising to a degree but couldn't you cut back on the low brow, low morality, left wingy crap, just wondering?

Eh, just felt like being bitchy and this adblock thingy sounds like the solution, well, never mind..

adblock+ no cost, and no ads
I use Privacy Badger and turned it off on this site. They must have something in the software that messes with other sites, such as Twitter. Couldn't load Twit's until I turned it off.
Soon as I did, page is loaded with ads. Haven't tried other blockers. Used Duck Duck Go, it was ok but really slowed down everything big time.
This site is 70/30 con/lib. Advertisers know that.
Then you have your work cut out for you.

Eh, just felt like being bitchy and this adblock thingy sounds like the solution, well, never mind..
I took AdBlocker off my computer because it was causing some issues and most websites these days require you to take it off anyway. I don't mind a few ads here because they cannot run this site for free and too few donate to keep it going. So I allow them get whatever ad revenue they can.

I took AdBlocker off my computer because it was causing some issues and most websites these days require you to take it off anyway. I don't mind a few ads here because they cannot run this site for free and too few donate to keep it going. So I allow them get whatever ad revenue they can.
El Chorizo has a soda addiction to support

I totally have Adblock in my computer!:thup:

I don't want to see degeneration when I click .... don't want or need to see scum

I keep my .... hehe .... positive energy ..... for best things on this earth....not that garbage:)

I totally have Adblock in my computer!:thup:

I don't want to see degeneration when I click .... don't want or need to see scum

I keep my .... hehe .... positive energy ..... for best things on this earth....not that garbage:)
I see very little scum or garbage. The worst is social media when I check out the profile of somebody who followed me and WHAM there is some really graphic video. I block those of course. But the ads aren't a problem. I guess I have a soft spot for those who need income to feed their families and do their best to earn it legally and responsibly instead of expecting others to feed, clothe, house them. I see more scum and garbage here at USMB than anywhere else I go on the internet but they can't help it I guess. They seem to have nothing else to offer. :)

Just today on Chrome (on a smartphone), this site is awash with ads. So I switched across to Firefox (not the most user friendly smartphone browser) and installed Ad-Blocker. That's done the job, just means getting used to using Firefox for USMB.

Just today on Chrome (on a smartphone), this site is awash with ads. So I switched across to Firefox (not the most user friendly smartphone browser) and installed Ad-Blocker. That's done the job, just means getting used to using Firefox for USMB.
Looks like they added google ad services.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back