Whats the difference?

No shit. Good grief.
Using your basic, brainless, useless argument, they could pass a law that says no one over 50 should stay alive. Or children with cancer dont get treatment.
Please, for the love of gawd, grow up and think.

They could pass such a law but it would quickly be overturned by the courts

The same thing you can do if you believe emergency disaster aid is unconstitutional.

Good luck to you

Why is it that the govt always bails out communities when they are struck with disaster, but individual families dont get it? My next door neighbors house burnt down a few months ago, and he didnt get a fucking cent from the govt. My home got destroyed by a tornado a few years ago, and I didnt get a fucking cent of help. No FEMA vouchers to be found. Whats the difference between individuals and communities?
Why does the govt discriminate the way it does, and you idiots support it?
You didn't have insurance?

They could pass such a law but it would quickly be overturned by the courts

The same thing you can do if you believe emergency disaster aid is unconstitutional.

Good luck to you
Where does the constitution give them the authority?

No shit. Good grief.
Using your basic, brainless, useless argument, they could pass a law that says no one over 50 should stay alive. Or children with cancer dont get treatment.
Please, for the love of gawd, grow up and think.
I'm not aware of anyone pushing for laws to kill everyone over 50 or to deny treatment to children with cancer. if you'll point out those people, I promise not to vote for them. Do you oppose the constitutional right for our representatives to pass laws for the betterment of our country?

For gawd sakes, people; I had insurance. My neighbor had insurance. Please focus on the POINT.

Savannah had a big fire back in the late 1700s. The the town was completely destroyed. They wrote to congress asking for help. Congress refused because they didnt have the authority to send aid. They then, asked local towns and other states for help. They received tens of thousands in aid.
A few years later, they still had money left from the donations, so they sent the remianing few thousand dollars to Philly because yellow fever broke out real bad.
I dont remember this country passing an amendment to the constitution that gave the fed gov to give billions in tax payer dollars to communities, between then and now. Do you?

Savannah had a big fire back in the late 1700s. The the town was completely destroyed. They wrote to congress asking for help. Congress refused because they didnt have the authority to send aid. They then, asked local towns and other states for help. They received tens of thousands in aid.
A few years later, they still had money left from the donations, so they sent the remianing few thousand dollars to Philly because yellow fever broke out real bad.
I dont remember this country passing an amendment to the constitution that gave the fed gov to give billions in tax payer dollars to communities, between then and now. Do you?
An amendment wasn't required. The constitution granted authority to govern. Can't go amending the constitution every time they change the speed limit.

An amendment wasn't required. The constitution granted authority to govern. Can't go amending the constitution every time they change the speed limit.
So congress can just grant it power? No, thats not how it works.
Try again. For a tenth time.

Why is it that the govt always bails out communities when they are struck with disaster, but individual families dont get it? My next door neighbors house burnt down a few months ago, and he didnt get a fucking cent from the govt. My home got destroyed by a tornado a few years ago, and I didnt get a fucking cent of help. No FEMA vouchers to be found. Whats the difference between individuals and communities?
Why does the govt discriminate the way it does, and you idiots support it?
the people should be helping other people not governments,,

if its large scale then the state steps in,, the feds are a last resort and should be limited to input,,

So congress can just grant it power? No, thats not how it works.
Try again. For a tenth time.
Congress can pass laws. The supreme court decides if they are constitutional. I know you've heard all this before.

Forum List

Back