Whats the difference?

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Why is it that the govt always bails out communities when they are struck with disaster, but individual families dont get it? My next door neighbors house burnt down a few months ago, and he didnt get a fucking cent from the govt. My home got destroyed by a tornado a few years ago, and I didnt get a fucking cent of help. No FEMA vouchers to be found. Whats the difference between individuals and communities?
Why does the govt discriminate the way it does, and you idiots support it?

Last edited:
Why is it that the govt always build out communities when they are struct with disaster, but individual families dont get it? My next door neighbors house burnt down a few months ago, and he didnt get a fucking cent from the govt. My home got destroyed by a tornado a few years ago, and I didnt get a fucking cent of help. No FEMA vouchers to be found. Whats the difference between individuals and communities?
Was there a federal disaster declaration made? That's usually a precursor to getting the feds involved. Your governor would have to declare a disaster and ask for help..however, the feds would also have to declare a disaster.
Otherwise, it's handled by private insurance.

Was there a federal disaster declaration made? That's usually a precursor to getting the feds involved. Your governor would have to declare a disaster and ask for help..however, the feds would also have to declare a disaster.
Otherwise, it's handled by private insurance.
So the difference is a declaration?
Thats how someone should justify govt discrimination?

My whole point to this is, that govt shouldnt be doing a damn thing about this. Not only do they have no constitutional authority to do so, picking and choosing who gets help, and who doesnt, is bullshit. The govt should NOT be discriminating in any way.

Last edited:
When our community was completely demolished by a flood, FEMA was not really there to help, the state has been slow to act. The dam still hasn't been rebuilt, and the community still hasn't recovered.

The damn was destroyed right when the pandemic started, and it still hasn't been rebuilt. The federal government and the state, feel it is the job of the most wealthy individuals that own the highest value property around the lake, to invest in repairing the dam, so it hasn't been done yet. . .

They thought it would be done by 2023, now, I am hearing, 2025, but, who the hell knows when the two lakes will be back, and when the boating, the fishing, and the tourism will be back. Meanwhile, the businesses the depend on all that, have moved into Midland.

:dunno:

". . . Porte says while there is still a lot of work that needs to be done, she expects Sanford to grow bigger and better than before. She also has her fingers crossed that Sanford Lake will return in 2025. . . ."

If you are a renter? Meh, your only choice really, is to just relocate.

. . . as always, the government chooses the winners and losers. :sigh2:

Not saying it's right or proper. That's just how it is.
People who don't have insurance are just screwed unless the government declares a disaster and funds are made available to make them whole.
It happens every day in our First World country.

Why is it that the govt always bails out communities when they are struck with disaster, but individual families dont get it? My next door neighbors house burnt down a few months ago, and he didnt get a fucking cent from the govt. My home got destroyed by a tornado a few years ago, and I didnt get a fucking cent of help. No FEMA vouchers to be found. Whats the difference between individuals and communities?

Giving it to communities makes the kickbacks a lot easier.

Giving it to you goobers, it just goes towards what it was meant to, and where's the happy grins in that?

People with insurance arent getting help?
What about individuals that dont have insurance? Where is their help?
Maybe if they could afford to buy a house, they should have afforded to buy insurance to protect their investment. You advocate, the government to indemnify all private citizens against loss?

Maybe if they could afford to buy a house, they should have afforded to buy insurance to protect their investment. You advocate, the government to indemnify all private citizens against loss?
No I do not. I dont support them doing it to anyone or any community. They dont have the authority to do so.

No I do not. I dont support them doing it to anyone or any community. They dont have the authority to do so.
Got to give you credit for that Libertarian streak. It is not exactly without historical, original justification, but like any political philosophy, cannot stand being taken to the extreme.

Do you ever read TNHarley at all, or is this the first time you've noticed him?

There are procedures for disbursements of money. It's not like they have a big old bucket of money standing by to throw at any body that has a disaster. If you don't like the way thngs are done, then convince your politicians to change the laws. I wouldn't expect much help from republicans to make it easier to get money from the government.

My whole point to this is, that govt shouldnt be doing a damn thing about this. Not only do they have no constitutional authority to do so, picking and choosing who gets help, and who doesnt, is bullshit. The govt should NOT be discriminating in any way.
do you know where your aid went??...obama sent millions to africa to teach the men how to wash their schlongs scraping the ground........you got schlonged in anudder way

Forum List

Back