What's more important to you? Muslim hating or Jesus following?

Last edited:
That is what the media is saying. Remember that the media is looking for stories and sensationalism. They find the few Christians who they say are haters. These are not the majority of Christians. The Cristian's who do this are not true Christians and they will be dealt with judgment by Jesus.
The majority of Christians hate the sin and not the person.
They do not hate Gay's they hate the sin.
They also do not hate Muslims.
They are against jihadists who want to murder Jews and Americans.

Actually the media does the exact opposite.

The ONLY time the media is concerned with the religion of a murderer or criminal is when that person is a muslim.

I disagree, Jersus didn't condem the Jews who called him a crazy, criminal, put him on trial and crucified him.

I didn't see him say jesus would condem anyone.

harsh criticism and denouncing Islam sounds like condeming to me.

Criticizing Islam is not the same as criticizing Muslims. There are a lot of critics of Christianity on the internet, but most have no hostility towards people who are Christians.

Yes, you can point to some people who insult Muslims, but if you actually read what most critics are saying they are not insulting Muslims the people, but Islam the religion.

There is a big difference between insulting a person and insulting an ideology. Ever religion on the planet can be insulted, yet there is an effort made to prevent people from insulting Islam. Why? Why is insulting Islam different from insulting all other religions? Why is insulting Islam seen as an attack against Muslims, but insulting other religions is not hate speech?

You say “harsh criticism and denouncing Islam” and by this you acknowledge that the criticism is against the religion and not the people who believe in it.

So why is it that Islam cannot be insulted?

I didn't see him say jesus would condem anyone.

Criticizing Islam is not the same as criticizing Muslims. There are a lot of critics of Christianity on the internet, but most have no hostility towards people who are Christians.

Yes, you can point to some people who insult Muslims, but if you actually read what most critics are saying they are not insulting Muslims the people, but Islam the religion.

There is a big difference between insulting a person and insulting an ideology. Ever religion on the planet can be insulted, yet there is an effort made to prevent people from insulting Islam. Why? Why is insulting Islam different from insulting all other religions? Why is insulting Islam seen as an attack against Muslims, but insulting other religions is not hate speech?

You say “harsh criticism and denouncing Islam” and by this you acknowledge that the criticism is against the religion and not the people who believe in it.

Did Jesus advocate insulting Islam?

I thought it was more about "spreading the good word"?

Did Jesus advocate insulting Islam?

I thought it was more about "spreading the good word"?

Matthew 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Jesus was before Islam, but this passage could be interpreted to foretell an attack against Christianity that would not prevail. As such it could be fulfilled by secularism or Marxism, but the biggest and longest attack against Christianity would be from Islam. So this passage could be interpreted such that Jesus is calling Islam the “gates of hell”

Okay, that’s just an interpretation, but since Jesus came before Islam that’s as good as you are going to get other than the fact that Jesus insulted those He saw as false religious leaders.

Since I don't hate muslims and don't think it's important to hate them (quite the opposite) I will have to vote for following Jesus.

That still isn't evidence that Jesus would tell his followers to hate muslims or even that he's ok with it.

I see plenty of evidence in my passages I provided that he'd be against it. If he says he's the only one and he should be the only one believed in that doesn't mean he's saying to denounce/attack others who don't subscribe to that belief.

Who are you talking too anyway? I don't know of any christians that would say is was good to hate anyone, or that Jesus would advocate it. Or are you just arguing with yourself?

He is trying to make the point that any christian who hates muslims is not a good christian or not following the rules of the bible.
Is he aware that "disagreeing with" and "opposing the violence committed by" is not "hate"?

Doesn't look like.

Jesus taught non-violence, but He did speak out against what He saw as evil.

Jesus would not advocate violence against Muslims, but that doesn’t mean that Jesus would not denounce Mohammed and Islam. Keep in mind that Mohammed claimed to follow the God YHWH of the Torah, but Mohammed claimed that YHWH is a deceiver. Certainly Jesus would have some harsh things to say about this and other things found in the Koran. Yeah, He would also have some harsh things to say to a lot of Christians, but He would definitely denounce Islam.

He would also have some harsh things to say to a lot of Christians, but He would definitely denounce Islam.

Biblio =book.
It do, look it up.

These things were written by MEN.

some of it was well written, well thought out, and inspired by the very best instincts that men possess. Other parts? Not so much.

Every last bit of any of it could be used to justify unjustifiable acts. All of them taken in its totality cautions against those same acts. People will do what people will do. They'll always look for an excuse in scripture, but the motivation will always be found in fear.

We are not HERE to see through one another. We are HERE to see one another through. Everything and anything we do in this world should be a kindness to each other, and simple love should be the only motivating factor that propels our actions.

Everything and anything else is self serving bullshit.

Last edited:
That still isn't evidence that Jesus would tell his followers to hate muslims or even that he's ok with it.

I see plenty of evidence in my passages I provided that he'd be against it. If he says he's the only one and he should be the only one believed in that doesn't mean he's saying to denounce/attack others who don't subscribe to that belief.

Who are you talking too anyway? I don't know of any christians that would say is was good to hate anyone, or that Jesus would advocate it. Or are you just arguing with yourself?

Muslim hating is all over this board and in american society, this isn't anything new.

Doesn't mean that it has anything to do with christianity tho. You're making quite a leap.

Muslim hating is all over this board and in american society, this isn't anything new.

Doesn't mean that it has anything to do with christianity tho. You're making quite a leap.
He's relying on his own bigotry to denounce bigotry.

Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God..

" Born of water" has nothing to do with being baptized.

But refers to the breaking of a woman's water during childbirth.

Actually, it has everything to do with being baptized. Because baptism is our Spiritual reborn. A man must be born again of water and the Spirit.

Good point, obviously by my signature and the 3 individuals I quote I just hate all christians.

If people can't see christians bashing muslims on this site, they're blind. It's right on page 1 of the politics board.

Good point, obviously by my signature and the 3 individuals I quote I just hate all christians.

If people can't see christians bashing muslims on this site, they're blind. It's right on page 1 of the politics board.

How do you know who is a christian and who is not?

How do you know who is a christian and who is not?

I take MLK Jr and Ron Paul at their word and based on their lives they took/are taking Jesus's teachings seriously.

and Jesus is, well Jesus.

We are not HERE to see through one another. We are HERE to see one another through. Everything and anything we do in this world should be a kindness to each other, and simple love should be the only motivating factor that propels our actions.

Everything and anything else is self serving bullshit.

Even Satan can quote Scripture.
I don't know what you see. I see mostly normal people condemning Muslim extremist violence.

Forum List

Back