What's for Dinner?

I'm back from my short trip. We went to Outback to eat and it was really good. I ate meatloaf tonight, with rice/broccoli/cheese mix and corn.

I don't eat any seafood any more, because I ate that crap 6 days a week for a few years straight, and all I can say is YUCK now.

I'm craving some IHOP right now...couldn't sleep so came here to read a little.

Shadow that meal sounds great.

Dinner tonight was:

Porcupine meatballs
Green beans
Fruit salad
Iced cold Diet Coke. (apple juice for the kiddos)

Now those sound good. I may have to make those with the rest of the hamburger I have in the fridge...

Porcupine Meatballs

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Ingredients:

* 1 1/2 pound lean ground beef
* 2/3 cup long-grain rice, uncooked
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
* 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* 1 large can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
* 1 cup water
* 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

Preparation:
Directions for porcupine meatballs
Mix ground beef with rice, 1/2 cup of water, chopped onion, seasoned salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Shape porcupine ground beef mixture by tablespoon into 1 1/2-inch balls.

Place the porcupine meatballs in an ungreased 2-quart shallow baking dish. Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over the porcupine meatballs. Cover and bake at 350° F. oven for about 45 minutes. Uncover and bake porcupine meatballs 15 to 20 minutes longer.
Porcupine meatballs serve 4 to 6.

Well so much for the tilapia last night. There was NO FISH at the store. Not even frozen fish, except battered fish pieces.

The kids and I had corn dogs. I told you I'd have to catch and cook it myself.

Well so much for the tilapia last night. There was NO FISH at the store. Not even frozen fish, except battered fish pieces.

The kids and I had corn dogs. I told you I'd have to catch and cook it myself.

Bummer AB.... I had left over hamburger, onion and mushroom gravy over mashed tatters. Tomorrow night I'm having some of those Porcupine Meatballs... :D

Dinner tonight was:

Porcupine meatballs
Green beans
Fruit salad

Now those sound good. I may have to make those with the rest of the hamburger I have in the fridge...

Porcupine Meatballs

Ingredients:

* 1/2 cup water
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* 1 cup water

Preparation:
Mix ground beef with rice, 1/2 cup of water, chopped onion, seasoned salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Shape porcupine ground beef mixture by tablespoon into 1 1/2-inch balls.

Place the porcupine meatballs in an ungreased 2-quart shallow baking dish. Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over the porcupine meatballs. Cover and bake at 350° F. oven for about 45 minutes. Uncover and bake porcupine meatballs 15 to 20 minutes longer.

They are good. I don't add water to the recipe though,and somtimes I add green chili when I want it spicy..

Dinner tonight was:

Porcupine meatballs
Green beans
Fruit salad

Porcupine Meatballs

Ingredients:

* 1/2 cup water
* 1/8 teaspoon pepper
* 1 cup water

Preparation:

They are good. I don't add water to the recipe though,and somtimes I add green chili when I want it spicy..

Yup, I was going to spice them up just a tad with some of the best hot sauce I've ever tasted, and that's Tapatio Salsa Picante Hot Sauce. It's also the best stuff I've ever had in my life on a Taco or in a Burrito.

last night was beef tip, green beans, bake potato...it wasn't that great.

Forum List

Back