Now For Something Wild....SKS-M-Para....Bengal Tiger Edition

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I picked-up this SKS-M "Para" yesterday. It's a SKS that takes AK mags.

It came with a chi-com 10-rounder but as I was trying different flavors of mags I settled on a Hungarian 20-rounder to keep in it. LOL....It also had a chi-com bi-pod on it that weighed about as half as much as the gun! I boxed-up the stock set and bi-pod and squirreled it away.

m 002 (2).JPG

m 001 (2).JPG

It came like this one:

I hate the "sporter stock" so I pulled it and decided to have a bit of fun and using a spare stock/gas tube/HG I had on-hand I played around with it a bit and came up with a Bengal Tiger edition. ;)

The SKS-M "Para" is another of the fantasy guns the chi-coms made for the US market in the early 90s. In fact this one came from CSA Arms in Virginia Beach, Virginia....Back in the day they were a few blocks over from the boardwalk.

Weird place, all they had was chi-com guns and 5-gallon buckets with snakes in them.

I picked-up this SKS-M "Para" yesterday. It's a SKS that takes AK mags.

It came with a chi-com 10-rounder but as I was trying different flavors of mags I settled on a Hungarian 20-rounder to keep in it. LOL....It also had a chi-com bi-pod on it that weighed about as half as much as the gun! I boxed-up the stock set and bi-pod and squirreled it away.

View attachment 926683

View attachment 926685

It came like this one:

I hate the "sporter stock" so I pulled it and decided to have a bit of fun and using a spare stock/gas tube/HG I had on-hand I played around with it a bit and came up with a Bengal Tiger edition. ;)

The SKS-M "Para" is another of the fantasy guns the chi-coms made for the US market in the early 90s. In fact this one came from CSA Arms in Virginia Beach, Virginia....Back in the day they were a few blocks over from the boardwalk.

Weird place, all they had was chi-com guns and 5-gallon buckets with snakes in them.

How does it feed? I had an SKS that was converted to take detachable mags, and it had a lot of feed issues, even with new magazines.

How does it feed? I had an SKS that was converted to take detachable mags, and it had a lot of feed issues, even with new magazines.
It just feeds from a normal AK mag.....They got the conversion right.....I had a M years ago and it never failed to feed. It was pretty accurate too.

There a bit of a difference in the bolt, being altered slightly from a regular SKS bolt. They won't interchange.

But yeah most of the "duck bill" mags suck though it is said that (oddly enough) the Tapco duck-bills work fine but I never tried them myself.

At the time it really did not make much sense to buy a SKS M when for a bit under $100 more you could get a fixed-stock Chi-Com AK.

It just feeds from a normal AK mag.....They got the conversion right.....I had a M years ago and it never failed to feed. It was pretty accurate too.

There a bit of a difference in the bolt, being altered slightly from a regular SKS bolt. They won't interchange.

But yeah most of the "duck bill" mags suck though it is said that (oddly enough) the Tapco duck-bills work fine but I never tried them myself.

At the time it really did not make much sense to buy a SKS M when for a bit under $100 more you could get a fixed-stock Chi-Com AK.

I like my Draco :)

Forum List

Back