What would you say or ask?

I would ask both of them why they think holding office should be a career. I would follow up by asking both of them just how long they plan to try to stay in office and tell me how that is good for the country.
BTW, in the late 80's I had the opportunity to meet Jesse Helms, and I asked him the same thing,
he had no answer. He just acted like I was from mars or something, much like I would expect these two to respond.
I actually pissed Mr. helms of very badly. I shook his hand then intently looked at my hands until he asked what I was doing, to which I was responded "counting my fingers to make sure they are all still there."

When I met Fred Thompson I asked him if he favored term limits. He said yes. I asked him if he would voluntarily subject himself to term limits. He said yes. And he served two terms and quit.

Man of his word.

I kinda like FT.

I would ask how their kids and grandkids are doing, talk about mine, ask what books they had read recently, I would recommend a few favorites of my own (I am a big fan of Donald Westlake and Terry Pratchett) and I would evangelize my favorite Korean TV shows (That Fool, City Hall, Smile You) thank them for a very nice dinner and take my leave.

One should be civil.

Of course, if they asked my opinion on 0bamacare and Cap and Trade, I would give it to them with both barrels, but they aren't interested in anyone's opinions.

Forum List

Back