What will your reaction be when you discover you were wrong about Obama?

The POTUS actually exceeded my expectations so I already know what I would do. I'm happy with his performance in the face of unimaginable odds. We know that those that oppose him would have fainted trying to handle the job and thats why they didnt run for POTUS.

Me too. And as well as he has done, as much as he has accomplished, he could have done so much more if the damned Rs had not kept their promise to stop him, to obstruct, to screw over the nation.

Funny thing about this thread title ... Obama has been prez for 6 years. When is this big unveiling of The Real Obama gonna happen?

10172820_10152115698246275_4484834160203476760_n.jpg

Whether you discover he really IS a great guy and sincerely trying his best to do what's best for America and Americans...

Or...

Whether you discover he really IS a radical Leftist with an agenda to collapse America's institutions and cancel (tear up) the Constitution, impose martial law, gain complete govt. control over America and establish a Police state.

What do you think your reaction will be when you discover you were wrong about Barack Obama?

In my opinion half of us WILL have this experience.

If I am shown to have been wrong about him I will probably break down and sob like a baby.

I would feel humbled and deeply apologetic. I would write him a letter telling him just how wrong I was and how sorry I was and hope he would forgive me.

And I would never feel sure again about anything else because i was sooooooooooo sure of his malintentions. And if I was that sure about him and was proven wrong I would forevermore question my own judgment.

But I doubt I am wrong.

And so do you.

So, what will your reaction be? What will you do when you discover you were wrong about Barack Obama?

Your premise is flawed.

You assume, wrongfully, that either side could be honest enough with themselves and their peers to admit being wrong...

Last edited:
There was a survey not long ago of a couple hundred historians (I think it was posted somewhere on here before?) and Barack came out with a B-. I thought that sounded about right.

As spokesman for the Left Opposition and Spartacist Movement, I'd have to give Comrade Obama a C-. His unwavering support for increased military adventurism ("the surge") abroad and a secretive national security apparatus spying on every American tarnish his credentials as a peacemaker and civil rights advocate. His corporatist economic policy has enriched Wall Street and impoverished America. He starts every social and economic initiative with a rousing speech of what he would like to do and then, rather than fighting for it, talks himself into surrendering to the other side in the name of what is "politically possible". Instead of leading a social and economic revolutionary vanguard, he surrendered the high ground to the class enemy and whimpered his way through protecting the profits of Big Pharma and the corrupt health insurance industry.

After betraying his base, he shifted seamlessly into "Grand Bargain" mode, to be saved only by the stupidity of his partners in crime who could not accept yes for an answer. He almost succeeded in dooming a generation of Americans to permanent depression in this debacle and had to settle for merely a decade or two of economic stagnation and economic inequality not seen since the Robber Barons.

History will place Obama somewhat lower than Jimmy Carter and Gerald Ford in ranking of recent presidents. LBJ and Nixon have the distinction of both being the best and worst presidents of my lifetime; compared to them Obama is colorless, not good enough or bad enough to stand out. He reminds me most of Chester A Arthur and Benjamin Harrison, both notable for being forgettable. Try naming all the presidents in order and I bet these are two you leave out. "So let it be with Caesar."

That's about as astute an analysis as there is. :thup:

Thanks! Back in the day I used to have a beer with Rosa Luxembourg until the freikorps
burnt the place down. Maybe we could start a drinking club of everyone who can figure out what the Left Opposition and Right Opposition are. It won't be too big. And of course we know how the "Centrist" of the play worked out.

Third paragraph though -- do you mean LBJ and Nixon were each both the best and worst?

Yes. At a certain level comparisons and rankings are meaningless. Based on his domestic programs, LBJ makes the top 5 of any historians list. But there was that little foreign policy problem.....

Nixon's foreign policy was brilliant, easily putting him in the top 5 also. But there was that little character flaw.....

Maybe there was something in the White House water supply 1964--1974. Glad they got it fixed.

As spokesman for the Left Opposition and Spartacist Movement, I'd have to give Comrade Obama a C-. His unwavering support for increased military adventurism ("the surge") abroad and a secretive national security apparatus spying on every American tarnish his credentials as a peacemaker and civil rights advocate. His corporatist economic policy has enriched Wall Street and impoverished America. He starts every social and economic initiative with a rousing speech of what he would like to do and then, rather than fighting for it, talks himself into surrendering to the other side in the name of what is "politically possible". Instead of leading a social and economic revolutionary vanguard, he surrendered the high ground to the class enemy and whimpered his way through protecting the profits of Big Pharma and the corrupt health insurance industry.

After betraying his base, he shifted seamlessly into "Grand Bargain" mode, to be saved only by the stupidity of his partners in crime who could not accept yes for an answer. He almost succeeded in dooming a generation of Americans to permanent depression in this debacle and had to settle for merely a decade or two of economic stagnation and economic inequality not seen since the Robber Barons.

History will place Obama somewhat lower than Jimmy Carter and Gerald Ford in ranking of recent presidents. LBJ and Nixon have the distinction of both being the best and worst presidents of my lifetime; compared to them Obama is colorless, not good enough or bad enough to stand out. He reminds me most of Chester A Arthur and Benjamin Harrison, both notable for being forgettable. Try naming all the presidents in order and I bet these are two you leave out. "So let it be with Caesar."

That's about as astute an analysis as there is. :thup:

Thanks! Back in the day I used to have a beer with Rosa Luxembourg until the freikorps
burnt the place down. Maybe we could start a drinking club of everyone who can figure out what the Left Opposition and Right Opposition are. It won't be too big. And of course we know how the "Centrist" of the play worked out.

Third paragraph though -- do you mean LBJ and Nixon were each both the best and worst?

Yes. At a certain level comparisons and rankings are meaningless. Based on his domestic programs, LBJ makes the top 5 of any historians list. But there was that little foreign policy problem.....

Nixon's foreign policy was brilliant, easily putting him in the top 5 also. But there was that little character flaw.....

Maybe there was something in the White House water supply 1964--1974. Glad they got it fixed.

I figured that's what you meant. I'd kinda put TR in that category too. The land of the historically bipolar.

Rosa Luxembourg -- damn, you ain't kidding with the handle :lol:

Last edited:
If u feel that Obama was duly elected twice and came into office at a time of severe economic recession and extreme war weariness...and not only pulled us back from disaster but initiated a slow but steady recovery despite endless opposition...
Like the prez himself has said repeatedly..."Don't let the good be a casualty of the perfect"...Perfect Obama isn't, but he has attempted more good for more Americans than most in recent memory...How much it all survives the ignorance spread by endless prevarication in ads and rhetoric by heavily monied opposition depends on the steady political involvement of those who see him more clearly and support his work.

A good and thoughtful post.

There has been some progress during the Obama administration. I'm just not sure how much of it was due to Obama. He has a genius for coming to issues very late in the day; gay rights is an excellent example. Did he lead more than Biden? It looks more like he moved because Biden pushed him.

On the signature issue of his presidency, the economy, he has appointed the worst set of advisors from the last four administrations. He has missed every opportunity to turn the economy around and refuses to fight for any of the values he makes such great speeches about. By two years into his presidency every administration economist who got anything right was gone; leaving in disgust.

We would have been better off with McCain. We would have had a full blown depression, a repeat of the Hoover years, and in 2013 an administration and Congress would have taken power which could have had America on the right economic track in 18 months. Instead we are doomed to more permanent long-term economic damage than a repeat of the Great Depression would have caused. Thanks to Obama, we have depression on the installment plan.

When the Left stops apologizing for Obama, it will become politically viable again. You don't get fundamental change by being less crazy than the Tea Party.

Whether you discover he really IS a great guy and sincerely trying his best to do what's best for America and Americans...

Or...

Whether you discover he really IS a radical Leftist with an agenda to collapse America's institutions and cancel (tear up) the Constitution, impose martial law, gain complete govt. control over America and establish a Police state.

What do you think your reaction will be when you discover you were wrong about Barack Obama?

If I am shown to have been wrong about him I will probably break down and sob like a baby.

I would feel humbled and deeply apologetic. I would write him a letter telling him just how wrong I was and how sorry I was and hope he would forgive me.

And I would never feel sure again about anything else because i was sooooooooooo sure of his malintentions. And if I was that sure about him and was proven wrong I would forevermore question my own judgment.

But I doubt I am wrong.

And so do you.

So, what will your reaction be? What will you do when you discover you were wrong about Barack Obama?

Your premise is flawed.

You assume, wrongfully, that either side could be honest with themselves and their peers to admit being wrong...

If you were twice as smart as you actually are you'd rise to the level of "Idiot."

I figured that's what you meant. I'd kinda put TR in that category too. The land of the historically bipolar.

Somehow the Left got wussified. They forgot how their grandfathers organized Detroit and Pittsburg and Appalachia. They forgot what their fathers and mothers did on buses and at lunch counters in the early sixties. They forgot what their older siblings did marching against the Vietnam War and for the ERA. Those activists didn't win every battle; but they changed the world.

To Obama "Don't get mad; organize!" is a cute slogan (he never was a very good organizer in Chicago). It's time we took back its meaning.

Somehow the Left got wussified. They forgot how their grandfathers organized Detroit and Pittsburg and Appalachia. They forgot what their fathers and mothers did on buses and at lunch counters in the early sixties. They forgot what their older siblings did marching against the Vietnam War and for the ERA. Those activists didn't win every battle; but they changed the world.

To Obama "Don't get mad; organize!" is a cute slogan (he never was a very good organizer in Chicago). It's time we took back its meaning.

And they were led by or infiltrated/influenced by Communists, too.

"I do not believe there is a problem in this country or the world today which could not be settled if approached through the teaching of the Sermon on the Mount." Harry S. Truman

Wrong about what? Would you rather McCain-Palin or Romney-Ryan? Seeing Palin on TV reminds me of the absurdity of McCain's selection, seeing Ryan reminds me of the heartlessness of the modern entitled American. Neither would be a better choice. As far as President Obama I wish he'd get out of this trade agreement mentality that was passed down by Clinton and is a failure for the American worker. TPP is another nail in the coffin of America's working class.

I also wish Obama were more like Truman, tell it like it is, why this ridiculous political niceness? Republicans are a failure since Eisenhower, he was the last rational republican. The party is full of nutcases and far right lunatics. Look only at their record of wars when they are doing nothing but whining.

"Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home -but not for housing. They are strong for labor - but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage - the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all - but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine - for people who can afford them. They consider electrical power a great blessing - but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They think American standard of living is a fine thing - so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire of Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it." Harry S. Truman

The 10 Truest Things Harry Truman Said About Republicans | Fired Up! Missouri

Or...

But I doubt I am wrong.

And so do you.

Your premise is flawed.

You assume, wrongfully, that either side could be honest with themselves and their peers to admit being wrong...

If you were twice as smart as you actually are you'd rise to the level of "Idiot."

Which means I'd still be twice as smart, and more honest, than you...

Last edited:
"I do not believe there is a problem in this country or the world today which could not be settled if approached through the teaching of the Sermon on the Mount." Harry S. Truman

Wrong about what? Would you rather McCain-Palin or Romney-Ryan? Seeing Palin on TV reminds me of the absurdity of McCain's selection, seeing Ryan reminds me of the heartlessness of the modern entitled American. Neither would be a better choice. As far as President Obama I wish he'd get out of this trade agreement mentality that was passed down by Clinton and is a failure for the American worker. TPP is another nail in the coffin of America's working class.

I also wish Obama were more like Truman, tell it like it is, why this ridiculous political niceness? Republicans are a failure since Eisenhower, he was the last rational republican. The party is full of nutcases and far right lunatics. Look only at their record of wars when they are doing nothing but whining.

"Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home -but not for housing. They are strong for labor - but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage - the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all - but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine - for people who can afford them. They consider electrical power a great blessing - but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They think American standard of living is a fine thing - so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire of Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it." Harry S. Truman

The 10 Truest Things Harry Truman Said About Republicans | Fired Up! Missouri

When I was reading your post and came on the sentence "Republicans approve of the American farmer" etc. I thought it was a present day quote till I looked down and saw Harry S. Truman. Some things never change.

Or...

But I doubt I am wrong.

And so do you.

If I find out I'm wrong, I would have to determine one of Two things;

Did the drugs kick in and now I'm deluded
or
Did the drug wear off and it was all a bad dream

The POTUS actually exceeded my expectations so I already know what I would do. I'm happy with his performance in the face of unimaginable odds. We know that those that oppose him would have fainted trying to handle the job and thats why they didnt run for POTUS.

Me too. And as well as he has done, as much as he has accomplished, he could have done so much more if the damned Rs had not kept their promise to stop him, to obstruct, to screw over the nation.

Funny thing about this thread title ... Obama has been prez for 6 years. When is this big unveiling of The Real Obama gonna happen?

obama holds the record for most bills passed.

I wish you idiots could learn, cuz I'm telling you this for the umptenth time.

Your premise is flawed.

Which means I'd still be twice as smart, and more honest, than you...

At least you could thank me for leaving you an easy one.

I never let these happen.

I did so this time because I have been especially foul tempered and wanted to pay penance.

But if you don't at least express some Goddamed gratitude this will be the last time I show you any of the nice Mr. Mojo.

It's up to you.

'Thanks, Mojo2.'

C'mon, I know you have it in you.

:D

obama holds the record for most bills passed.

I wish you idiots could learn, cuz I'm telling you this for the umptenth time.

Why is that relevant? That just means the Repubs talked excretment in public and then voted correctly behind your back. The constant public warfare against everything is what I am talking about.

And they were led by or infiltrated/influenced by Communists, too.

Just like the right has always been "infiltrated" by neo-nazis, skinheads, and Klansmen. I won't paint you with that brush if you stop using these red herrings. You would get an F- in any logic class for that little gem. Really, is the right so intellectually bankrupt that you can't find better arguments than that? REALLY?

Forum List

Back