Obamacare has made Americans richer without fanfare

lobato1

Aug 6, 2013
Houston
According to Fox News’ Keith Rupert Murdoch’s newspaper’s “The Wall Street Journal" article from a couple of weeks ago, March 2014 & let’s take into account that January has historically forever been a horrible month economically due to all those temporary holiday jobs being eliminated plus construction also at a standstill due to bad weather.

Enjoy

Best Regards
Lobato1

So what exactly did the Obamacare rollout do to cause such a rise? For one, it expanded the Medicaid program, a critical and highly controversial aspect of the law, by adding up to a $19 billion in benefits in January. On top of that, health care enrollees additionally received another near $15 billion in the form of tax credits as a result of the rollout, according to the BEA.

:eusa_clap:

So what exactly did the Obamacare rollout do to cause such a rise? For one, It expanded the Medicaid program, a critical and highly controversial aspect of the law, by adding up to a $19 billion in benefits in January. On top of that, health care enrollees additionally received another near $15 billion in the form of tax credits as a result of the rollout, according to the BEA.

:eusa_clap:

The WSJ article stated & in it's words not mine & I quote verbatim:

Changes have freed up many Americans to spend money that would have gone towards health care premiums on goods and services instead. & that means more jobs

BTW:

Judging by your "Grandma" pseudonym, I assume you are on Medicare (like I am) & at this point in time, WS [R]Rep. Paul Ryan is once again trying to kill Medicare insurance for us seniors as he had tried back in 2011 but then the GOP ordered him to keep his mouth shut during the 2012 elections & then we seniors massively voted for the GOP crowd.

What part is it exactly that we seniors don’t understand about the GOP?

Sad.

Best Regards
Lobato1

According to Fox News’ Keith Rupert Murdoch’s newspaper’s “The Wall Street Journal" article from a couple of weeks ago, March 2014 & let’s take into account that January has historically forever been a horrible month economically due to all those temporary holiday jobs being eliminated plus construction also at a standstill due to bad weather.

Enjoy

Best Regards
Lobato1

Do you by any chance live in CO and partake of the newly legalized substance on a frequent basis?

Of course, what they fail to mention, is that doctors are refusing Medicaid insurance. Good luck finding a doctor in my area that will accept it. It's actually been kind of funny, the local lefty newspaper here ran an article about how a woman was so happy to go on Medicaid then found out that no one would accept it.

Then she interviewed her former doctor (who she really liked) and he was changing over to concierge care! That is the model that is going to become ever more common. The doctor is taking a significant hit financially, but he felt his quality of life was going to increase dramatically not having to worry about the insurance BS.

as you have done from your URL & I quote you verbatim:

Here is the link to the Wall Street Journal referenced in the OP article you should read it as well.
obamacare-effects-account-for-most-of-income-spending-increases

Obamacare Effects Account for Most of Income,

Spending Increases - Real Time Economics

& that is the reason I referenced the Huff Post Business article because nobody, absolutely nobody has received "INCOME" from Obamacare per se.

Best Regards
Lobato1

So if we doubled the price of gasoline, and promised a gov't subsidy of $500 to everyone earning under $60,000 a year then spending would soar and therefore we would be even richer!

Where do they teach this stuff?? Seriously.

wow wow wow, that spin was so bad it made my head hurt

leave it to the hufferpufferspinsite for the DNC

When spending is forced it makes no one "richer". The doctors get paid only a portion of the "normal" charges - so they make less money. The people have to pay larger deductions and higher rates so they don't get "richer". The insurance companies have not been paid anything because they forgot to put in a process to pay them so they aren't getting "richer". The whole process is subsidized by the tax payer which means higher taxes so the working class is not getting "richer".

How is anyone getting richer?

Last edited:

Enjoy

Best Regards
Lobato1

"According to Fox News"

Holly crap. It's 2014........

So if we doubled the price of gasoline, and promised a gov't subsidy of $500 to everyone earning under $60,000 a year then spending would soar and therefore we would be even richer!

Not in the Department of Economics, that's for sure. No, this thinking is found in PoliSci departments.

I'm at the point where I think requiring every student to take Intro to Micro- and Macroeconomics as freshmen just like we make everyone take Writing 101 and College Algebra is the best way to get a handle on this.

Not in the Department of Economics, that's for sure. No, this thinking is found in PoliSci departments.

I'm at the point where I think requiring every student to take Intro to Micro- and Macroeconomics as freshmen just like we make everyone take Writing 101 and College Algebra is the best way to get a handle on this.

The problem is that there are way too many people going to college. A lot of them have sub par IQs. This means that they not only will not understand what they are reading, they will misconstrue it. I've seen this time after time on this site. So having them read an Econ textbook will result in them knowing less about economics, not more. Because what they think they know is wrong.
Maybe we start in high school. Maybe we give away Sowell's Economics for the average citizen free. I dunno.

1 in 6 American men are still jobless. Rich lefties like Bloominthal could use their money to cure cancer or build a hospital or stimulate the economy in other ways but he wants to donate two billion to anti-2nd Amendment propaganda.

Obamacare will fail in the long run as more Americans become dependent on the government to provide for them.

I would like to work with leaders of both parties to AVOID this.
By shifting the ACA system to the Democrats to work out a better
plan for Singlepayer if that is their goal and purpose, and just
agree to manage it through their PARTY system, as a choice for citizens who WANT that,
not mandate it through federal govt unless the taxes and regulations
can still be exempted or separated for members of other PARTIES who want a different system.

And reward all other parties or groups for setting up their own systems for their members.

Either making these private where people agree to enroll and participate voluntarily.

Of if the federal mandates are kept, then opening up the exemptions and options
to any and all groups who manage their own members and health care systems.

Not just imposing or requiring the Democrats version through ACA or Singlepayer
as the only choice that is not penalized.

SINCE PARTIES may NEVER agree on one way for the whole nation and all our diverse
populations of conflicting values and beliefs, why not agree to separate, similar to letting all people choose their own church and system of tithing to it and running programs under it.

I believe that would solve multiple problems, and allow maximum freedom and reward for citizens and leaders to set up the systems they believe in to make them work, without interference or imposition on or from any other group with different beliefs or values.

Obamacare will fail in the long run as more Americans become dependent on the government to provide for them.

Ur comment makes it clear that u are not familiar with the basic tenets of the ACA...it is not a government system that "provides" for all...that would be "single payor" like what Canada, GB and France have ( and r happy with actually).
The ACA is a law which supports the existing private insurance industry in offering an array of health coverage plans on the competitive market..with certain provisions ( such as inclusion of subscribers w pre-existing conditions, elimination of arbitrary caps on coverage and subsidies for the indigent) to make it possible for ALL Americans to have access to health coverage...whether employed or not.
That in no way interferes with freedom..in fact; it enhances freedom from being "stuck" in a particular job to maintain health insurance...and freedom to seek life sustaining treatment regardless of employment status, chronic illness or any other variable that has previously prevented disadvantaged folks from accessing the best healthcare in the world...

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back