What will you do if he doesnt win?

If Romney wins, I predict not a lot will happen. I expect the recession will continue and taxes will go up for me and down for others, but c'est la vie. My State is fairly Red and my fate is fairly tied to State politics more so than Federal. So a Republican president isn't likely to make my situation any worse or better.

I probably wont' come around here that much, but recently I've been too busy to stop by even once a week, so that won't change.

The only thing I'll be happy about is seeing the end of the Tea Party. Once it's done it's job the funding for it will be pulled by the PACs and with Romney and Ryan in the White House a lot of the wind will be out of their sails, despite the fact Romney is going to pretty much enact the same policies as Obama. They started out as such a good idea, and then just ran off a cliff.

What is up with the Republicans of late attacking college students?

I'm not attacking College Students... I'm attacking people who want to be accepted as adults, yet they continue to act like children when it comes to the responsibilities that come with being an adult... You of all people should understand that.

Exactly the response I'd expect from someone seeking a higher education.

Response given to someone who ignored the convo on the other page and making himself look like a asshat.

You really should ask yourself why you are throwing your money away on a College Education... You cannot even write a simple sentence without sounding completely nonsensical.

Evaluate my life. See if there is anything I need to repent of that I haven't. Repent. Prepare for what's coming. Might be good advice regardless who wins

Evaluate my life. See if there is anything I need to repent of that I haven't. Repent. Prepare for what's coming. Might be good advice regardless who wins

If you're looking for proof of a judgement on America, a victory of either candidate will probably fit your criteria. Romney only won the nomination because he had the money to literally beat the other candidates, many who were more conservative than himself by wide margins, about the head with stacks of twenties until they gave in. A Romney victory is a win for money, pure and simple, over any kind of dogma or principles.

That'll be the worst thing about a Romney victory for me. I personally don't mind the man, and I can't be mad at a politician for being a flip flopper just like I can't be mad at a dog for barking. It's what they do. The worst part of a Romney win for me will be knowing that the era of principled candidates, Conservative or Liberal, is over. Winning will be a function of cash, as Romney will show that weak liberal governor from a blue state can win running as a "Conservative" with enough money.

Should he win, no one with principles need apply.

If The Obama wins, I'll wait another 2-3 years to buy another house - by then, property values will fall enough that I can pick up that little beach-side vacation pad for next to nothing.

I'll also buy a few more crates of 5.56x45 and 7.62x51 off the internet and have them shipped UPS to my door.

IF Mitt wins i would be worried about my student loans and about being kicked off my parents healthcare and about mitt starting a war with Iran.

Ever consider being responsible for yourself?

As i am only a JR in college and i work two jobs and go to classes i think i do just fine.

Your students loans wont come due until you start working. Under Obama that's potentially never, as unemployment/underemployment among college grads under 25 is like 50%.
Your colllege probably offers an excellent health care plan cheaper than what your parents are paying. I know I put my daughter on her college's and dropped her from my policy.
If you're not in the military WTF do you care about war with Iran?

IMO, most of the rightwingers will either commit suicide or start gunning down random people.

The lefties will merely regroup.

Someone has right wingers confused with Muslims......:eusa_whistle:

I would really like to avoid a war with Iran. As it stands right now Obama and Romney have the same stance on Iran. If that changes, and it seems certain one favors military action over the other, well then my vote will shift from Johnson to whoever favors peace.

I look forward to the pain that Pres. Obama will feel at the humiliation of being yet another one term Democrat President.

This.
I am looking forward to the gross humiliation of Obama and the liberal Dems in the election. It will be a nuclear attack on them. They will be the most discredited, humiliated party and president in history. Obama will have to leave the country and settle in France to write his memoirs to escape the stench of his defeat. His name will be a byword of failure and incompetence. Policy makers will consider a proposal and someone wil interject "That sounds like something from the Obama Administration" and the whole idea will be dropped like a hot potato.
That's what Im talking about.

If you're not in the military WTF do you care about war with Iran?

Because the last war with Iraq was paid for almost entirely by borrowing cash from China, instead of via war bonds or budget cuts. Iran is a hell of a lot stronger militarily and more motivated to resist than Iraq ever was, meaning a war with Iran will make the entire Iraq campaign look like a Three Stooges slap fight.

If a war with Iran must be fought, then c'est la vie, but this time pay for it right. If there's another way, I'd much rather not. I'd rather not go to war if I can't afford it, but I'm an old school fiscal con that way.

I would really like to avoid a war with Iran. As it stands right now Obama and Romney have the same stance on Iran. If that changes, and it seems certain one favors military action over the other, well then my vote will shift from Johnson to whoever favors peace.

You mis-spelled "capitulation".

Forum List

Back