What The Election Of Scott Brown Means

csbarry

I'm just getting started!
Jan 20, 2010
Turn around ...
The election of Scott Brown was more than a historical moment. On behalf of the Nation, Massachusetts sent the following message to Washington; stand behind the Health Care Reform Bill, and you would be well advised to have your resume updated, before your current term in office is up.

The election of Scott Brown was more than a historical moment. On behalf of the Nation, Massachusetts sent the following message to Washington; stand behind the Health Care Reform Bill, and you would be well advised to have your resume updated, before your current term in office is up.

What will people in Massachusetts do because Brown, as the lowest man on the totem pole until 2011, cannot possibly bring home the level of bacon that the teflon Kennedy did?

What is it with these righty-whiteys that seem to think that Washington is full of Messiahs who can fix everything yesterday?

As I stated in another thread, the people of the MBC have been joyfully chewing up those who thought they were part of their own ever since the first bunch landed at Plymouth Rock!

What will people in Massachusetts do because Brown, as the lowest man on the totem pole until 2011, cannot possibly bring home the level of bacon that the teflon Kennedy did?

What is it with these righty-whiteys that seem to think that Washington is full of Messiahs who can fix everything yesterday?

As I stated in another thread, the people of the MBC have been joyfully chewing up those who thought they were part of their own ever since the first bunch landed at Plymouth Rock!

Brown ain't gonna vote with the left for free. If he wants bacon - he'll get a whole fucking state full of piggies. They will give him ANYTHING he wants, just for one little vote.

One thing this election should mean is the House and Senate need new leadership. Reid and Pelosi are pushing the Democratic party the wrong way.

I sure would like to watch msnbc today.... Last night it looked like Chris Mathews had just found out that his mother died when he realized Brown was going to win....LOL I would love to hear what Ogerman had to say.... :)

Yesterday is gone. Conservatives of all parties need to learn and move forward. Capture the energy of this moment and push for change in the size and expense of government. Donate time and money to those who will make the changes necessary. Quality candidates and the resolve to patiently understand the public and deliver a plan to meet the needs.

Hey Nevada and California! It is your turn next to show Massachusetts is right.

Do you know how many years the Rs have been talking small government and delivering huge deficits?

The idependents who went R in this case HAD medical coverage just like congress is trying to give us.

How the hell can you say people who voted for a near universal coverage in their own state are voting against "big government"?

They voted this way because they believed the lies this pretty con man told them.

They will be very disapointed with his real votes.

What this means for the Democrats is they need to get their heads out of their collective arses and reach across the isle. What is means for the Republicans is they need to either put up or shut up. Either they reshape the HC reform with the Dems, or they will be viewed as obstructionist.

The big lesson for the Dems is no one, including myself, likes to see Bills drawn behind closed doors. This country will never be unilaterally governed by one party. Will HC reform survive? I think it will, but it may look far differently than it does now.

I have seen Scott Brown on The View and on The Jay Leno Show. I have no idea how he will vote or exactly what his beliefs are. I just wanted to say that he seems like a really nice guy. I did not detect any insincerity in him. I really liked him.

We'll see what happens!!!

When it came to mandatory health care in Massachusetts, the populace were not given the option. Mitt Romney stuffed this program down our throats and now we're stuck with it until we can get rid of it. The citizens of Massachusetts did not vote this policy into law.

So did Mass vote for Brown because:
They have Mandatory Health Care and they hate it?
Or they just don't want to pay their share for the rest of the country because they already have it?

When it came to mandatory health care in Massachusetts, the populace were not given the option. Mitt Romney stuffed this program down our throats and now we're stuck with it until we can get rid of it. The citizens of Massachusetts did not vote this policy into law.

Correct me if I"m worng, but you didn't vote gay marriage in either did you?? That was your Dem legislature.

If they are trying to stuff this shit down your throat then you need to change whoever is making the decisions in your State. The legislature and the Gov. Get folks who will pay attention to what you want, not what they think you want or what they want.

The only thing the people of Massachusetts need is a choke collar for runaway government, a reduction in government salaries, outlawing unfunded pensions, and their government workers should start paying into Social Security.

Whoops, did I say that out loud?

I have no idea why anyone opposed the jobs bill, would like to see the reasoning. Unfortunately, we need an army of Scott Brown's to fix this nation.

You know that Scott Brown supports RomneyCare right?

If Scott Brown's decision is to say no throughout his foreseeably short political career then the Republicans will continue to be without leadership.

We're kind of screwed here in Massachusetts; petitions and public initiatives are basically worthless in this state. In order for the results of either to be included on the ballot the legislature has to approve it. If they don't want it, we don't get to vote on it. We didn't want same sex marriage, but they kept us from voting on it. We didn't want health care reform, but we didn't get to vote on it. Massachusetts is one of about a dozen states where you can petition the government and they get to tell you "go to hell".

We're kind of screwed here in Massachusetts; petitions and public initiatives are basically worthless in this state. In order for the results of either to be included on the ballot the legislature has to approve it. If they don't want it, we don't get to vote on it. We didn't want same sex marriage, but they kept us from voting on it. We didn't want health care reform, but we didn't get to vote on it. Massachusetts is one of about a dozen states where you can petition the government and they get to tell you "go to hell".

Well, perhaps you should stop electing idiots.

And, if the few intelligent people in my home state could do likewise, that would be great.

Well, perhaps you should stop electing idiots.

And, if the few intelligent people in my home state could do likewise, that would be great.

Is Mitt Romney an idiot?

Forum List

Back