What The Election Of Scott Brown Means

The election of Scott Brown was more than a historical moment. On behalf of the Nation, Massachusetts sent the following message to Washington; stand behind the Health Care Reform Bill, and you would be well advised to have your resume updated, before your current term in office is up.

What will people in Massachusetts do because Brown, as the lowest man on the totem pole until 2011, cannot possibly bring home the level of bacon that the teflon Kennedy did?

What is it with these righty-whiteys that seem to think that Washington is full of Messiahs who can fix everything yesterday?

As I stated in another thread, the people of the MBC have been joyfully chewing up those who thought they were part of their own ever since the first bunch landed at Plymouth Rock!

Brown ain't gonna vote with the left for free. If he wants bacon - he'll get a whole fucking state full of piggies. They will give him ANYTHING he wants, just for one little vote.

And the Tea Baggers support this type of politician????

We're kind of screwed here in Massachusetts; petitions and public initiatives are basically worthless in this state. In order for the results of either to be included on the ballot the legislature has to approve it. If they don't want it, we don't get to vote on it. We didn't want same sex marriage, but they kept us from voting on it. We didn't want health care reform, but we didn't get to vote on it. Massachusetts is one of about a dozen states where you can petition the government and they get to tell you "go to hell".

Well, perhaps you should stop electing idiots.

And, if the few intelligent people in my home state could do likewise, that would be great.

Is Mitt Romney an idiot?
No I don't think Romeys an idiot .I think he pushed this through thinking it would help the State.

From what I've read about MACARE not everyone is covered and its costing a fortune to implement.

I think thats what will happen to the country if the clusterfuck of a bill passes. The millions who don't have insurance will be covered but it will be on the backs of all of us who do have health insurance. We will pay higher premium costs. NOthing is ever for free . Not my cup of tea at all.

We're kind of screwed here in Massachusetts; petitions and public initiatives are basically worthless in this state. In order for the results of either to be included on the ballot the legislature has to approve it. If they don't want it, we don't get to vote on it. We didn't want same sex marriage, but they kept us from voting on it. We didn't want health care reform, but we didn't get to vote on it. Massachusetts is one of about a dozen states where you can petition the government and they get to tell you "go to hell".

And, if the few intelligent people in my home state could do likewise, that would be great.

Is Mitt Romney an idiot?

beats me, but he was never in the mass state legislature so that has me leaning towards answering *no*.

Is Mitt Romney an idiot?

Teddy was... and he 'owned' that seat.

Is Mitt Romney an idiot?

No, unfortunately he is not. He is a menace to society.

A governor in Massachusetts has no power. Everyone in Mass knows the boss is the Speaker, and with a 90% Dem legislature, there is little breathing room. 70% of the porkulus bill went to government salaries here so far. Whatever, this state has no choice but to reform here soon, Patrick is gone, and GOP making siginificant gains here. One can only hope they aren't RINOs.

Scott approved a jobs bill. This is just the beginning for him. He has to be patient, and I expect there will be more Scott Brown's joining him in the upcoming elections. We have some extremely brutal and hard decisions for federal government in our future, and Scott is going to need help implementing these reforms. There will be increases in taxation for some, there will be government downsizing, and there will be massive cuts in spending. It won't happen today, but it is coming. Scott's commitment to Afghanistan is foolish to me. We are now committed to a 12 to 18 month assault, and that is ridiculous. We should be migrating out of there and yesterday. I would like to see him shift there.

A governor in Massachusetts has no power. Everyone in Mass knows the boss is the Speaker, and with a 90% Dem legislature, there is little breathing room. 70% of the porkulus bill went to government salaries here so far. Whatever, this state has no choice but to reform here soon, Patrick is gone, and GOP making siginificant gains here. One can only hope they aren't RINOs.

Scott approved a jobs bill. This is just the beginning for him. He has to be patient, and I expect there will be more Scott Brown's joining him in the upcoming elections. We have some extremely brutal and hard decisions for federal government in our future, and Scott is going to need help implementing these reforms. There will be increases in taxation for some, there will be government downsizing, and there will be massive cuts in spending. It won't happen today, but it is coming. Scott's commitment to Afghanistan is foolish to me. We are now committed to a 12 to 18 month assault, and that is ridiculous. We should be migrating out of there and yesterday. I would like to see him shift there.

Wanna bet?

The government has NEVER shrunk - and it's certainly not going to start now.

I agree, but I still have hope it can happen. I don't see any way out of this mess, with the exception of a complete collapse of our economy. The only way we can cut spending will include massive cuts to government. This can be accomplished by retirements, and when they are gone, they are not replaced. You still have a bunch, 500K on the federal side hired before 1983 who never paid into Social Security, so those folks will be leaving, and not soon enough.

Forum List

Back