The overreaction on tha MA election is astounding

It was a historically significant victory which overturned a traditionally Democatic seat.

Does it signal a 2010 rout by the republicans? Perhaps not, but it was a wakeup call for the Dems

It was a historically significant victory which overturned a traditionally Democatic seat.

Does it signal a 2010 rout by the republicans? Perhaps not, but it was a wakeup call for the Dems

Not evidenced by the reaction in the press, on this board or amongst the leaders of the Democratic party. Like I said, it was just a fluke, keep doing what you are doing.

It is very entertaining to observe.

I disagree. I have not seen the "official" results, but early estimates stated that Brown was victroious due to the Indepedent vote. This same Indepdent vote put Barack Obama into the White House. IF the early estimates are true, this COULD be a sign of things to come for the Democratic party, no?

I disagree. I have not seen the "official" results, but early estimates stated that Brown was victroious due to the Indepedent vote. This same Indepdent vote put Barack Obama into the White House. IF the early estimates are true, this COULD be a sign of things to come for the Democratic party, no?

Time will tell. it mostly depends on how the economy does in the next year or so.
Americans have a VERY short memory. And seem to love being programmed.

Time will tell. it mostly depends on how the economy does in the next year or so.
Americans have a VERY short memory. And seem to love being programmed.

Exactly. This short memory, along with the Democrats' "business as usual" politics in regards to healthcare reform, have eroded the support of the American people. Unless Obama drops back and punts on healthcare reform, and puts a stop to sweetheart deals for unions and individual states, in order to garner votes, that erosion will only continue, IMHO.

Since it has been said that Mr. Brown is not exactly a standard bearer for Conservatism, the full results of this Massachusetts Miracle is not quite clear.

On the other hand, some implications DO seem to be pretty clear already.

The Health Care "bill" which WAS being cobbled together by the liberal Democratics is now in serious trouble. Yes; it is true, the Democrat "leadership" could decide to ignore the message that the majority of voters in Massachusetts just sent, and try to cram some version of that misguided "bill" through Congress (and by using any one of several possible parliamentary type techniques to get that accomplished). But if the innate common sense imposed on Congresscritters by the discipline of having to run for re-election works, the "leadership" might not be as able at this point to pull it off.

It is also pretty clear that the voters of EVEN a liberal Democrat dominated state like Massachusetts HAVE indeed sent a message.

Suddenly finding themselves one vote shy of a SuperMajority, the liberal Democratics are now confronted with the consequences of their leadership's appalling lack of concern with the will of the electorate. If you don't think there are consequences in what happened yesterday, you are deluding yourselves.

The message got sent and it has been received loud and clear by the folks in Washington who are obliged to pay attention to those things.

I agree....and I look forward to watching the newly elected Senator keep his campaign promises to the people of Massachusetts.

I agree....and I look forward to watching the newly elected Senator keep his campaign promises to the people of Massachusetts.
Just to satisfy My curiosity. Do you also look forward to Mr. Obama keeping his campaign promises?

Just to satisfy My curiosity. Do you also look forward to Mr. Obama keeping his campaign promises?

I USED to....

Expecting a politician to keep campaign promises?
How Niave. (sp?)

Political advertisements are specifically exempt from the truth in advertising law for a reason.

Expecting a politician to keep campaign promises?
How Niave. (sp?)

Political advertisements are specifically exempt from the truth in advertising law for a reason.

So, evidently, Bodey could not have meant it when she posted it?

By the way, many of us do expect elected politicians to honor their promises. To the extent they fail to live up to such promises, they can expect crticism, rebuke and perhaps a denial of our votes the next time around.

I really think the outcome of Brown's election is likely to reverberate negatively among some Democrats regarding support for ObamaCare and other initiatives in Barry's agenda.

This was a stunning defeat. Losing the recent governor races in VA and NJ were bad, but they could plausibly rationalize them away, at least in their minds. But virtually no Democrat just a couple of short weeks ago could fathom losing a Senate seat in the bluest of blue states that was occupied by their liberal lion Teddy for nearly a half century and in whose legacy they've dedicated their health care scheme.

Now though they've been hit right between the eyes by a voters' revolt. And, some will be thinking, if it can happen in MA - to Teddy's old seat - it can happen anywhere. No one is safe if they continue to ignore the will of the people and support the insanity of Obama, Reid, Pelosi, et al. Look for some House and Senate support to start to wane and eventually abandon ObamaCare as it's currently construed. In fact, warnings are already being sounded. Evan Bayh got the ball rolling already last night:

"There’s going to be a tendency on the part of our people to be in denial about all this,” Bayh told ABC News, but “if you lose Massachusetts and that’s not a wake-up call, there’s no hope of waking up...Whenever you have just the furthest left elements of the Dem party attempting to impose their will on the rest of the country -- that's not going to work too well."

Obama and those who support his insanity have painted themselves into a very tight corner now, and their only hope is to change.

btw: As far as Republicans go, Brown is fairly moderate (despite what the Chokely ads tried to say about him :lol:). But regardless, it was still a huge upset and can rightly be called the vote heard round the country.

I'm one of those "independents" that voted for Obama... and Brown. :thup:

I'm actually feeling a little proud of the Massachusetts electorate today, and that's saying something.

btw: As far as Republicans go, Brown is fairly moderate (despite what the Chokely ads tried to say about him :lol:). But regardless, it was still a huge upset and can rightly be called the vote heard round the country.

I'm one of those "independents" that voted for Obama... and Brown. :thup:

I'm actually feeling a little proud of the Massachusetts electorate today, and that's saying something.

and then some.

would you like some 5 layer dip? :D

Forum List

Back