What should happen to Pfc. Bradley Manning?

And what type of Clearance did you hold?

I had a very heavily compartmentalized TS. And worked with TS material for most of my 22 years. You don't see me talking about what any of it was do you......

There a reason for that..... your hero PFC and obviously you, haven't yet learned that...

I bet you never came off as unstable, though. Manning did. The military should have weeded him out. In the end, it is the military's fault for letting him fall through the cracks.

Excellent point. S2 (Intel and Security) should have caught it and revoked or denied his clearance. Also there was some shoddy internet security that should have been caught by NSA which allowed him access to Top Secret info through a Secret link.....

Still doesn't excuse him......

I had a very heavily compartmentalized TS. And worked with TS material for most of my 22 years. You don't see me talking about what any of it was do you......

There a reason for that..... your hero PFC and obviously you, haven't yet learned that...

I bet you never came off as unstable, though. Manning did. The military should have weeded him out. In the end, it is the military's fault for letting him fall through the cracks.

Excellent point. S2 (Intel and Security) should have caught it and revoked or denied his clearance. Also there was some shoddy internet security that should have been caught by NSA which allowed him access to Top Secret info through a Secret link.....

Still doesn't excuse him......

Of course not. What he did was wrong. What the military did was wrong as well. Plenty of blame to go around.

Actually, for a while, I held a Secret Clearance. Had to get fingerprinted and everything. The Army had some funny idea that if as an Armorer and then a Supply Sergeant, if I had access to the Arms Vault, I should have a secret clearance.

Then the Walker Spy Scandal happened, and the military realized they had given out too many secret clearences, which is how Walker's family became a clearinghouse for stuff that went to the Soviets that had absolutely no effect on how the Cold War turned out.

Sorry, just can't get that upset when the government keeps secrets and someone finds them out.

Then you never should have held a clearance...............

Oh, I agree. Nothing I was doing required me to handle classified material or to have access to it.

That said, Manning did nothing but expose the military's lies. And given this war has been predicated on one lie after another, I'm just having a hard time being upset because he exposed a few of them.

Once again, show me the lies........

He exposed over 250,000 classified documents......... That is not a few of anything.......

It tells me that if a government needs to classify 250K documents, it is being less than candid with the people who pay the bills and give the orders.

He exposed the lies after the American people decided they had enough of this war.

Tell me true, do you think if they put Manning in front of a civilian jury, they'd convict him of anything?

Do you think if they had an ironclad case, they'd have really waited 3 years to put him on trial?

My guess. He'll plead to something lesser, get a Dishonorable Discharge, and get off with time served. He'll then go out and write a book that will make the military look even worse and retire a rich man.

he had the clearance, the forms where read to him, he signed them, he knew exactly was was expected of him. He should suffer the penalty the Court metes out. I think they should slam-dunk his ass.

as far as this shit about what he released, everyone has their own view on what 'needs to be known or told', fortunately for society the non pathologically stupid know that a) not every secret released will always please their particular view, b) not everyone who works in the field he did knows everything, they see parts at a time, very very rarely see the whole picture, he would never know if what he release(s) could get people killed.

He exposed over 250,000 classified documents......... That is not a few of anything.......

It tells me that if a government needs to classify 250K documents, it is being less than candid with the people who pay the bills and give the orders.

He exposed the lies after the American people decided they had enough of this war.

Tell me true, do you think if they put Manning in front of a civilian jury, they'd convict him of anything?

Do you think if they had an ironclad case, they'd have really waited 3 years to put him on trial?

My guess. He'll plead to something lesser, get a Dishonorable Discharge, and get off with time served. He'll then go out and write a book that will make the military look even worse and retire a rich man.

how does that follow? :eusa_eh:up your drip, thats ludicrous.

Oh he has offered a plea deal, it would get him 16 years if the Military accepts it.

Now if he is offering a deal for 16 years how much else is he guilty of?

And remember the deal is coming from him.

As far as the time, his lawyers are still eating the time.....

You really haven't researched this have you?

If it's impossible for him to say it because you said it is impossible to make stuff out, you're going to hang America?
I said there was no way you could tell if that was a camera or a weapon from that video image. And since those people were not doing anything threatening, just standing around in the open talking to each other, you cannot conclude hostile intent on the part of the crowd. And if you can't do that, then you can't shoot.

As far as hanging America, you don't think when people see a nation, that is based on the rule of law, commit war crimes right in front of you, then joke about them later, that doesn't trash our American heritage? Were supposed to be the beacon of democracy, not bastion of hypocrisy.

Thank you for kicking yourself where it hurts. That way, we don't have to. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:
I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

if this were legal, and how I feel about this traitor, I would beat this guy up to a pulp!! This Bradley Manning is a disgrace, and deserves no mercy!!

If it's impossible for him to say it because you said it is impossible to make stuff out, you're going to hang America?
I said there was no way you could tell if that was a camera or a weapon from that video image. And since those people were not doing anything threatening, just standing around in the open talking to each other, you cannot conclude hostile intent on the part of the crowd. And if you can't do that, then you can't shoot.

As far as hanging America, you don't think when people see a nation, that is based on the rule of law, commit war crimes right in front of you, then joke about them later, that doesn't trash our American heritage? Were supposed to be the beacon of democracy, not bastion of hypocrisy.

Thank you for kicking yourself where it hurts. That way, we don't have to. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:
I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

Look closer.............

This was no war crime. Study the circumstances.....They were only blocks away from where there had been an ambush set up for American Troops. They had weapons and you can't deny that except by lying. Our troops did not plant AK's and RPG and shells at the scene. Now if you had some actual proof of that, then there must be 50 or 60 witnesses on the ground who could have seen this..... Or didn't you watch the end of the video where the Boots got there and rushed the wounded to a hospital?

Every time an Illegal Combatant picks up a rock with Murder in his Heart, it borders on "War Crime". Funny how that is.

[

You're being intentionally dense, aren't you?

This war was predicated on a lie (Saddam had WMD's) and there've been a ton of lies told since.

The things that Manning released aren't things the Army didn't want the enemy to know. The enemy knew this shit already.

It's stuff they didnt' want Ma and Pa back in America to know about why little Johnny was coming back from Iraq with PTSD.... Oh, yeah, it was those civilians he shot.

Oh he has offered a plea deal, it would get him 16 years if the Military accepts it.

Now if he is offering a deal for 16 years how much else is he guilty of?

And remember the deal is coming from him.

As far as the time, his lawyers are still eating the time.....

You really haven't researched this have you?

Actually, 16 is the maximum he can get, and he probably will get off with time served.

The Army doesn't want its dirty laundry aired again.

[

This war was predicated on a lie (Saddam had WMD's) and there've been a ton of lies told since.

The things that Manning released aren't things the Army didn't want the enemy to know. The enemy knew this shit already.

It's stuff they didnt' want Ma and Pa back in America to know about why little Johnny was coming back from Iraq with PTSD.... Oh, yeah, it was those civilians he shot.

you keep forgetting that Saddam broke the terms of the cease- fire repeatedly

[

you keep forgetting that Saddam broke the terms of the cease- fire repeatedly

Yeah, and why is that my problem again?

do you think part of his plea deal may be that if he opens his yap he will go right back into the slammer?

Forum List

Back