What should happen to Pfc. Bradley Manning?

God also instructed the Israelites to commit genocide. Are we now placing ourselves above God to make genocide a crime against humanity?
God never instructed anyone to kill anything.

But HE did tell the Israelites they are to remain in exile until HE comes back down to earth. So, according to God, creating the state of Israel, is going against HIS will.

I think you need to petition for time in front of the UN council and tell them that.

Nope, that's my response to your repeated inquiries into what the scriptures, you claimed to have a vast knowledge of, say. You are the one who claimed to have had years of biblical study under your belt while being indoictrinated into the papist church. I think you may have confused catechism with the bible. The two differ on more subjects than I care to go into right now. The God given right to defend yourself, your loved ones, your tribe, your community, your nation and the innocents, coupled with the God given right to exectute secular punishment, up to and including capital punishment, on anti-social and dangerous law breakers is all the right I need to justify killing someone.
You're the one who made the claim that God said it's okay to kill people. I asked you, where did HE say that. You said, "Matt. 7:6". I Googled Matt. 7:6 and it was about goats, not killing people. And now you're trying to project this problem onto me? Let me see if I get this straight, you make a claim, but it's up to me to go find what your talking about?

God does not tell people to kill other people. HE's never said it, never indicated it, does not condone violence of any kind and until you can pony-up the evidence that shows HE does, maybe you should go feed your goats in Matt. 7:6?

You sound much more like an Obama democrat than the Eisenhower republican you claim to be. I don't recall reading about incessant whining of Republicans in the 50s.However, I have read about the Rosenbergs who were executed for executed for treason.

Too bad they can't execute the plutocrats who are giving the Chinese all our industry. That seems a lot worse than anything the Rosenbergs probably didn't even do.

But your ignorance of what Eisenhower actually stood for is duly noted. Here's a quote that might clarify it for you..

HP_110930_Ike_Poster.jpg
Too bad they can't execute the plutocrats who are giving the Chinese all our industry.

Starting with the jobs czar Obama gave us whose last act in industry was CEO of GE and Jobs Czar Jeff Imelt sending $2 billion in jobs to China for G. E.?

Is that harsh enough?
It's different...somehow...it just is!! when Obama cronies do it.

Right, PinkoJoe?

[
Too bad they can't execute the plutocrats who are giving the Chinese all our industry.

Starting with the jobs czar Obama gave us whose last act in industry was CEO of GE and Jobs Czar Jeff Imelt sending $2 billion in jobs to China for G. E.?

Is that harsh enough?

Meh... maybe.

I guess you really think dragging up Imelt and probably spelling his name wrong is an argument stopper?
Oh, so Imelt should be given a get-out-of-jail-card free for spiriting thousands of jobs away from North America to China because his name was misspelled by some obscure poster in 10-billion-entries-per-day inter-web works because he's a Democrat and Obama pack animal? :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

I can almost understand that, Joe, but not to worry--not quite.

For those who don't know Pfc. Bradley Manning is the guy who gave Wikileaks all those documents and Wikileaks released them to the world.

By law, the United States can seek the death penalty for this act but choose not to.

Just wondering what you all think should happen to the guy.

What he leaked was things the government was keeping from its own people, not information the enemy didn't know.

It wasn't like he was releasing troop locations or plans to weapons.

He leaked the fact that the army killed civilians in Iraq and then sought to cover it up.

That isn't true.

The military judge, Col. Denise Lind, accepted terms Thursday under which Manning could plead guilty to a series of lesser counts of providing classified information to WikiLeaks, including a battlefield video file, dozens of war logs, and other classified material.

Manning is a traitor to his uniform, his comrades, and his country.

If found guilty he should receive the maximum penalty allowed by law.......

Sandy Berger stole classified secrets and got his law license revoked for 3 years. How's Manning any more of a traitor than republicans who sign a loyalty oath to fuzz faced Norver Growquist? Or republican politicians announcing war on Obama and the American people. You know, "our number one priority is to ensure Obama is a one term president".
How did they plan on doing it. By resisting anything the president tried to do.

No Republican declared war on Obama, but the scumbag did declare Republicans the enemy

“If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, ‘We’re gonna punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us,’ if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it’s gonna be harder and that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2.”

Manning probably thought the liberal media would turn him into a folk hero like they did with nut case Daniel Ellsberg and the legendary "pentagon papers" but it didn't happen. Now his life is ruined and even the Wiki guy is in trouble.

Question:

What was a PFC doing with unsupervised access to information of a sensitive nature ?

I had a Top Secret clearance as an A/3C in the USAF and had access to VERY sensitive information. It never occurred to me to give or sell that info to the enemies of the US that were killing my fellow Airmen or other military service members.

The only reason that I can think of that no one gets the firing squad for treason is that we haven't had a declared war since WWII. That is a damned shame, since a bastard that betrays his fellow soldiers while they are in harms way deserves to die.

I think Manning should receive an Army Commendation Medal and an Honorable Discharge RIGHT NOW! Drop the charges and forget the whole thing.

:badgrin:

I have a solution, drop him off in the mountains of Afghanistan and Pakistan where the Taliban hide out and announce to the Taliban a gay American soldier is running loose among the mountains in a pink jump suit....go find him.

You haven't a clue. And have you really watched that video?

I spotted the weapons, I bet you thing they were out on a picnic just a few blocks away from where our troops had just received small arms fire.

Collateral damage happens...... Always has always will.....

This does not excuse a punk idiot kid from exposing classified material.
You spotted nothing! The image is too blury. But one thing is for sure, there were two Rueters newsmen killed in this incident and last I checked, members of the media are not armed.

You see a bunch of guys standing around in front of a house. That is not a crime. Nor can you just open up on anyone you feel like shooting. Especially, since our very presence there was illegal.

What you saw was a war crime and covering this shit up is like making excuses for the Holocaust.

Except that the boots on the ground found weapons.....DUH

Forum List

Back