What should happen to Pfc. Bradley Manning?

Is the traitorous bastard unstable because he is gay, or is he gay because he is unstable?

Just askin'.

Or he's just a young man who saw his government participating in slaughter based on a lie, and decided to expose it.

Is this the lie that you refer too?

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

We didn't go to war with Iraq because Saddam might have chemical weapons, the cutting edge weapon of 1914.

We went to war because Bush claimed he had nukes he was going to give to Al Qaeda.

I don't put all the blame on Bush. He relied on what the intelligence agencies told him. And the probem with the CIA is that it needs to build up threats to justify its continued existence.

That's why they were still publishing all sorts of scary reports about the USSR until it collapsed.

End of the day, though, the buck stops at Bush's desk. He chose to go to war. 5000 Americans and 100,000 Iraqis died for no good reason.

And you want to hang Bradley Manning out to dry because he pointed it out?

Or he's just a young man who saw his government participating in slaughter based on a lie, and decided to expose it.

Is this the lie that you refer too?

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

We didn't go to war with Iraq because Saddam might have chemical weapons, the cutting edge weapon of 1914.

We went to war because Bush claimed he had nukes he was going to give to Al Qaeda.

I don't put all the blame on Bush. He relied on what the intelligence agencies told him. And the probem with the CIA is that it needs to build up threats to justify its continued existence.

That's why they were still publishing all sorts of scary reports about the USSR until it collapsed.

End of the day, though, the buck stops at Bush's desk. He chose to go to war. 5000 Americans and 100,000 Iraqis died for no good reason.

And you want to hang Bradley Manning out to dry because he pointed it out?

I want to hang the bastard out to dry because he aided and abetted the very people that were then and still are killing American soldiers.

Resolution 1441 stated that Iraq was in material breach of the ceasefire terms presented under the terms of Resolution 687. Iraq's breaches related not only to weapons of mass destruction (WMD), but also the known construction of prohibited types of missiles, the purchase and import of prohibited armaments, and the continuing refusal of Iraq to compensate Kuwait for the widespread looting conducted by Iraqi troops during the 1990–1991 invasion and occupation. It also stated that "...false statements or omissions in the declarations submitted by Iraq pursuant to this resolution and failure by Iraq at any time to comply with, and cooperate fully in the implementation of, this resolution shall constitute a further material breach of Iraq's obligations."

Bush crossed the T's and dotted the I's before committing troops to Iraq.

The Senate voted to approve the Joint Resolution with the support of large bipartisan majorities on 11 October 2002, providing the Bush administration with a legal basis for the U.S. invasion under U.S. law. The authorization was signed by President George W. Bush on 16 October 2002.

The resolution granted the authorization by the Constitution of the United States and the United States Congress for the President to command the military to fight anti-United States violence. Citing the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, (signed by Bill Clinton) the resolution reiterated that it should be the policy of the United States to remove the Hussein regime and promote a democratic replacement.

Last edited:

Incorrect.

He relied on information FABRICATED by the Pentagon’s Office of Special Plans

The new Pentagon papers

A high-ranking military officer reveals how Defense Department extremists suppressed information and twisted the truth to drive the country to war.

Col. Karen Kwiatkowski, USAF

Incorrect.

The new Pentagon papers

A high-ranking military officer reveals how Defense Department extremists suppressed information and twisted the truth to drive the country to war.

If there was a war party in the Pentagon, they knew they had an easy mark in Bush.

Saddam tried to murder his Pappy, after all.

Incorrect.

The new Pentagon papers

If there was a war party in the Pentagon, they knew they had an easy mark in Bush.

Saddam tried to murder his Pappy, after all.

Yet another bullshit story:

So, Did Saddam Hussein Try to Kill Bush's Dad?

by Jim Lobe

Both Ghazali and Assadi retracted their confessions during the trial, claiming that they were extracted by repeated beatings. At the time, Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International expressed strong doubts that the trials could be fair, noting that it had received credible reports of severe beatings meted out to defendants accused of capital crimes in Kuwait. Assadi insisted that he was asked by the Mukhabarat to plant bombs around shopping centers in Kuwait City.

U.S. investigators, however, reported that they believed the confessions were not coerced and noted the similarity in the construction of the bombs found with the Iraqis with one known to have been built in Iraq in 1991.

In October, 1993, however, New Yorker investigative journalist Seymour Hersh assailed the government's case as "seriously flawed," noting among other problems that seven bomb experts had told him that the devices were mass-produced and probably not even manufactured in Iraq. "

It tells me that if a government needs to classify 250K documents, it is being less than candid with the people who pay the bills and give the orders.

He exposed the lies after the American people decided they had enough of this war.

Tell me true, do you think if they put Manning in front of a civilian jury, they'd convict him of anything?

Do you think if they had an ironclad case, they'd have really waited 3 years to put him on trial?

My guess. He'll plead to something lesser, get a Dishonorable Discharge, and get off with time served. He'll then go out and write a book that will make the military look even worse and retire a rich man.

Oh he has offered a plea deal, it would get him 16 years if the Military accepts it.

Now if he is offering a deal for 16 years how much else is he guilty of?

And remember the deal is coming from him.

As far as the time, his lawyers are still eating the time.....

You really haven't researched this have you?

Actually, 16 is the maximum he can get, and he probably will get off with time served.

The Army doesn't want its dirty laundry aired again.

You are a fool. Do some research.

Look closer.............

This was no war crime. Study the circumstances.....They were only blocks away from where there had been an ambush set up for American Troops. They had weapons and you can't deny that except by lying. Our troops did not plant AK's and RPG and shells at the scene. Now if you had some actual proof of that, then there must be 50 or 60 witnesses on the ground who could have seen this..... Or didn't you watch the end of the video where the Boots got there and rushed the wounded to a hospital?
I happen to disagree with you, because many Iraq vets have stated that units carried drop weapons. And that they had an un-written policy, if you shoot an innocent civilian and they live, it's collateral damage. If they die, then they're re-classified as an insurgent.

It is obvious in the video that crowd posed no threat to anyone. People engaged in combat, don't usually hang around, out in the open like that. But just for the sake of argument, let's say you are correct and they were carrying weapons, let's also say the "mow down" was within the laws of war, what do you have to say about the van that came up after to take care of the wounded? Medical staff on either side are off-limits to any kind of fire in any condition. It is universally understood, they don't carry weapons. You cannot shoot them for any reason. And if you do, that's a war crime.

Many have stated? Really? Where are these statements? I can promise you that had one of my troops had a "dropped weapon". I would have known it and prosecuted them fully for it... Any good NCO would.

'The van was not medical staff and was not marked as such. All the pilots could determine was that they were aiding the enemy. Pretty stupid for the Iraqis at that time to stop with children in a van during a firefight....

:bsflag:
For those who don't know Pfc. Bradley Manning is the guy who gave Wikileaks all those documents and Wikileaks released them to the world.

By law, the United States can seek the death penalty for this act but choose not to.

Just wondering what you all think should happen to the guy.

Whistleblowers who attempt to rectify the disastrous policies of their nation are not criminals. They are patriots, and eventually are recognized as such. Bradley Manning is by no means the first American to serve his country in such a way."

:bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag:

Oh he has offered a plea deal, it would get him 16 years if the Military accepts it.

Now if he is offering a deal for 16 years how much else is he guilty of?

And remember the deal is coming from him.

As far as the time, his lawyers are still eating the time.....

You really haven't researched this have you?

Actually, 16 is the maximum he can get, and he probably will get off with time served.

I have. If the army had a good case, they'd have prosecuted him three years ago.

They are just hoping with the war over, everyone will have forgotten it...

[

It tells me that if a government needs to classify 250K documents, it is being less than candid with the people who pay the bills and give the orders.

how does that follow? :eusa_eh:up your drip, thats ludicrous.

You're being intentionally dense, aren't you?

This war was predicated on a lie (Saddam had WMD's) and there've been a ton of lies told since.

The things that Manning released aren't things the Army didn't want the enemy to know. The enemy knew this shit already.

It's stuff they didnt' want Ma and Pa back in America to know about why little Johnny was coming back from Iraq with PTSD.... Oh, yeah, it was those civilians he shot.

cut the shit-

does the government need to classify documents or not?

yes or no.

[

how does that follow? :eusa_eh:up your drip, thats ludicrous.

This war was predicated on a lie (Saddam had WMD's) and there've been a ton of lies told since.

The things that Manning released aren't things the Army didn't want the enemy to know. The enemy knew this shit already.

It's stuff they didnt' want Ma and Pa back in America to know about why little Johnny was coming back from Iraq with PTSD.... Oh, yeah, it was those civilians he shot.

cut the shit-

yes or no.

Not if they are using it to cover up war crimes, no.

Frankly, secrets have no place in a Democracy.

I have. If the army had a good case, they'd have prosecuted him three years ago.

They are just hoping with the war over, everyone will have forgotten it...

Then I suppose you could tell us all about the number of times that his lawyers pushed the trial back with motions from complete dismissal for denial of evidence to dismissal because he was in pretrial confinement.

cut the shit-

yes or no.

That is one of the most ignorant statements i ever heard....... So we should tell the world about all our military capabilities, strengths and weaknesses?

Fuck you for being so stupid.

Or republican politicians announcing war on Obama and the American people. You know, "our number one priority is to ensure Obama is a one term president".

"War"?

Retard.
Well, dear leader called Republicans 'the enemy' so many times, the only word that pops into their little pea brains now is 'war.' The concept of competition is unknown to the left because everything they ever wanted was given to them, so now receiving is an ultimatim-type entitlement, and Republican leaders have the balls to just say no to the little squealie-squirmies who want YOU to pay for their existence. :rolleyes:
Remember when Americans used to be courageous, and didn't mind working for what they wanted?

We're getting outnumbered by the whiny little bitches.

you keep forgetting that Saddam broke the terms of the cease- fire repeatedly
That was never stated in any Hans Blix report to the UNSC. Therefore, officially, no ceasefire was broken. Even if Blix reported that and the UNSC concluded that, we had no right to act unilaterally and basically say "fuck you" to the UN, we're going in.

Invading Iraq, was the highest crime a nation can commit. Not only was it illegal (violation of Article 51 of the UN Charter), it was also immoral (attacking a country that did not attack you first). It's also the most cowardly act this nation has ever done. Force a country to completely disarm, then attack with the most technological military the world has ever seen.
Blix' job was weapons of mass destruction -- not compliance with the terms of the cease-fire.

Saddam thanks you for your mindless support, but regrets to inform you that he was administered justice at the hands of the people he oppressed for decades.

For those who don't know Pfc. Bradley Manning is the guy who gave Wikileaks all those documents and Wikileaks released them to the world.

By law, the United States can seek the death penalty for this act but choose not to.

Just wondering what you all think should happen to the guy.
I hope he bunks with a big, hairy guy in prison who takes a "liking' to him.

cut the shit-

yes or no.

That is one of the most ignorant statements i ever heard....... So we should tell the world about all our military capabilities, strengths and weaknesses?

Fuck you for being so stupid.
PinkoJoe is a patriot.

Just not for America.

Forum List

Back