What should happen to Pfc. Bradley Manning?

You are a fool. Do some research.

I have. If the army had a good case, they'd have prosecuted him three years ago.

They are just hoping with the war over, everyone will have forgotten it...

Then I suppose you could tell us all about the number of times that his lawyers pushed the trial back with motions from complete dismissal for denial of evidence to dismissal because he was in pretrial confinement.

yOu mean why did his lawyers object to the fact they were violating his rights?

Seriously?

cut the shit-

It tells me that if a government needs to classify 250K documents, it is being less than candid with the people who pay the bills and give the orders.

does the government need to classify documents or not?

yes or no.

Not if they are using it to cover up war crimes, no.

Frankly, secrets have no place in a Democracy.

That is one of the most ignorant statements i ever heard....... So we should tell the world about all our military capabilities, strengths and weaknesses?

Fuck you for being so stupid.

You don't think they already know? Seriously?

Frankly, when a country starts keeping secrets, it's usually because they are afraid of their own people, not some "enemy".

I have yet to hear one of you jokers tell me yet what Manning supposedly revealed that was so helpful to the enemy, other than making the military look like liars.

I have. If the army had a good case, they'd have prosecuted him three years ago.

They are just hoping with the war over, everyone will have forgotten it...

Then I suppose you could tell us all about the number of times that his lawyers pushed the trial back with motions from complete dismissal for denial of evidence to dismissal because he was in pretrial confinement.

Seriously?

You're the one bitching about how long his trial is taking. Yet you deny that his lawyers have prolonged it. Did you know that they were bitching because he was in a protective cell, because he attempted suicide? Yes this held up the trial quite a while because they had to have evaluations done, and of course the Government evaluations weren't good enough so the Defense had to have their own done....

You got nothing..............

That is one of the most ignorant statements i ever heard....... So we should tell the world about all our military capabilities, strengths and weaknesses?

Fuck you for being so stupid.

You don't think they already know? Seriously?

Frankly, when a country starts keeping secrets, it's usually because they are afraid of their own people, not some "enemy".

I have yet to hear one of you jokers tell me yet what Manning supposedly revealed that was so helpful to the enemy, other than making the military look like liars.

Man, you ARE stupid.

Wikileaks Afghanistan: Taliban 'hunting down informants' - Telegraph

I suppose we should have told Japan and Germany all about our research on the Atom Bombs. Maybe they could have gotten them perfected faster than us then.... Gee would we be speaking German Or Japanese?

Now do you understand why Governments have secrets? Or should we publish the plans for all our new weapons because you think we should?

Maybe we should tell all our enemies about the subjects all our diplomats talk about with our allies? Much of what this kid released was just that. And guess what, it not only hurt us but hurt our allies too.
But that doesn't matter to you because you hate the USA so much....

I'm not so sure you served a day in any uniform other than cub scout. And if you did you disgrace it today......

Seriously?

You're the one bitching about how long his trial is taking. Yet you deny that his lawyers have prolonged it. Did you know that they were bitching because he was in a protective cell, because he attempted suicide? Yes this held up the trial quite a while because they had to have evaluations done, and of course the Government evaluations weren't good enough so the Defense had to have their own done....

You got nothing..............

Given that the shrinks said the guy wasn't suicidal after the initial arrest, and they insisted on throwing him naked into a cell, anyway, you can kind of see why they don't want this to go to trial.

Give him a bad conduct discharge and be done with it. When you're in a hole, stop digging.

I suppose we should have told Japan and Germany all about our research on the Atom Bombs. Maybe they could have gotten them perfected faster than us then.... Gee would we be speaking German Or Japanese?

Now do you understand why Governments have secrets? Or should we publish the plans for all our new weapons because you think we should?

Maybe we should tell all our enemies about the subjects all our diplomats talk about with our allies? Much of what this kid released was just that. And guess what, it not only hurt us but hurt our allies too.

I'm not so sure you served a day in any uniform other than cub scout. And if you did you disgrace it today......

Sorry, man, I just don't think that sending poor kids out to fight to defend corporate profits is very "Patriotic".

Let the Corporations raise their own armies...

The only people that they were keeping secrets from were Americans, because they screwed up and invaded a country that was no threat to us, and we acted in pretty brutal way trying to tame it.

ANd frankly, we've done more damage. When Mahmoud can walk down the streets of Baghdad and Dubya has to sneak in like a theif in the night so no one throws shoes at him, I think we've done more damage to ourselves than PFC Manning could ever do.

Sorry, man, I just don't think that sending poor kids out to fight to defend corporate profits is very "Patriotic".

Let the Corporations raise their own armies...

The only people that they were keeping secrets from were Americans, because they screwed up and invaded a country that was no threat to us, and we acted in pretty brutal way trying to tame it.

ANd frankly, we've done more damage. When Mahmoud can walk down the streets of Baghdad and Dubya has to sneak in like a theif in the night so no one throws shoes at him, I think we've done more damage to ourselves than PFC Manning could ever do.

Don't forget the bill isn't & won't be paid by the taxpayers for years while the defense contractors made out like bandits w/ tax-payer funds from people like daveman. ;)

You're being intentionally dense, aren't you?

This war was predicated on a lie (Saddam had WMD's) and there've been a ton of lies told since.

The things that Manning released aren't things the Army didn't want the enemy to know. The enemy knew this shit already.

It's stuff they didnt' want Ma and Pa back in America to know about why little Johnny was coming back from Iraq with PTSD.... Oh, yeah, it was those civilians he shot.

cut the shit-

It tells me that if a government needs to classify 250K documents, it is being less than candid with the people who pay the bills and give the orders.

does the government need to classify documents or not?

yes or no.

so the answer is yes. :lol:

I'd explain why thats nonsense, but you have zero critical thinking acuity, so, there really is no point. Ta...

I'd explain why thats nonsense, but you have zero critical thinking acuity, so, there really is no point. Ta...

Yup, since you have yet to prove to me that he exposed any secret other than making the Army look bad, I think you are the one lacking critical thinking skills.

We need to man up, admit that Iraq was one huge ass mistake, and move on.

Punishing the bit players is a little silly.

Is this the lie that you refer too?

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

We didn't go to war with Iraq because Saddam might have chemical weapons, the cutting edge weapon of 1914.

We went to war because Bush claimed he had nukes he was going to give to Al Qaeda.

I don't put all the blame on Bush. He relied on what the intelligence agencies told him. And the probem with the CIA is that it needs to build up threats to justify its continued existence.

That's why they were still publishing all sorts of scary reports about the USSR until it collapsed.

End of the day, though, the buck stops at Bush's desk. He chose to go to war. 5000 Americans and 100,000 Iraqis died for no good reason.

And you want to hang Bradley Manning out to dry because he pointed it out?

I want to hang the bastard out to dry because he aided and abetted the very people that were then and still are killing American soldiers.

Resolution 1441 stated that Iraq was in material breach of the ceasefire terms presented under the terms of Resolution 687. Iraq's breaches related not only to weapons of mass destruction (WMD), but also the known construction of prohibited types of missiles, the purchase and import of prohibited armaments, and the continuing refusal of Iraq to compensate Kuwait for the widespread looting conducted by Iraqi troops during the 1990–1991 invasion and occupation. It also stated that "...false statements or omissions in the declarations submitted by Iraq pursuant to this resolution and failure by Iraq at any time to comply with, and cooperate fully in the implementation of, this resolution shall constitute a further material breach of Iraq's obligations."
Bush crossed the T's and dotted the I's before committing troops to Iraq.

The Senate voted to approve the Joint Resolution with the support of large bipartisan majorities on 11 October 2002, providing the Bush administration with a legal basis for the U.S. invasion under U.S. law. The authorization was signed by President George W. Bush on 16 October 2002.

The resolution granted the authorization by the Constitution of the United States and the United States Congress for the President to command the military to fight anti-United States violence. Citing the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, (signed by Bill Clinton) the resolution reiterated that it should be the policy of the United States to remove the Hussein regime and promote a democratic replacement.
And the vote on H.J.Res. 114 was 77-23. If the majority of Democrats hadn't voted on it, they wouldn't have been re-elected. Unfortunately, the cushy-press crowd voted against it because in their districts, defending yourself is viewed as a crime against humanity.

[
And the vote on H.J.Res. 114 was 77-23. If the majority of Democrats hadn't voted on it, they wouldn't have been re-elected. Unfortunately, the cushy-press crowd voted against it because in their districts, defending yourself is viewed as a crime against humanity.

Saddam wasn't a threat to us. By removing him, we've actually made matters worse.

Let's review-

Iraq is now run by Shi'ites who have close ties to Iran
The government is too weak to keep extremists from setting up operations there.
Turkey has moved away from a pro-Western to a Pro-Islamist stance.

Also, a majority of Democrats in the House voted AGAINST the war resolution.

Yup, since you have yet to prove to me that he exposed any secret other than making the Army look bad, I think you are the one lacking critical thinking skills.

We need to man up, admit that Iraq was one huge ass mistake, and move on.

Punishing the bit players is a little silly.
No it wasn't. Homeland Security upped their warnings when we were hugely threatened more than 300 times (some say more than that) after 9/11, which emboldened terrorists.

Saddam, as I have linked several times, DID have WOMDs, they found plenty of enriched (weapons-ready) uranium showing his look into nukes was validated, and enough poison to wipe out the population of the globe 5 times over. Our security had been badly whittled down by liberal get-out-of-jail-free cards for terrorist laws, but still, the newly-formed Homeland Security warded all of it off, except we missed a train bombing in London, though we were on the terrorists' trail and helped the UK.

He is a traitor and should be executed as a traitor. Was Benedict Arnold shot or hanged?
He died a hero in Britain in 1801 and received a L6,000 stipend from the British government for life for leading British troops against American patriots in the Revolutionary War after he sold Americans out by giving plans to the British. When he was found out, he hastened himself behind enemy lines and began leading bloody campaigns against our first troops. He wound up being the most-hated man in the new Republic, but a hero in Britain with full support of the crown. If King George III's crown had been half as generous to Americans as they were to Benedict Arnold, before the Boston Tea Party was conducted, we'd be sending our elite students to Oxford and hosting the Queen on a regular basis. :rolleyes:

But they weren't, and the rest is history.

I've come to the conclusion that little Joey simply hates the USA..... Maybe they kicked him out of the Army or something. But he is either stupid or hateful and maybe both.....

I'm done with him unless he says something even more stupid....

I simply do not work well with stupidity....

By the way Joey boy, Your Hero manning admitted to making a noose....Sounds suicidal to me, but hey I'm not a Doctor.

Forum List

Back