What religion were our founding fathers worshipping?

1. Yes. Consistent with a Deist perspective, Jefferson did not assert the divinty of Christ with this quote. You should look into the Jeffersonian Bible, Mr. Jefferson-was-no-Deist.
  2. Yes. Consistent with a Deist perspective, Jefferson did not assert the divinty of Christ with this quote--although he does present his belief in God; also consistent with Deism.
  3. Yes. Consistent with a Deist perspective, Jefferson did not assert the divinty of Christ with this quote. He certainly made a point regarding the frendliness of Chistianity to Government, but he did not declare any Christianity for himself.
  4. Yes. Consistent with a Deist perspective, Jefferson did not assert the divinty of Christ with this quote. He validated Christ's system of morality, but not so much his divinity.

For the moment, I'll take your word for it--mostly because they are all consistent with a Deist's perspective.

1. Jefferson states that he holds Christ’s precepts (principles or commands) to be “pure” and “benevolent”. Certainly this would include, say, The Lord’s Prayer, a command to pray to God.

Again I cite the definition of deism:

de•ism: a movement or system of thought advocating natural religion, emphasizing morality, and in the 18th century denying the interference of the Creator with the laws of the universe

Therefore it would be foolish to suggest that a deist held prayer as benevolent; he would hold prayer as a waste of time.

2. Again, a deist would not state that “liberties are the gift of God”, since the deist god does not interfere with the comings and goings of man.

Then there are these little tidbits, confirming Jefferson’s Christianity and beliefs:

"I am a real Christian, that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus." [Letter to Benjamin Rush April 21, 1803]

“God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are a gift from God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, and that His justice cannot sleep forever.” [Notes on the State of Virginia, 1781]

“It [the Bible] is a document in proof that I am a real Christian, that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus."
[Jan 9, 1816 Letter to Charles Thomson]

Like i've been saying.. go take it to MONTECELLO, dogma junkie. They know more about Jefferson than you and your playdoh attempt at quoting the man. your entire participation since the first time you were bitchslapped with Jefferson facts has been nothing but a validation of your dogma junkie marginalization in the area of academics.

Wait, there's more:

read the goddamn montecello website. [Post 45]
go tell it to the Jefferson estate at Montecello, dude.. [post 53]
stated just like the evidence at Montecello and Jefferson's own statements just don't usurp your opinon and miriam Webster [post 57]
Deny what you will... but Montecello and Ole Ben prove you wrong all day long.[post 80]

Just too funny. :badgrin:

Perhaps you mean “MONTICELLO”?

:lol:

HAHAHAHA!

YA, as a matter of FACT!

Jefferson's religious views became a major public issue during the bitter party conflict between Federalists and Republicans in the late 1790s when Jefferson was often accused of being an atheist.

Jefferson eventually arrived at some positive assertions of his private religion. His ideas are nowhere better expressed than in his compilations of extracts from the New Testament "The Philosophy of Jesus" (1804) and "The Life and Morals of Jesus" (1819-20?). The former stems from his concern with the problem of maintaining Herodias Bearing the Head of Saint John, copy after c. 1631 original by Guido Reni; photographed by Edward Owensocial harmony in a republican nation. The latter is a multilingual collection of verses that was a product of his private search for religious truth. Jefferson believed in the existence of a Supreme Being who was the creator and sustainer of the universe and the ultimate ground of being, but this was not the triune deity of orthodox Christianity. He also rejected the idea of the divinity of Christ, but as he writes to William Short on October 31, 1819, he was convinced that the fragmentary teachings of Jesus constituted the "outlines of a system of the most sublime morality which has ever fallen from the lips of man." In correspondence, he sometimes expressed confidence that the whole country would be Unitarian, but he recognized the novelty of his own religious beliefs. On June 25, 1819, he wrote to Ezra Stiles, "I am of a sect by myself, as far as I know."

YOUR link!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:D

Wait, there's more:

read the goddamn montecello website. [Post 45]
go tell it to the Jefferson estate at Montecello, dude.. [post 53]
stated just like the evidence at Montecello and Jefferson's own statements just don't usurp your opinon and miriam Webster [post 57]
Deny what you will... but Montecello and Ole Ben prove you wrong all day long.[post 80]

Just too funny. :badgrin:

ahh yes.. the SPELLING police have arrived now that it's clear to you that I've been kicking you in the balls regarding this thread TOPIC for pages now!

hey, enjoy your spelling gaffe, detective petty... It won't make up for the mud hole i've stomped in your ass regarding the faiths of Franklin and Jefferson!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:funnyface:

HAHAHAHA!

YA, as a matter of FACT!

Jefferson's religious views became a major public issue during the bitter party conflict between Federalists and Republicans in the late 1790s when Jefferson was often accused of being an atheist.

Jefferson eventually arrived at some positive assertions of his private religion. His ideas are nowhere better expressed than in his compilations of extracts from the New Testament "The Philosophy of Jesus" (1804) and "The Life and Morals of Jesus" (1819-20?). The former stems from his concern with the problem of maintaining Herodias Bearing the Head of Saint John, copy after c. 1631 original by Guido Reni; photographed by Edward Owensocial harmony in a republican nation. The latter is a multilingual collection of verses that was a product of his private search for religious truth. Jefferson believed in the existence of a Supreme Being who was the creator and sustainer of the universe and the ultimate ground of being, but this was not the triune deity of orthodox Christianity. He also rejected the idea of the divinity of Christ, but as he writes to William Short on October 31, 1819, he was convinced that the fragmentary teachings of Jesus constituted the "outlines of a system of the most sublime morality which has ever fallen from the lips of man." In correspondence, he sometimes expressed confidence that the whole country would be Unitarian, but he recognized the novelty of his own religious beliefs. On June 25, 1819, he wrote to Ezra Stiles, "I am of a sect by myself, as far as I know."

YOUR link!

:D

This is simply a repeat of your post 32, which I addressed in post 34. Again, when you have some new accusation against the Founders then I will respond. :cuckoo:

Lookie here, more evidence that the Founders were not deists:

200px-Dollarnote_siegel_hq.jpg

The Eye of Providence or the all-seeing eye is a symbol showing an eye surrounded by rays of light or a glory, and usually enclosed by a triangle. It is sometimes interpreted as representing the eye of God keeping watch on humankind
Eye of Providence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :eusa_whistle:

Lookie here, more evidence that the Founders were not deists:

200px-Dollarnote_siegel_hq.jpg

Eye of Providence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :eusa_whistle:

It is Venus the Morning Star which is the all seeing eyeing. This is the same Star that the 3 wise men used to watch over Baby Jesus. Venus = Lucifer and he is watching over as a 'star' which = from a UFO and the 3 wise men were minions and part of the secret societies that were reporting back to the UFO so they can keep track of Yeshua the son of Yahweh.

The secret societies strech back along ways and the 'aliens' were here along time ago, the aliens and secret societies are using tactical propaganda and saying that one day we might have contact with E.T. when it was here long ago.

If you can take a moment to realize that this is a possibiliy and just kind of go over the history, which by the way why do you think they teach the history of earth, civilizations and empires. . . is it so that the majority of the population has the same stories of the past, and if they do the secrets of the past will die out of the mainsteam.

I have included this information because if you can take what I said as a possibility, then you do know that the founders were part of these societies, which if they are not who they say they are and the control and formation of the world government has been going on for so long that we never had a chance to be free or a choice.
Why were governments formed on this planet? It was to control the population and the flow of the planet.

Who formed the governments? The secret societies have, the history is there, the history that is left out and will change everything if the general populace knew that those secret societies are minions of Lucifer.

If you want the Bible, the Manual of this planet, to give you an understand, it tells you exactly what is going on.

It told of Lucifer, it told that he wants to own Yahwehs creatons, it tells that he wants to be a God, what a better way then to form governments all over the world, change the Bible so that you are the God, so that when you reveal yourself people will think that you are God?

This is simply a repeat of your post 32, which I addressed in post 34. Again, when you have some new accusation against the Founders then I will respond. :cuckoo:

and your post 34 means two things: jack and shit.

also, you wanna remember WHEN that quote was put on the currency? I hate to break it to you.. but it wasn't from colonial American. And, just so you know, the pledge of allegiance wasn't their puppy either.

Among the three members of the original design committee for the Great Seal, only Benjamin Franklin was a confirmed Mason. Thomas Jefferson was an open supporter of the aims of Freemasonry who attended lodge meetings and corresponded with many masons, but no direct evidence exists to support that he was a member himself - although it is highly unlikely he would be allowed to attend lodge meetings without being a Mason himself.[3][4]

FROM YOUR LINK, stupid!

also, you wanna remember WHEN that quote was put on the currency? I hate to break it to you.. but it wasn't from colonial American. And, just so you know, the pledge of allegiance wasn't their puppy either.

FDR....free mason himself...someone in his administration found or fdr was shown the back side of the Seal that was never used early in our history....he over saw the project personally for adding the back seal to the dollar bill....1932, if memory serves.

Among the three members of the original design committee for the Great Seal, only Benjamin Franklin was a confirmed Mason. Thomas Jefferson was an open supporter of the aims of Freemasonry who attended lodge meetings and corresponded with many masons, but no direct evidence exists to support that he was a member himself - although it is highly unlikely he would be allowed to attend lodge meetings without being a Mason himself.[3][4]

FROM YOUR LINK, stupid!

yeah, but in the fine print not shown is that the three in charge of the seal HIRED LOCAL ARTISANS or Architechs to help them do the Creative design of the Seal and guess who they might of been? Free Masons.....

It's not a quote it is a seal, the reverse seal of the US actually, and it was designed under the George Washington Presidency. :cuckoo:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

yea.. ONLY the symbology of the FUCKING DEISTIC FREEMASONS

:lol:

WOW you are stupid.

Freemasonry is the oldest and largest world wide fraternity dedicated to the Brotherhood of Man under the Fatherhood of a Supreme Being. Although of a religious nature, Freemasonry is not a religion. It urges its members, however, to be faithful and devoted to their own religious beliefs.
Freemasonry - Home :cuckoo:

FDR....free mason himself...someone in his administration found or fdr was shown the back side of the Seal that was never used early in our history....he over saw the project personally for adding the back seal to the dollar bill....1932, if memory serves.
Correct-a-mundo my dear. :eusa_clap: It was never used because the paper punch seal was developed at roughly the same time, making the back of a wax seal obsolete.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back