What Rank Is Gay On The Sin Chart?

How does a marriage of 2 people of the same gender have authority over a third party PostmodernProphet?

Matter of fact, I'd like to know what third party the gay marriage would have authority over.
employers, insurance companies, bakers, florists, limousine drivers, wedding caterers, the IRS and anyone else they feel like suing.......

they abide by contacts between companies so why not between two people that exchange vows?

If they don't want to do business, why are they in business?
if a florist sells flowers, why does it matter if it is for a funeral, a tea party or a wedding? If a baker make cakes, why does it matter is it is for a graduation, a birthday or an anniversary between a gay couple? Either you are there to do business or go find some thing else in life like cleaning septic tank, or only if is a heterosexual's shit? We used to treat blacks like that once upon a time. Can you imaging a florist today saying they will not sell because the buy is black? Or not making a cake for a mix couple's wedding?

Don't understand why any of this should even be an issue. Your own hate is your enemy, not the gay couple. You will not loose a hand if you touch them, they are not contagious with some plague. It should be your privilege they want to do business with you, not the other way around.
I don't consider the gay couple as my enemy.......my enemies are the liberals who want to use the courts to force society into accepting their views on what it should be.....

So what rank is being Gay on the Sin chart?

Seems to me that the "Covet" sin is the big one today according to the 10 Commandments.

Explain to me why being Judgemental of a Sinner when being told "Do not judge or be judged" is a good thing.

I'm all ears.

Four points to clarify:

1.) The decalogue (10 commandments) is (are) just the start of 613 total commandments found in the Tanakh (Jewish Bible).

2.) Of those 613, only 2 deal with specific homosexual acts and lists them as an abomination. Notice that I wrote "acts", for Homosexuality itself is not listed as an abomination. State of being is not the same as action. G-d does not punish thoughts or feelings. G-d only punishes actions.

3.) Therefore, "being gay" can have no rank at all on any such chart.

4.) Jesus is not quoted at all as having talked about homosexuality or homosexual acts. Apparently, it was not very important to him.

Jesus laid with a naked boy in Mark 14:51
fucking idiot.....

Wouldn't there need to be a sin chart first?

All sin leads to physical and spiritual death.

All sin can be overcome by the atonement of Jesus Christ.

I agree that covetting is a major struggle with our modern society. Look how many people want to take money from people to have it redistributed by corrupt politicians trying to buy your vote.

Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."~ Matthew 19:24

Now if you can explain what Jesus was talking about maybe you'll understand what this means.

I don't think you really do.

What do you mean by "third parties"? They want to be able to take advantage of the benefits that are allowed heterosexual married couples, and you are free to ignore them now and when they are married....nobody is going to force you to acknowledge their marriage, you may have to acknowledge the law, but not their marriage.
you can't really believe that can you?......of course people are being forced to acknowledge the marriage.....there's no reason for them to go to court and change the law if they can't force others to acknowledge the marriage......

he doesn't even have proof conservatives said that.....

finding someone to love is a blessing that ca last the rest of ones life. Tall, fat, skinny, short, dark light, male or female it should not matter.

all this terrorizing and punishment of gay is not the will of god, any god

Gay imam No punishment of homosexuals in Quran
nobody is saying a gay can't love another person of the same sex.......the issue, as I recall, is whether they can change the definition of "marriage" and force others to recognize their relationship as having legal authority over third parties......

Marriage is a bond, a contract. why shouldn't homosexuals be permitted that same commitment to each other?
Love, honor, cherish. It is a vow to each other in the presence of family, friends and god.
nobody is keeping them from bonding or making a commitment....the problem is they want third parties to have to acknowledge it......I want to continue to be free to ignore them......

a company buys insurance for their employees, it should not matter if they are gay, black, married, polygamist or enjoys the company of a dominatrix. .

and it doesn't.....but spouses are also covered......and it definitely matters if the law changes and makes a gay couple, spouses.......that, after all, is why gays say they are doing this.....yet some idiots pretend it doesn't actually effect anyone except the gay couple.......

We changed the definition of slavery from 'legal' to 'illegal' and we managed to survive. In fact, we became a better nation for it.

Changing 'definitions' is how you right wrongs.
uh dude.....being legal or illegal didn't change the definition of slavery.....and what "wrong" are you "righting" by saying an abnormal relationship is the same as a normal relationship.....

So changing same sex marriage from illegal to legal won't change the fact that it is a marriage.

Okay. Case closed.

How does a marriage of 2 people of the same gender have authority over a third party PostmodernProphet?

Matter of fact, I'd like to know what third party the gay marriage would have authority over.
employers, insurance companies, bakers, florists, limousine drivers, wedding caterers, the IRS and anyone else they feel like suing.......

they abide by contacts between companies so why not between two people that exchange vows?

if a florist sells flowers, why does it matter if it is for a funeral, a tea party or a wedding? If a baker make cakes, why does it matter is it is for a graduation, a birthday or an anniversary between a gay couple? Either you are there to do business or go find some thing else in life like cleaning septic tank, or only if is a heterosexual's shit? We used to treat blacks like that once upon a time. Can you imaging a florist today saying they will not sell because the buy is black? Or not making a cake for a mix couple's wedding?

Don't understand why any of this should even be an issue. Your own hate is your enemy, not the gay couple. You will not loose a hand if you touch them, they are not contagious with some plague. It should be your privilege they want to do business with you, not the other way around.
I don't consider the gay couple as my enemy.......my enemies are the liberals who want to use the courts to force society into accepting their views on what it should be.....

I guess then you praise Ireland for legalizing gay marriage by referendum.

Seems to me that the "Covet" sin is the big one today according to the 10 Commandments.

Explain to me why being Judgemental of a Sinner when being told "Do not judge or be judged" is a good thing.

I'm all ears.

Four points to clarify:

1.) The decalogue (10 commandments) is (are) just the start of 613 total commandments found in the Tanakh (Jewish Bible).

2.) Of those 613, only 2 deal with specific homosexual acts and lists them as an abomination. Notice that I wrote "acts", for Homosexuality itself is not listed as an abomination. State of being is not the same as action. G-d does not punish thoughts or feelings. G-d only punishes actions.

4.) Jesus is not quoted at all as having talked about homosexuality or homosexual acts. Apparently, it was not very important to him.

There is nothing in that entire part of the Bible to suggest such a thing. The boy wearing nothing but linen was just one of many following Jesus.

............they tried to arrest him with jesus and he fled naked
did you ever stop to think that perhaps when they tried to grab him they got ahold of his clothes and he ripped free of it and kept on running?......no of course not.....it serves your purpose better to pretend its most logical to think Jesus was gay.......idiots are plentiful........

We changed the definition of slavery from 'legal' to 'illegal' and we managed to survive. In fact, we became a better nation for it.

Changing 'definitions' is how you right wrongs.
uh dude.....being legal or illegal didn't change the definition of slavery.....and what "wrong" are you "righting" by saying an abnormal relationship is the same as a normal relationship.....

So changing same sex marriage from illegal to legal won't change the fact that it is a marriage.

Okay. Case closed.
except you dodged the fact you ARE changing the definition of marriage......cheap way to win an argument, except you didn't actually win it......

no.....I concede that you are winning at changing society for the worse......same thing happened in 72 when liberals used the courts to change abortion from killing your unborn child into a constitutional right of privacy......didn't make the world a better place, but society has changed.......

I'm all ears.
Right next to boning an image of Gawd...

I'm all ears.

Four points to clarify:

There is nothing in that entire part of the Bible to suggest such a thing. The boy wearing nothing but linen was just one of many following Jesus.

............they tried to arrest him with jesus and he fled naked

Yes, they were trying to arrest him because he was one of Jesus' followers.....there is nothing written to indicate that Jesus laid with him, or any such thing. They ripped his linen garment as he tried to escape....how does that translate into having a sexual relationship with Jesus? Quit elaborating on what isn't there to begin with.

no.....I concede that you are winning at changing society for the worse......same thing happened in 72 when liberals used the courts to change abortion from killing your unborn child into a constitutional right of privacy......didn't make the world a better place, but society has changed.......

Why should you commit a women to slavery for 20+ yrs if she is not physically or mentally ready to raise a child?
What of rape? Pregnancy changes a women's body and can even cause death, but you want to force her to keep a few cells that the body basically treats like a cancer as it grows?

What about a women who is not married? You would have her keep the fetus and stone her for fornicating?

Finally even the pope has now permitted condoms, sex prevention, birth control. Maybe the men should take some self control and not have sex till the women asks him to say yes. Maybe men should give birth, oh wait that has already happened. Congratulations it was a girl. Just a few months ago another had twin, girl and boy.

You want to have babies, adopt, don't force a women to carry a child she is not ready to devote herself life to.

Maybe women should go back to stones, copper coins and animal dung till she wants to be a mother.

I'm all ears.

The Bible does not say that we should not judge. It says that we should not judge lest we should also be judged. This has nothing to do with logical and necessary discernment, but rather has everything to do with hypocrisy
Discernment is for your own good, not to help you force someone to obey and act the way you think they should.

The Bible cautions against improper conduct but if one does not judge, how does one differentiate between good and bad? Those who are incapable of judging have no moral compass. They are clueless, gullible and hopeless.

The Bible cautions against improper conduct for those that are believers. You can't expect those that don't believe to follow the same rules, that is insanity. And, you don't lead someone into righteousness by demeaning them and treating them like outcasts...you're supposed to love people the way they are, just like Jesus did, and let God handle their sins.

If you are suggesting that judgment, according to the Bible, applies only to the individual and not to those he/she associates with I suggest you have never read the Book. I have studied the Bible for over sixty years and I think I know a little more about it than you do. There are are many verses that contradict what you say and I will provide you with only a few samples (all references are from the KJV:
You may have studied the Bible since you were in the crib, but you are still misinterpreting it. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that you are responsible for the sins of others. When you try to force people into a certain behavior by demeaning them and cutting them off from their civil rights as human beings, you are not following the Bible. Jesus told his followers to love their neighbor as themselves.....not to hate, demean and discriminate against. Show me a scripture that gives you that authority.

“But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat” (I Corinthians 5:11)
Who is forcing you to eat with gay people?

“If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds” (1 John 1, 10, 11).
If you are going to quote the Bible, be sure you are doing it right.

1 John 1 is this:
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life.

1 John 1:10 is this:
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

And lastly, there is no verse 11 in 1 John 1.

“But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself” (Titus 3:9-11).

Where does it say to demean, hate and discriminate against? Here you are to reject. Reject doesn't translate into demeaning, hating and discriminating. If they are indeed sinning, they are self-condemned, you don't need to do it. Here is what it says:

10 Warn a divisive person once, and then warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them. 11 You may be sure that such people are warped and sinful; they are self-condemned.

For the record, every man and every woman ever born judges other people continuously; this is normal and indeed necessary. To suggest the Bible advises to the contrary is unbiblical and foolish. If the Bible told Christians not to judge other people, there would be no need for Christians to “spread the word” yet the Bible makes it clear that this is required (don't ask me to provide verses you should already know).

That is not true. Jesus himself told us not to judge. You don't know why a person does what he does, only God does, and He doesn't give you authority to judge.

Matt 7:1 Judge not that you be not judged.
Luke 6:37 Judge not and you will not be judged.
John 7: 24 Do not judge by appearance.
James 4:12 There is one lawgiver and judge, He who is able to save and destroy.
Romans 2: 1-3 Therefore you have no excuse, o man, every one of you, who judges.

Now, I will give you the last word. If you were more Biblical literate and more sincere I would give you more of my time. Just be grateful for the time I have already allowed you.
You are an arrogant person, hardly worth being called a Christian, who is supposed to be humble.

Actually, conservatives are the ones that are trying to force society to accept their views, that being gay means they don't get to enjoy the benefits that other law-abiding, tax-paying American citizens are entitled to.

What do you mean by "third parties"? They want to be able to take advantage of the benefits that are allowed heterosexual married couples, and you are free to ignore them now and when they are married....nobody is going to force you to acknowledge their marriage, you may have to acknowledge the law, but not their marriage.
you can't really believe that can you?......of course people are being forced to acknowledge the marriage.....there's no reason for them to go to court and change the law if they can't force others to acknowledge the marriage......

Are you having to sign a paper saying you acknowledge the marriage? How then are you being forced to acknowledge it? Do you know that many gays who want to get married are currently living together as man and wife? Isn't that a sin? Are you acknowledging that it is okay for them to live together? You are totally confused as to your responsibility as a Christian.

Why should you commit a women to slavery for 20+ yrs if she is not physically or mentally ready to raise a child?
I wouldn't....why pretend I would?....
What of rape?
I will concede an exception for rape....now, how about the other 99%?....
Pregnancy changes a women's body and can even cause death, but you want to force her to keep a few cells that the body basically treats like a cancer as it grows?
first, the fatality rates for abortion are about the same as that for birth....second, the body does not treat a growing fetus as a cancer.....learn some biology.....
What about a women who is not married? You would have her keep the fetus and stone her for fornicating?
no....finished ranting yet?....

Finally even the pope has now permitted condoms, sex prevention, birth control.

how does he feel about killing children?

You want to have babies, adopt, don't force a women to carry a child she is not ready to devote herself life to.
no problem.....

Forum List

Back