What Rank Is Gay On The Sin Chart?

So what rank is being Gay on the Sin chart?

Seems to me that the "Covet" sin is the big one today according to the 10 Commandments.

Explain to me why being Judgemental of a Sinner when being told "Do not judge or be judged" is a good thing.

I'm all ears.

Four points to clarify:

1.) The decalogue (10 commandments) is (are) just the start of 613 total commandments found in the Tanakh (Jewish Bible).

2.) Of those 613, only 2 deal with specific homosexual acts and lists them as an abomination. Notice that I wrote "acts", for Homosexuality itself is not listed as an abomination. State of being is not the same as action. G-d does not punish thoughts or feelings. G-d only punishes actions.

3.) Therefore, "being gay" can have no rank at all on any such chart.

4.) Jesus is not quoted at all as having talked about homosexuality or homosexual acts. Apparently, it was not very important to him.
Do you have any proof that Jesus ever existed?

Historical text and roman records that event too place. Jesus might be a archetype but that does not mean his story or teachings are less real. He was not the only itinerant teach and healer of that time, nor is he the only one the romans were threatened by and crucified. They put around 250,000 jews to the cross.

The names might be change to protect the innocent but the fact can still be real. it is still a story worth telling.

For muslims the name is changed to Isa but what he taught to the world is the same.

Seems to me that the "Covet" sin is the big one today according to the 10 Commandments.

Explain to me why being Judgemental of a Sinner when being told "Do not judge or be judged" is a good thing.

I'm all ears.

Four points to clarify:

1.) The decalogue (10 commandments) is (are) just the start of 613 total commandments found in the Tanakh (Jewish Bible).

2.) Of those 613, only 2 deal with specific homosexual acts and lists them as an abomination. Notice that I wrote "acts", for Homosexuality itself is not listed as an abomination. State of being is not the same as action. G-d does not punish thoughts or feelings. G-d only punishes actions.

4.) Jesus is not quoted at all as having talked about homosexuality or homosexual acts. Apparently, it was not very important to him.

Jesus laid with a naked boy in Mark 14:51

I'm all ears.

Four points to clarify:

There is nothing in that entire part of the Bible to suggest such a thing. The boy wearing nothing but linen was just one of many following Jesus.

Do you have any proof that Jesus said that?
he doesn't even have proof conservatives said that.....

finding someone to love is a blessing that ca last the rest of ones life. Tall, fat, skinny, short, dark light, male or female it should not matter.

all this terrorizing and punishment of gay is not the will of god, any god

Gay imam No punishment of homosexuals in Quran
nobody is saying a gay can't love another person of the same sex.......the issue, as I recall, is whether they can change the definition of "marriage" and force others to recognize their relationship as having legal authority over third parties......

Marriage is a bond, a contract. why shouldn't homosexuals be permitted that same commitment to each other?
Love, honor, cherish. It is a vow to each other in the presence of family, friends and god.
Got any proof?

Of what?

finding someone to love is a blessing that ca last the rest of ones life. Tall, fat, skinny, short, dark light, male or female it should not matter.

nobody is saying a gay can't love another person of the same sex.......the issue, as I recall, is whether they can change the definition of "marriage" and force others to recognize their relationship as having legal authority over third parties......

Marriage is a bond, a contract. why shouldn't homosexuals be permitted that same commitment to each other?
Love, honor, cherish. It is a vow to each other in the presence of family, friends and god.
nobody is keeping them from bonding or making a commitment....the problem is they want third parties to have to acknowledge it......I want to continue to be free to ignore them......

What do you mean by "third parties"? They want to be able to take advantage of the benefits that are allowed heterosexual married couples, and you are free to ignore them now and when they are married....nobody is going to force you to acknowledge their marriage, you may have to acknowledge the law, but not their marriage.

nobody is keeping them from bonding or making a commitment....the problem is they want third parties to have to acknowledge it......I want to continue to be free to ignore them......

a company buys insurance for their employees, it should not matter if they are gay, black, married, polygamist or enjoys the company of a dominatrix. Should people be excluded from being able to obtain insurance because they like to ski or because they drive a blue car? Because they are not a vegetarian? Because they wear women's silk underwear? Because they speak spanish?
Military has a abandoned the don't ask don't tell. People have a right to be open about who and what they are. If they want a wedding cake they should be allowed to buy a wedding cake. If a couple have a contract with each other they should be allowed insurance the same way business partners have.

Chances are you already know someone who is gay even if you don't realize it. So what? You are not going to catch some VD just knowing them.

How can you be such a hateful person and still be concerned about sin? Hate is a sin. Jesus cared for the lepers and people used to be afraid of them. Guess what, just being friends with a homosexual does not mean you will catch homosexuality. What about loving each other? You don't have love, just a black heart.

I'm all ears.

Four points to clarify:

Do you have any proof that Jesus ever existed?

Historical text and roman records that event too place. Jesus might be a archetype but that does not mean his story or teachings are less real. He was not the only itinerant teach and healer of that time, nor is he the only one the romans were threatened by and crucified. They put around 250,000 jews to the cross.

The names might be change to protect the innocent but the fact can still be real. it is still a story worth telling.

For muslims the name is changed to Isa but what he taught to the world is the same.

PS. Jesus' cousin and brother were both real historical figures, so shouldn't Jesus also be? His followers were real as well.

I'm all ears.

Four points to clarify:

There is nothing in that entire part of the Bible to suggest such a thing. The boy wearing nothing but linen was just one of many following Jesus.

............they tried to arrest him with jesus and he fled naked

I'm all ears.

The Bible does not say that we should not judge. It says that we should not judge lest we should also be judged. This has nothing to do with logical and necessary discernment, but rather has everything to do with hypocrisy

The Bible cautions against improper conduct but if one does not judge, how does one differentiate between good and bad? Those who are incapable of judging have no moral compass. They are clueless, gullible and hopeless.

I'm all ears.

Four points to clarify:

^What version stated this? None that I have read.

I'm all ears.

The Bible does not say that we should not judge. It says that we should not judge lest we should also be judged. This has nothing to do with logical and necessary discernment, but rather has everything to do with hypocrisy

The Bible cautions against improper conduct but if one does not judge, how does one differentiate between good and bad? Those who are incapable of judging have no moral compass. They are clueless, gullible and hopeless.

.........holy crap........

Yes. Judge yourself. Don't judge others. That's it. omg...

The Bible leads by Free Will and Good Example. Not with law to force their belief which is what is happening on the gay issue.

I'm all ears.

The Bible leads by Free Will and Good Example. Not with law to force their belief which is what is happening on the gay issue.

If you are suggesting that judgment, according to the Bible, applies only to the individual and not to those he/she associates with I suggest you have never read the Book. I have studied the Bible for over sixty years and I think I know a little more about it than you do. There are are many verses that contradict what you say and I will provide you with only a few samples (all references are from the KJV:

“But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat” (I Corinthians 5:11)

“If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds” (1 John 1, 10, 11).

“But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself” (Titus 3:9-11).

“Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple." (Romans 16:17-18)

“Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you" (2 Thessalonians 3:6-7 KJV).

For the record, every man and every woman ever born judges other people continuously; this is normal and indeed necessary. To suggest the Bible advises to the contrary is unbiblical and foolish. If the Bible told Christians not to judge other people, there would be no need for Christians to “spread the word” yet the Bible makes it clear that this is required (don't ask me to provide verses you should already know).

Now, I will give you the last word. If you were more Biblical literate and more sincere I would give you more of my time. Just be grateful for the time I have already allowed you.

I'm all ears.

If you are suggesting that judgment, according to the Bible, applies only to the individual and not to those he/she associates with I suggest you have never read the Book. I have studied the Bible for over sixty years and I think I know a little more about it than you do. There are are many verses that contradict what you say and I will provide you with only a few samples (all references are from the KJV:

“But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat” (I Corinthians 5:11)

“If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds” (1 John 1, 10, 11).

“But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself” (Titus 3:9-11).

“Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple." (Romans 16:17-18)

“Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you" (2 Thessalonians 3:6-7 KJV).

For the record, every man and every woman ever born judges other people continuously; this is normal and indeed necessary. To suggest the Bible advises to the contrary is unbiblical and foolish. If the Bible told Christians not to judge other people, there would be no need for Christians to “spread the word” yet the Bible makes it clear that this is required (don't ask me to provide verses you should already know).

Now, I will give you the last word. If you were more Biblical literate and more sincere I would give you more of my time. Just be grateful for the time I have already allowed you.

YOU suggested this!; "If you are suggesting that judgment, according to the Bible, applies only to the individual and not to those he/she associates with" Not me. You tried to make judgement only on the individual, you are trying to dig your way out of your statements now.

What is wrong with your brain?

I'm all ears.

Four points to clarify:

^What version stated this? None that I have read.

It is in the aramaic and greek. you are probably reading a modern translation of a translation, of a translation.

If you need other verification that the gospel was edited try the letters of Bishop Clement of Alexandria who quoted a number of books, text and passages that no longer exist.

There are so passages in the secret gospel of mark as well.

250 books, acts and gospels and you only know the modern versions of 4 gospels that relate the life of Jesus. Consider how much you are missing even from the original languages let alone all the other books.

Most of the 'apostles' were married and had children. In the gospels Jesus is revered to as rabbi which is only given to a teacher who is married. if he was not celebrate and didn't preach celibacy, nor did he speak against homosexuality but love they brother, why should people be so surprised about him laying with a naked boy for the night. Why was the term lay with, which in the bible for heterosexuals is sex, or specify the boy's nakedness have been used? Why would Jesus share the secrets with a naked boy that particular night?

Bible does not use the word sex but there is still a lot of sex in the bible.

...........and Mary, his mother, was a maiden not a virgin.
...........and Jesus had several brothers and sisters. James, his brother, became head of the temple/church in Jerusalem.
...........and Jesus did not become divine till a few centuries after his death, and then after a very lively debate and only by a narrow vote.
...........and the first 'christian' was Mary Magdalen, she was the first to believe he had 'risen'. The apostles did not believe her.

Why do people think something like the new international version or the king james are the unadulterated words of god. The gospels were not even written of the apostles they are name for, and Luke was not even an apostle nor did he ever meet Jesus. Paul never met Jesus in life, but for some he was the only real voice for the church and shaped the founding of what we know as catholicism.

You really thing a modern english version of the bible is the most accurate word about Jesus or god?

Wouldn't there need to be a sin chart first?

All sin leads to physical and spiritual death.

All sin can be overcome by the atonement of Jesus Christ.

I agree that covetting is a major struggle with our modern society. Look how many people want to take money from people to have it redistributed by corrupt politicians trying to buy your vote.

Yes, it's certainly more Christian that your society let the poor suffer.

These certain Christian nuts who insist they shouldn't have to do business with gays because homosexuality is a sin..

...isn't it a basic truth of Christianity that we are all sinners in one way or another?

Shouldn't they then not be doing business with anyone?

eh?

These certain Christian nuts who insist they shouldn't have to do business with gays because homosexuality is a sin..

...isn't it a basic truth of Christianity that we are all sinners in one way or another?

Shouldn't they then not be doing business with anyone?

eh?

What happened to those with sin not casting stones? Some seem adamant about casting stones at gays. Those gay-phobes are committing a sin and throwing themselves in the pits instead of climbing the ladder.
No little sin?
Hate and speaking falsely against others is a sin. Some poster need to look in the mirror instead of finding fault in others because they have found love. Love is not a sin.

We changed the definition of slavery from 'legal' to 'illegal' and we managed to survive. In fact, we became a better nation for it.

Changing 'definitions' is how you right wrongs.
uh dude.....being legal or illegal didn't change the definition of slavery.....and what "wrong" are you "righting" by saying an abnormal relationship is the same as a normal relationship.....

Forum List

Back