What percentage of the black vote do the democrats usually get?

The problem with Republicans and the black community is that the only solution Republicans offer is trickle down

Just let us give more money to the wealthy prosperity will trickle down to all and the black community will prosper

Trust us

That is your opinion of Republican economic policies.

For a discussion of voting patterns, I consider abortion to be a better way to look at the issue.

The fact that you have a population of people who state that they consider abortion to be the killing of a baby, voting FOR the candidates and party that favors "baby killing" is very clear cut.

Economics is more complex. It is less clear that someone is voting against their stated beliefs.

That you want to change the subject is understandable, because you can't explain why religious pro-life blacks vote for the candidates and party that support the "killing of unborn babies".

But, it's clearly a dodge.

Start another thread on abortion or join the hundreds we already have

I'm no longer derailing this one

Don't play stupid.

The only mention of abortion I have made here is to discuss it as a factor in voting patterns.

Which is obviously on topic.

Republicans have zero presence in black communities. Other than stopping in while they are campaigning and offering empty promises and platitudes, they are nowhere to be found
Day to day.....blacks interface with Democrats
Republicans are those white guys on the radio always blaming blacks for the ills of the country

If Republicans want the black vote, which I doubt they do, they need to move into black communities and offer real jobs

But there is no way Republicans will do that

Republicans have zero presence in black communities. Other than stopping in while they are campaigning and offering empty promises and platitudes, they are nowhere to be found
Republicans are those white guys on the radio always blaming blacks for the ills of the country

If Republicans want the black vote, which I doubt they do, they need to move into black communities and offer real jobs

"Presence"? "Interface?"

And you talk of platitudes...

If issues were the issue, there are plenty of GOP non-empty promises that would appeal to some blacks.

I have mentioned abortion. Are you claiming that the GOP has done nothing to limit abortion? Pro-life blacks, based on their stated beliefs should strongly support these efforts.

Indeed, if pro-life blacks switched sides and started VOTING pro-life, it would greatly affect policy.

Jobs? Though the leadership of both parties is pro-immigration, there are conservative republicans that want to limit Third World immigration, and those immigrants are more likely to compete with blacks for jobs.

You might disagree. If issues drove voting, you would expect SOME blacks to agree, and vote accordingly.

But that is not the case.

It all comes down to the Republican Party is 95% white with most of the party over 50

They have no interest in attracting the black vote and have been more interested in blacks as scapegoats than blacks as voters

It all comes down to the Republican Party is 95% white with most of the party over 50

They have no interest in attracting the black vote and have been more interested in blacks as scapegoats than blacks as voters

Chicken and egg.

The gop is white, does not explain why the GOP cannot attract black voters.

The leadership wants blacks votes. They have repeatedly tried to find issues to appeal to blacks with.

They always fail.

Why?

I got very specific with the Pro-life blacks. You were unable to explain that, and you keep trying to make the issue more opaque than clear.

Chicken and egg.

The leadership wants blacks votes. They have repeatedly tried to find issues to appeal to blacks with.

They always fail.

Why?

I got very specific with the Pro-life blacks. You were unable to explain that, and you keep trying to make the issue more opaque than clear.
Rinse....repeat

I know it was recently a lot higher because of Obama, but he's not running this year. According to a few sources online the consensus is that democrats got anywhere from 95-98% of the black vote in the past two elections. How much will that go down in the next election?

Will the percentage go down because more are voting for the republicans instead of the democrats? Or will it go down because less people came out to vote?

The black vote only went under 88% for a Democrat in a two-way race in 1976. Gerald Ford did much better in the Black vote than most people realize. He got 17%. Reagan did second best in 1980, he got 14%.

Mondale (91%), Dukakis (89%), Clinton (83% in a three-man race in 1992, 84% in a three-man race in 1996, Gore (90%) and Kerry (88%) all got between 83%-91% of the black vote. This is a statistical fact. Regardless of a two-man or a three-man race, that GOP has rarely gotten over 10% of the black vote, we assume, since 1964. The best data-gathering for this started in 1976.

Last edited:

"Presence"? "Interface?"

If issues were the issue, there are plenty of GOP non-empty promises that would appeal to some blacks.

I have mentioned abortion. Are you claiming that the GOP has done nothing to limit abortion? Pro-life blacks, based on their stated beliefs should strongly support these efforts.

Indeed, if pro-life blacks switched sides and started VOTING pro-life, it would greatly affect policy.

Jobs? Though the leadership of both parties is pro-immigration, there are conservative republicans that want to limit Third World immigration, and those immigrants are more likely to compete with blacks for jobs.

You might disagree. If issues drove voting, you would expect SOME blacks to agree, and vote accordingly.

Maybe the 10% of Black voters that the GOP already wins are the pro-life blacks that actually care enough to switch their votes, I really don't think that's all that off honestly.

"Presence"? "Interface?"

Maybe the 10% of Black voters that the GOP already wins are the pro-life blacks that actually care enough to switch their votes, I really don't think that's all that off honestly.

So of the 40% of Blacks that consider the 300k abortions of blacks, to be 300k of dead black babies, only 1 in 4 vote to save those babies lives?

And that's is the ONLY issue where ANY blacks cross the party lines to vote GOP?

NO middle class/rich blacks are for lower taxes?

NO poor blacks support Law and Order policies in their crime ridden communities?

No middle class blacks support school vouchers that might let them get their kids out of crappy public schools?

No middle class blacks want the TEachers union fought?

Ect, ect. ect.

90 plus %.

Obama got 95% the first time.

5%? Errors in voting should give the GOP that much.

It is not credible that the black community is THAT unified on the issues.

"Presence"? "Interface?"

So of the 40% of Blacks that consider the 300k abortions of blacks, to be 300k of dead black babies, only 1 in 4 vote to save those babies lives?

And that's is the ONLY issue where ANY blacks cross the party lines to vote GOP?

NO poor blacks support Law and Order policies in their crime ridden communities?

No middle class blacks support school vouchers that might let them get their kids out of crappy public schools?

Ect, ect. ect.

90 plus %.

There might be some overlap in that group with those issues...but in the end, yes.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain this one to me.

You ever talk to a religious pro-life black?

They still vote for the pro-choice dems. Because that's what blacks do.

I've asked them what issues are more important to them than the lives of innocent babies, but they get all weird and dodgy.

I've never gotten a straight answer out of them on that question.

YOu would think, especially considering the way that blacks babies are so much more likely to be aborted than others, that they would consider that issue heavily in their voting.

BUt that is not the case.

Why do you think that Pro-life blacks, to whom the 300,000 black abortions are 300,000 black babies being killed keep voting for the pro-choice dems?

Because it does NOT seem to be issue driven.

It all comes down to blacks believing that Republicans hate them and republicans doing nothing to prove otherwise
Only dumb asses vote democrat.

I've asked them what issues are more important to them than the lives of innocent babies, but they get all weird and dodgy.

YOu would think, especially considering the way that blacks babies are so much more likely to be aborted than others, that they would consider that issue heavily in their voting.

Why do you think that Pro-life blacks, to whom the 300,000 black abortions are 300,000 black babies being killed keep voting for the pro-choice dems?

It all comes down to blacks believing that Republicans hate them and republicans doing nothing to prove otherwise

Is that really the best you can come up with?

Is that really the best you can come up with?
ok... Only dumb asses vote for one of democrats or republicans.

Better?

Chicken and egg.

They always fail.

Why?

Rinse....repeat

That made no sense.

Which is exactly what I just accused you of doing, trying to make the issue less clear, not more.

"Presence"? "Interface?"

Ect, ect. ect.

90 plus %.

There might be some overlap in that group with those issues...but in the end, yes.

Yes what? That blacks are that unified on the issues?

Can you back that up?

Chicken and egg.

They always fail.

Why?

Rinse....repeat

That made no sense.

Which is exactly what I just accused you of doing, trying to make the issue less clear, not more.

Does this clarify things for you?

cf7.gif

Chicken and egg.

They always fail.

Why?

Rinse....repeat

That made no sense.

cf7.gif

Anytime you want to go back to addressing the topic, go right ahead.

Chicken and egg.

They always fail.

Why?

Rinse....repeat

That made no sense.

cf7.gif

I've been discussing it

You are the one beating a dead horse with your laughable abortion scenario

Chicken and egg.

They always fail.

Why?

Rinse....repeat

That made no sense.

cf7.gif

I've been discussing it

You are the one beating a dead horse with your laughable abortion scenario

There is nothing laughable about pointing out that, by their own stated belief system, that Religious Pro-life Blacks are voting "for" the killing of 300k black babies a year, when they are voting for Pro-Choice dem candidates.

This, imo, is a strong challenge to the liberals belief that the reason that blacks vote for dems, is because, the GOP are "Assholes".

"Assholes" are better than "Mass Murderers".

YOu have been unable to explain this incredible gap between their stated beliefs and their voting.

"Presence"? "Interface?"

Ect, ect. ect.

90 plus %.

Yes what? That blacks are that unified on the issues?

Can you back that up?

Can you back up the claim that pro-life blacks should care so strongly about abortion that they ignore all other policy beliefs??? I actually find that to be the more odd claim.

Forum List

Back