What percentage of the black vote do the democrats usually get?

If I remember correctly Bill Clinton got a similar percentage of the black vote. Republicans don't have as much of a policy problem with minorities as a message problem.
seems to me that not only republicans have a message problem. look at Obama, he is a real spin master

It may only be about politics, but the Democrats are doing something right. They consistently hold an overwhelming percentage of the minority vote. Part of the problem is the Republican message that minorities are just being duped with free stuff. They have to address minorities in a less condescending manner.

THe GOP consistently gets the majority of the white vote. Does that mean that the GOP is doing something right?

Or is it only a good thing when it serves your agenda?

Whoa! You are so deep!

If winning the black vote consistently is a sign the dems are doing something right,

does that mean that winning the white vote consistently is a sign the gop is doing something right?

It's a simple and reasonable question.

Can you address it?

You are the one who said that Dems winning the black vote means they are doing something right.

I said that nutters are doing things wrong.

Those two things are not the same.

No. Winning a demographic is not a sign that anything is being done right.

Sadly, for you, winning the white, male, over 50 vote isn't enough. Women, minorities.....including Hispanics and Asians, and.....most importantly......young people......all piss on the GOP. You fuckers are clearly doing something wrong.

Last edited:
As long as nutter politicians keep telling black Americans that they are lazy, shiftless and culturally retarded, they will have trouble getting their support.

As long as nutter pundits keep claiming that black voters are only interested in getting free phones and a welfare check, they will continue to alienate the demographic.

As long as nutters keep claiming that black Americans don't have an understanding of what personal responsibility means, they'll continue to wonder why they cannot get black voters to support them.

Obama had some harsh words for White America, and he got more of the white vote than Kerry did.

Like what? Harsh words for white America? I can't wait to hear what you think are harsh words.

HIs crack about small town whites "clinging to the bibles and guns, and being afraid of people who are different".

Pretty insulting. Didn't stop him from wining those rust belt states.

Or a larger percentage of the white vote than Kerry got.

Wow! That's harsh!

He dismissed the concerns and the Faith of small town whites as nothing but bitterness and fear.

That is very harsh.

As long as nutter politicians keep telling black Americans that they are lazy, shiftless and culturally retarded, they will have trouble getting their support.

As long as nutter pundits keep claiming that black voters are only interested in getting free phones and a welfare check, they will continue to alienate the demographic.

As long as nutters keep claiming that black Americans don't have an understanding of what personal responsibility means, they'll continue to wonder why they cannot get black voters to support them.

Obama had some harsh words for White America, and he got more of the white vote than Kerry did.

Like what? Harsh words for white America? I can't wait to hear what you think are harsh words.

HIs crack about small town whites "clinging to the bibles and guns, and being afraid of people who are different".

Wow! That's harsh!

He dismissed the concerns and the Faith of small town whites as nothing but bitterness and fear.

That is very harsh.

Nah......he told them that they'd be better off thinking about their real economic self interests instead of their unnecessary fear that someone is after their guns and their misreading of the bible which tells them to hate gay people.

He's right.

seems to me that not only republicans have a message problem. look at Obama, he is a real spin master

It may only be about politics, but the Democrats are doing something right. They consistently hold an overwhelming percentage of the minority vote. Part of the problem is the Republican message that minorities are just being duped with free stuff. They have to address minorities in a less condescending manner.

THe GOP consistently gets the majority of the white vote. Does that mean that the GOP is doing something right?

Whoa! You are so deep!

If winning the black vote consistently is a sign the dems are doing something right,

does that mean that winning the white vote consistently is a sign the gop is doing something right?

Can you address it?

You are the one who said that Dems winning the black vote means they are doing something right.

No. Winning a demographic It is not a sign that anything is being done right.

Sadly, for you, winning the white, male, over 50 vote isn't enough. Women, minorities.....including Hispanics and Asians, and.....most importantly......young people......all piss on the GOP. You fuckers are clearly doing something wrong.

aaronleland said it was a sign of doing something right. I was asking him if that worked both ways.

The GOP doesn't consistently win White Males over 50.

It wins the White VOte. The single largest ethnic group in the nation.

Including young whites.

That's a lot of people to dismiss.

Why can't the dems ever win the White vote?

Wow! That's harsh!

That is very harsh.

Nah......he told them that they'd be better off thinking about their real economic self interests instead of their unnecessary fear that someone is after their guns and their misreading of the bible which tells them to hate gay people.

He's right.

Soooooooooooo, when Obama says something harsh, he is "right", but when a republican says something harsh, he is a "nutter" and blacks don't vote for them.

There seems to be important parts of the process missing.

Why did the whites in this country not reject Obama's "harsh/right" message but the blacks reject the message of the GOP?

Hurt feelings don't seem to explain it.

If I remember correctly Bill Clinton got a similar percentage of the black vote. Republicans don't have as much of a policy problem with minorities as a message problem.
It's both and. The Republicans' name is basically mud in the black community.
We don't like what they are saying.
We don't like what they are doing.
We find them to be dishonest, not to mention corrupt.
They don't even do what they said they will do.
Their last election was essentially "we're not Obama"
They haven't done anything worthy as yet.
What they HAVE done, however, is seek to suppress the disenfranchised, and take money away from the poor.
No, they haven't a chance w/the black community until they do a total 180.

What they HAVE done, however, is seek to suppress the disenfranchised, and take money away from the poor.

You ever talk to a religious pro-life black?

They still vote for the pro-choice dems. Because that's what blacks do.

I've asked them what issues are more important to them than the lives of innocent babies, but they get all weird and dodgy.

I've never gotten a straight answer out of them on that question.

YOu would think, especially considering the way that blacks babies are so much more likely to be aborted than others, that they would consider that issue heavily in their voting.

BUt that is not the case.

Why do you think that Pro-life blacks, to whom the 300,000 black abortions are 300,000 black babies being killed keep voting for the pro-choice dems?

Because it does NOT seem to be issue driven.

All one has to do to understand the problem for the GOP with minorities is look at what is posted on this board by people that identify with the GOP. In this thread and all the others you see daily posts that express the hate and xenophobia that is typical of the right wing. As long as that is the case, you will see the minorities voting for the party that intends them the least harm.

All one has to do to understand the problem for the GOP with minorities is look at what is posted on this board by people that identify with the GOP. In this thread and all the others you see daily posts that express the hate and xenophobia that is typical of the right wing. As long as that is the case, you will see the minorities voting for the party that intends them the least harm.

Supposed "hate and xenophobia" does not trump 300,000 dead black babies a year.

Why do pro-life blacks vote for pro-choice dems?

Wow! That's harsh!
I know right? Obama's such a meanie!!!

You ever talk to a religious pro-life black?

They still vote for the pro-choice dems. Because that's what blacks do.

I've asked them what issues are more important to them than the lives of innocent babies, but they get all weird and dodgy.

I've never gotten a straight answer out of them on that question.

YOu would think, especially considering the way that blacks babies are so much more likely to be aborted than others, that they would consider that issue heavily in their voting.

BUt that is not the case.

Why do you think that Pro-life blacks, to whom the 300,000 black abortions are 300,000 black babies being killed keep voting for the pro-choice dems?

Because it does NOT seem to be issue driven.
What NONSENSE are you spewing again dude?

You have a link to those 300,000 black abortions? I don't but a single thing you're selling.

How are these black people "dodgy" when you ask them that question? Black folks are NOT single issue voters. We don't hav that luxury. If we were, we'd never vote for anyone.

Yeah evidently the message of taking personal responsibility, putting out your own effort to achieve success just does not sell well with the vast majority of the black vote.

Or.. maybe they just like the easy money?

Perhaps you just aren't insulting them enough. After hearing drivel like you just posted, and knowing how common that belief is in the right wing, I would be surprised if there were any black republicans.

Wow! That's harsh!
I know right? Obama's such a meanie!!!

He's got some nerve.....Who does he think he is, working for things that help the average American.

As long as moonbats keep blacks on their plantation without really helping them the black vote will continue to erode for Dems as it did the last election cycle.

To answer the OP's question:

The Democrat formula to win elections in 40% of the white vote and 90% of the black vote.

The last election the Dems only got 37% of the white vote and 89% of the black vote. Hence....the ass beating they took. :D

Wow! That's harsh!

That is very harsh.

You got a link to him mentioning small town whites? I think you are adding that one little word to what was said.

As long as moonbats keep blacks on their plantation without really helping them the black vote will continue to erode for Dems as it did the last election cycle.

The GOP bumper sticker "VOTE FOR ME.......YOU LAZY BASTARDS" just didn't work as well as you had expected.

Yeah evidently the message of taking personal responsibility, putting out your own effort to achieve success just does not sell well with the vast majority of the black vote.

Perhaps you just aren't insulting them enough. After hearing drivel like you just posted, and knowing how common that belief is in the right wing, I would be surprised if there were any black republicans.

Black people don't like personal responsibility, or putting out any effort to achieve success. All they want is easy money.

Why don't black people embrace the Republican party?

Because you are dipshits, You are as about as right in the head as a volcano. The only difference is that the lava is only a momentary crisis. After a decade or so nobody will remember you existed. :lol:

Whoa! You are so deep!

Can you address it?

No. Winning a demographic is not a sign that anything is being done right.

Wrong. :( White women have largely abandoned the Democrat Party. The last election cycle Dems only got 45% of the white female vote. That total has declined every election since 2006.

The Dems demographically are in major trouble.

Black people don't like personal responsibility, or putting out any effort to achieve success. All they want is easy money.

Why don't black people embrace the Republican party?

Because you are dipshits, You are as about as right in the head as a volcano. The only difference is that the lava is only a momentary crisis. After a decade or so nobody will remember you existed. :lol:

Does spouting all that hate give you an erection? I know you have to get something out of it.

Forum List

Back