What percentage of the black vote do the democrats usually get?

suplex3000

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2014
Georgia
I know it was recently a lot higher because of Obama, but he's not running this year. According to a few sources online the consensus is that democrats got anywhere from 95-98% of the black vote in the past two elections. How much will that go down in the next election?

Will the percentage go down because more are voting for the republicans instead of the democrats? Or will it go down because less people came out to vote?

98%!!! We're not talking about the Jewish vote for Obama, we're talking about the black vote for Obama, which in spite of all the criminality, rot, sleaze, and corruption of black polling places around the country, I'd be surprised is much higher than 90%.

If I remember correctly Bill Clinton got a similar percentage of the black vote. Republicans don't have as much of a policy problem with minorities as a message problem.

If I remember correctly Bill Clinton got a similar percentage of the black vote. Republicans don't have as much of a policy problem with minorities as a message problem.
seems to me that not only republicans have a message problem. look at Obama, he is a real spin master

Yeah evidently the message of taking personal responsibility, putting out your own effort to achieve success just does not sell well with the vast majority of the black vote.

Or.. maybe they just like the easy money?

Last edited:
seems to me that not only republicans have a message problem. look at Obama, he is a real spin master

It may only be about politics, but the Democrats are doing something right. They consistently hold an overwhelming percentage of the minority vote. Part of the problem is the Republican message that minorities are just being duped with free stuff. They have to address minorities in a less condescending manner.

Yeah evidently the message of taking personal responsibility, putting out your own effort to achieve success just does not sell well with the vast majority of the black vote.

It may only be about politics, but the Democrats are doing something right. They consistently hold an overwhelming percentage of the minority vote. Part of the problem is the Republican message that minorities are just being duped with free stuff. They have to address minorities in a less condescending manner.

DUDE!! Treating a man like a man is not condescending... giving handouts to a man to buy his vote... that's condescending.

Ever since 1980 the GOP has never attained more than 12% of the African American vote, the 90's elections are a bit misleading because of Perot.

DUDE!! Treating a man like a man is not condescending... giving handouts to a man to buy his vote... that's condescending.

The GOP gives out handouts just as much as the Democrats, it's just that the type of handouts they give favor the middle class and wealthy people more than the poor, and also seem to target white families.

Obviously the Democrats have the black vote in their back pocket.

Their challenge will be getting out the black vote as I don't see the black community getting excited about an old white left wing lesbian in a pants suit.

Bill Clinton had a big appeal with Black voters. I don't see that happening with Billary, she is not "cool" like her hubby. And she will have more than a fair share of baggage dragging behind her in 2016.

Bill Clinton had a big appeal with Black voters. I don't see that happening with Billary, she is not "cool" like her hubby. And she will have more than a fair share of baggage dragging behind her in 2016.

Why not? And why does being "cool" have anything to do with getting support from black voters?

I'm pretty sure Kerry got 88% of the black vote, give or take 1-2%.

As long as nutter politicians keep telling black Americans that they are lazy, shiftless and culturally retarded, they will have trouble getting their support.

As long as nutter pundits keep claiming that black voters are only interested in getting free phones and a welfare check, they will continue to alienate the demographic.

As long as nutters keep claiming that black Americans don't have an understanding of what personal responsibility means, they'll continue to wonder why they cannot get black voters to support them.

THe GOP consistently gets the majority of the white vote. Does that mean that the GOP is doing something right?

Or is it only a good thing when it serves your agenda?

As long as nutter politicians keep telling black Americans that they are lazy, shiftless and culturally retarded, they will have trouble getting their support.

As long as nutter pundits keep claiming that black voters are only interested in getting free phones and a welfare check, they will continue to alienate the demographic.

As long as nutters keep claiming that black Americans don't have an understanding of what personal responsibility means, they'll continue to wonder why they cannot get black voters to support them.

Obama had some harsh words for White America, and he got more of the white vote than Kerry did.

Obama had some harsh words for White America, and he got more of the white vote than Kerry did.

Like what? Harsh words for white America? I can't wait to hear what you think are harsh words.

THe GOP consistently gets the majority of the white vote. Does that mean that the GOP is doing something right?

Whoa! You are so deep!

Like what? Harsh words for white America? I can't wait to hear what you think are harsh words.

HIs crack about small town whites "clinging to the bibles and guns, and being afraid of people who are different".

Pretty insulting. Didn't stop him from wining those rust belt states.

Or a larger percentage of the white vote than Kerry got.

Whoa! You are so deep!

If winning the black vote consistently is a sign the dems are doing something right,

does that mean that winning the white vote consistently is a sign the gop is doing something right?

It's a simple and reasonable question.

Can you address it?

HIs crack about small town whites "clinging to the bibles and guns, and being afraid of people who are different".

Pretty insulting. Didn't stop him from wining those rust belt states.

Or a larger percentage of the white vote than Kerry got.

Wow! That's harsh!

Forum List

Back